No announcement yet.

Oldest active players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giant Rolf Mayr still playing: http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?Cntry=GER&Team=6709
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

Lithuania - Rolandas Maciulaitis (3rd Lithanian league) - 46 years 5 months
      BBL - Fred Drains (Dolphins) - 38 years, 1 day
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Dikembe

Dikembe

Comment

Greg Oden has to be the oldest player on the planet! Recon he's even older than Mount Mutombo;-)
          For a list of basketball agents & coaching/team job sites check out:

http://www.sportgorilla.com/basketballjobs.php

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
            "Ken Mink may be the first guy who can qualify for a senior discount during his senior season.

Mink, 73, is a 6-foot, 190-pound newcomer to the Roane State (Tenn.) junior college basketball team about 35 miles west of Knoxville.

He's likely the oldest person to ever play college hoops. To put Mink in perspective, Utah State's Gary Wilkinson will be among the oldest Division I players this season; he just turned 26.

Mink played for Lees (Ky.) Junior College until 1956 when he was dismissed following a prank he still denies.

Mink, an avid outdoorsman, said he realized he could still hoop it up when he was shooting baskets in his driveway last fall.

"I had been knocking down shot after shot, so when I came in the house I told my wife, 'I've still got it,' " Mink told the Knoxville News Sentinel. "She said, 'You've got what?' I said, 'I can still play.' "

Mink wrote to some coaches seeking the chance to play, and Roane's Randy Nesbit gave him a shot. Mink spent the summer getting into shape and playing with a senior team from the area in three state tournaments.

Mink says he was a good high school player in the '50s and had several scholarship offers, but went to Lees because it offered a full ride. He says he averaged about 12 points a game until his dismissal.

He can still shoot (watch this video from The Knoxville News), moves pretty well for a septuagenarian and has bonded with his younger teammates.

Mink is unlikely to play for more than five or six minutes a game once Roane State opens its season Nov. 3.

"There's a lot of complicated offensive and defensive schemes that I have to learn, but the other players have been helping me every step of the way," Mink said.

by FOXSports.com"

Get NCAA Men's College Basketball news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

I just really hope that the guy doesn't get a heart attack after running for the loose ball

Turns out that the 73 year old (Mr. Ken Mink) is inelligible to play due to academic issues !!! Man this story continues to crack me up

Comment

Mario Boni still playing at 45 (Italian Serie C for Dilettanti).
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf keeps playing at 40 and joined Kyoto Hannaryz (Japan 2nd division).
                Artificial Nature

Comment

walid doumyati and jasem kansou, both around 40 or more, are likely to play in the lebanese league, 1st division with hoops

Comment

Sakalai Vilnius (LKL) this year will have Rolandas Skaisgirys (1969-2-19) plus two 37 year old players
                    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Darryl Middleton (43 yo) will play this season in LEB Gold, spanish 2nd division.
                      Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
                      You are a troll.

Comment

Michael Higgins, 43, playing for ACB newcomer Obradoiro.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Former NBA guard Reggie Jordan, 41, signed by Lobos Grises Durango (Mexican LNBP).
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Fred Campbell (47..), recently signed for Hapoel Haifa from the Israeli national league (2nd division).

Comment

Gerald Williams (41) signing for Halcones Córdoba (Mexican LNB)...
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Mahmoud Abdul Rauf (40 years old) is playing this season with Kyoto Hannaryz in the Japanese BJ League

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information