Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oldest active players

Mario Butler panamanian that plays in Puerto Rico BSN league and he is 50 years old.

He has been 50 years old for 2 o 3 years already. We stopped counting.

Default Senior season: 73-year-old laces up the hightops

"Ken Mink may be the first guy who can qualify for a senior discount during his senior season.

Mink, 73, is a 6-foot, 190-pound newcomer to the Roane State (Tenn.) junior college basketball team about 35 miles west of Knoxville.

He's likely the oldest person to ever play college hoops. To put Mink in perspective, Utah State's Gary Wilkinson will be among the oldest Division I players this season; he just turned 26.

Mink played for Lees (Ky.) Junior College until 1956 when he was dismissed following a prank he still denies.

Mink, an avid outdoorsman, said he realized he could still hoop it up when he was shooting baskets in his driveway last fall.

"I had been knocking down shot after shot, so when I came in the house I told my wife, 'I've still got it,' " Mink told the Knoxville News Sentinel. "She said, 'You've got what?' I said, 'I can still play.' "

Mink wrote to some coaches seeking the chance to play, and Roane's Randy Nesbit gave him a shot. Mink spent the summer getting into shape and playing with a senior team from the area in three state tournaments.

Mink says he was a good high school player in the '50s and had several scholarship offers, but went to Lees because it offered a full ride. He says he averaged about 12 points a game until his dismissal.

He can still shoot (watch this video from The Knoxville News), moves pretty well for a septuagenarian and has bonded with his younger teammates.

Mink is unlikely to play for more than five or six minutes a game once Roane State opens its season Nov. 3.

"There's a lot of complicated offensive and defensive schemes that I have to learn, but the other players have been helping me every step of the way," Mink said.

by FOXSports.com"

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8...PHCP&GT1=39002

I just really hope that the guy doesn't get a heart attack after running for the loose ball

Is Dike still playing?

Larry Lewis (39) playing for Zaragoza (ACB).
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Default other....

Silvester gray (drafted form miami heat in 1984)
    Now play in d series in italy

I remember an article on a guy called something like Ron Anderson, former Sonics players in 1996 who was playing in N2 or N3 at 47. He was nearly not training, his body was too old for that, but made 20+ points per game there yet.

Antwan Hoard of Besacon is a rookie in pro A at 36years old despit having played a few years in Pro B at least.
    It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's Rudy!

At the age of 40, Harun Erdenay plays for ITU in Turkish 2nd division.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

At the age of 42, Tomer Shtainhaor (C, 2.07) is playing 25mpg in which he is averaging 11pts., 5.7 reb. and 2.3 ass. at a second div team, and not a bad one either (currently positioned 3rd).

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80
    I just really hope that the guy doesn't get a heart attack after running for the loose ball
    Actually, for a 73-year-old fellow, he's in fantastic shape!! If I could look like that when I'm 60, I'll be happy.

Artificial Nature

Lithuania - Rolandas Maciulaitis (3rd Lithanian league) - 46 years 5 months
    BBL - Fred Drains (Dolphins) - 38 years, 1 day

Banned

Default Dikembe

Dikembe

Greg Oden has to be the oldest player on the planet! Recon he's even older than Mount Mutombo;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80 View Post
    "Ken Mink may be the first guy who can qualify for a senior discount during his senior season.

Mink, 73, is a 6-foot, 190-pound newcomer to the Roane State (Tenn.) junior college basketball team about 35 miles west of Knoxville.

He's likely the oldest person to ever play college hoops. To put Mink in perspective, Utah State's Gary Wilkinson will be among the oldest Division I players this season; he just turned 26.

Mink played for Lees (Ky.) Junior College until 1956 when he was dismissed following a prank he still denies.

Mink, an avid outdoorsman, said he realized he could still hoop it up when he was shooting baskets in his driveway last fall.

"I had been knocking down shot after shot, so when I came in the house I told my wife, 'I've still got it,' " Mink told the Knoxville News Sentinel. "She said, 'You've got what?' I said, 'I can still play.' "

Mink wrote to some coaches seeking the chance to play, and Roane's Randy Nesbit gave him a shot. Mink spent the summer getting into shape and playing with a senior team from the area in three state tournaments.

Mink says he was a good high school player in the '50s and had several scholarship offers, but went to Lees because it offered a full ride. He says he averaged about 12 points a game until his dismissal.

He can still shoot (watch this video from The Knoxville News), moves pretty well for a septuagenarian and has bonded with his younger teammates.

Mink is unlikely to play for more than five or six minutes a game once Roane State opens its season Nov. 3.

"There's a lot of complicated offensive and defensive schemes that I have to learn, but the other players have been helping me every step of the way," Mink said.

by FOXSports.com"

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8...PHCP&GT1=39002

Turns out that the 73 year old (Mr. Ken Mink) is inelligible to play due to academic issues !!! Man this story continues to crack me up

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9...PHCP&gt1=39002

Mario Boni still playing at 45 (Italian Serie C for Dilettanti).
    Artificial Nature

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf keeps playing at 40 and joined Kyoto Hannaryz (Japan 2nd division).
    Artificial Nature

walid doumyati and jasem kansou, both around 40 or more, are likely to play in the lebanese league, 1st division with hoops

Sakalai Vilnius (LKL) this year will have Rolandas Skaisgirys (1969-2-19) plus two 37 year old players

Darryl Middleton (43 yo) will play this season in LEB Gold, spanish 2nd division.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast