View Poll Results: Your favorite male tennis player of last two decades?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roger Federer (20 Grand Slams: 6 A, 1 RG, 8 W, 5 US)

14 35.00%
  • Pete Samprass (14 Grand Slams: 2 A, 0 RG, 7 W, 5 US)

4 10.00%
  • Rafael Nadal (16 Grand Slams: 1 A, 10 RG, 2 W, 3 US)

11 27.50%
  • Andre Agassi (8 Grand Slams: 4 A, 1 RG, 1 W, 2 US)

3 7.50%
  • Boris Becker (6 Grand Slams: 2 A, 0 RG, 3 W, 1 US)

0 0%
  • Other

8 20.00%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tennis Thread

that's it.Fed lost.I'm sick.
    "The worst part is wondering how you値l find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you値l find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~C駘ine

lol no one has lost anything yet

edit: okay now he lost. he can't come back from 5-2, can he?
    Last edited by kyosphere; 09-15-2009 at 12:22 AM.
    FENERBAHヌE 10/11 in Turkish League

Football...........................CHAMPIONS
    Men's Basketball...............CHAMPIONS
    Women's Baskeball...........CHAMPIONS
    Men's Volleyball................CHAMPIONS
    Women's Volleyball...........CHAMPIONS

yes it is.This has screwed up my whole week.Thank you Juan...but anyway..congrats to his first slam I suppose.Great improvement.
    "The worst part is wondering how you値l find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you値l find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~C駘ine

well, I didn't expect that one. Congratulations DP. Fed's services were not good today and during 5th set, his backhand let him down

Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2 View Post
    Make fake smile face and then do everything as this guy describes
    lol thanx arkadie for cheering me up!

it was very heartbreaking but for sure nothing like Wimby08.Now that I have cooled off a bit,I have to say some comments.Fed could have closed this match several times but he didn't and he payed for it.Delpo totally deserved this victrory especially beating Nadal and Federer back to back.He is going to win much more slams because he is very consistent and always improves.

If Fed had to lose to someone,for sure DelPo would be the one I would choose.Congrats again!

Fed was too much confident in the 2nd set, he allowed Delpo to comeback when the argentinian was almost hopeless and then there was no way to stop him. Amazing match anyway, the best final in the USO in a long, long time.

well i'm a very optimistic man but even for me it's hard to believe we can surprise spain this weekend...
    and playing on clay, Israeli players arn't really good on clay while spanish ones rocks...
    well i think 1 point could be great (probably doubles match) but who knows robredo really sucks against dudi (3-0 for dudi) and on david cup he is really bad 3-7 only in singles. so lets hope he'll play and who knows.. maybe we will make it tight and surpirse after all (probably will end with 3-0 or 3-1 and last game for nothing)
    anyway, fighting spirit from dudi&harel playing like before that cursed injury and we might have a chance (not really huh? but let me dream )

Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan View Post
    yes it is.This has screwed up my whole week.Thank you Juan...but anyway..congrats to his first slam I suppose.Great improvement.
    Lol i can't imagine you after the match, here is a recommendation for the screwed week

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kyosphere; 09-15-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Iエm not a big fan of Delpo, but kudos

IMO, this guy is gonna be a one hit wonder ( not misunderstanding, heエs a great player but as Roddick, Ferrero, Moya and they are alll one hit wonder )

I think that the only one with the potential to dominate the atp as Fed did is Murrray since i cant see Delpo playing a good tennis on clay because of his mobility and his lateral movements, way too slow for what you need on clay... even on grass he could have some problems since the grass is almost clay lately and i cant think he can improve those weaknesses, its just how he is.

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post

Holy efff...

Don't feel bad. Federer had a great tournament but this was going to happen sooner or later. Anyways Federer is already the greatest player ever and i'm sure he'll win at least 1 more grand slam before retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkadiosV2 View Post
    Make fake smile face and then do everything as this guy describes

Man this guy needs to seriously get a life . But he has shown us the wonders of using scotch tape

Henin decided to come back!!!!!!!

at least smth good came out of this uso!

