No announcement yet.

Oldest active players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nancy Lieberman played for wnba's Detroit Shock tonight, and she's silver medalist of Montreal'76 Olympic Games.

Comment

Joan creus led TDK Manresa to the ACB league title in 1998 and won final MVP when he was 41.
      Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
      You are a troll.

Comment

Juan Espil, 40, still playing (Boca Juniors, Argentina).
        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
        Artificial Nature

Comment

Davor Marcelić, 39, playing for Krka Novo Mesto (Slovenia).
          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
            Darryl Middleton plays in the world's 2nd best league, ACB at the age of 41...

He is an awesome player...
            He's currently playing for C.B. Sant Josep Girona in spanish 4th division.
            Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket
            You are a troll.

Comment

Mario Butler panamanian that plays in Puerto Rico BSN league and he is 50 years old.

Comment

He has been 50 years old for 2 o 3 years already. We stopped counting.
                sigpic

Comment

Senior season: 73-year-old laces up the hightops

"Ken Mink may be the first guy who can qualify for a senior discount during his senior season.

Mink, 73, is a 6-foot, 190-pound newcomer to the Roane State (Tenn.) junior college basketball team about 35 miles west of Knoxville.

He's likely the oldest person to ever play college hoops. To put Mink in perspective, Utah State's Gary Wilkinson will be among the oldest Division I players this season; he just turned 26.

Mink played for Lees (Ky.) Junior College until 1956 when he was dismissed following a prank he still denies.

Mink, an avid outdoorsman, said he realized he could still hoop it up when he was shooting baskets in his driveway last fall.

"I had been knocking down shot after shot, so when I came in the house I told my wife, 'I've still got it,' " Mink told the Knoxville News Sentinel. "She said, 'You've got what?' I said, 'I can still play.' "

Mink wrote to some coaches seeking the chance to play, and Roane's Randy Nesbit gave him a shot. Mink spent the summer getting into shape and playing with a senior team from the area in three state tournaments.

Mink says he was a good high school player in the '50s and had several scholarship offers, but went to Lees because it offered a full ride. He says he averaged about 12 points a game until his dismissal.

He can still shoot (watch this video from The Knoxville News), moves pretty well for a septuagenarian and has bonded with his younger teammates.

Mink is unlikely to play for more than five or six minutes a game once Roane State opens its season Nov. 3.

"There's a lot of complicated offensive and defensive schemes that I have to learn, but the other players have been helping me every step of the way," Mink said.

by FOXSports.com"

Get NCAA Men's College Basketball news, scores, stats, poll rankings & more for your favorite college teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

I just really hope that the guy doesn't get a heart attack after running for the loose ball

Comment

Is Dike still playing?

Comment

Larry Lewis (39) playing for Zaragoza (ACB).
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

other....

Silvester gray (drafted form miami heat in 1984)
                        Now play in d series in italy

Comment

I remember an article on a guy called something like Ron Anderson, former Sonics players in 1996 who was playing in N2 or N3 at 47. He was nearly not training, his body was too old for that, but made 20+ points per game there yet.

Antwan Hoard of Besacon is a rookie in pro A at 36years old despit having played a few years in Pro B at least.
                          It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

Comment

At the age of 40, Harun Erdenay plays for ITU in Turkish 2nd division.
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

At the age of 42, Tomer Shtainhaor (C, 2.07) is playing 25mpg in which he is averaging 11pts., 5.7 reb. and 2.3 ass. at a second div team, and not a bad one either (currently positioned 3rd).

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid80
                                I just really hope that the guy doesn't get a heart attack after running for the loose ball
                                Actually, for a 73-year-old fellow, he's in fantastic shape!! If I could look like that when I'm 60, I'll be happy.
                                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information