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    Iエm not a big fan of Delpo, but kudos

IMO, this guy is gonna be a one hit wonder ( not misunderstanding, heエs a great player but as Roddick, Ferrero, Moya and they are alll one hit wonder )

I think that the only one with the potential to dominate the atp as Fed did is Murrray since i cant see Delpo playing a good tennis on clay because of his mobility and his lateral movements, way too slow for what you need on clay... even on grass he could have some problems since the grass is almost clay lately and i cant think he can improve those weaknesses, its just how he is.
    I disagree.I believe that Pony will win more slams.Nadal is always injured (another injury btw just came up),Fed is nost getting any younger,Djoker has lost it and Murray may win every Master on the face of the earth but when it comes to a longer tourney,and a best of 5 he's always vulnerable to lose against a hot player.I believe that Juan is lucky soon there will be a little more "opening" for him,and will have the chance to win more than one slam.
    Maybe not on clay..though he did reach the semis and gave me a near heartattack at that match too,but at least in AO and USO I see him being one of the favourites.
    What I like the most about this guy,though I never liked tall,big servers (Karlovic i.e ),is his consistency and his strong mental game.I believe he's here to stay.

tommorow it begins!
    LETS GO ISRAEL

Quote Originally Posted by MaccabiTA View Post
    tommorow it begins!
    LETS GO ISRAEL
    hehe yes man!Good luck!!
    You see about Dudi you were talking about?Robredo who is a regular top10 and now in top 20,has said that because Dudi always beats him he will play on doubles!! he's too afraid of him!lol
    Dudi has good h2h against ferrer and robredo but in hard not clay.We will see what happens,but I'm not writing you off!!Maybe I can find a stream if you want to watch the matches. Yala Israel!!!

hehe yes man!Good luck!!
    You see about Dudi you were talking about?Robredo who is a regular top10 and now in top 20,has said that because Dudi always beats him he will play on doubles!! he's too afraid of him!lol
    Dudi has good h2h against ferrer and robredo but in hard not clay.We will see what happens,but I'm not writing you off!!Maybe I can find a stream if you want to watch the matches. Yala Israel!!!
    thanks man they broadcast the games in the website of sport5 channel (and also on tv in this channel) but thanks for offering your help if you don't find a link and want to watch this tie PM me
    fuck it it's gonna be hard... but if we fight we might surprise im optimistic perhaps too optimistic but i don't know i got this good feeling.. and it's really too bad robredo's not playin cuz he isn't really a davis cup player and dudi's smart and determined style of play really works against him but again it's on clay, in spain and Ram&Erlich arn't really at best condition since Erlich's injury... even though Ram's doin well with Max Mirni (this belarussian guy) so who knows?
    and also in beijing (when dudi made it to the final) he also beat ferrer :P
    i mean, against russia we were an underdog (only 1 player in top 200, levy was about 220 i think) and we kicked ass with great 3-0 (4-1 including last day) but we had the hard court and most important the great Israeli fans (including me )
    but we fight, that's what we do when everybody thinks theres no chance this is Israel time (maybe this mission is a bit too much but who knows)

Quote Originally Posted by MaccabiTA View Post
    thanks man they broadcast the games in the website of sport5 channel (and also on tv in this channel) but thanks for offering your help if you don't find a link and want to watch this tie PM me
    fuck it it's gonna be hard... but if we fight we might surprise im optimistic perhaps too optimistic but i don't know i got this good feeling.. and it's really too bad robredo's not playin cuz he isn't really a davis cup player and dudi's smart and determined style of play really works against him but again it's on clay, in spain and Ram&Erlich arn't really at best condition since Erlich's injury... even though Ram's doin well with Max Mirni (this belarussian guy) so who knows?
    and also in beijing (when dudi made it to the final) he also beat ferrer :P
    i mean, against russia we were an underdog (only 1 player in top 200, levy was about 220 i think) and we kicked ass with great 3-0 (4-1 including last day) but we had the hard court and most important the great Israeli fans (including me )
    but we fight, that's what we do when everybody thinks theres no chance this is Israel time (maybe this mission is a bit too much but who knows)
    ferrer has also problems with his knees all summer.That's also one more reason why the spaniards chose clay,because they count a lot on him,and clay isn't so hard on the knees as hardcourt..
    Oh yes please!Maybe I won't watch it (i'm not sure about the hours mixing with eurobasket! ) ,but I have a lot of friends who will want to and will be searching for streams!!So post them if you can!

hehe must have been amazing,to support your team and get that huge almost historical win!! If you get Spain out,it will be another one.If I betted,I would bet on Israel win for sure!It's definitely worth with such odds!

and yup..robredo sux!!We call him "Boredo"!! hehehe

ferrer has also problems with his knees all summer.That's also one more reason why the spaniards chose clay,because they count a lot on him,and clay isn't so hard on the knees as hardcourt..
    Oh yes please!Maybe I won't watch it (i'm not sure about the hours mixing with eurobasket! ) ,but I have a lot of friends who will want to and will be searching for streams!!So post them if you can!

hehe must have been amazing,to support your team and get that huge almost historical win!! If you get Spain out,it will be another one.If I betted,I would bet on Israel win for sure!It's definitely worth with such odds!

and yup..robredo sux!!We call him "Boredo"!! hehehe
    hope you're right
    umm i can get you easily one in this Israeli website if you want but i don't know if you could understand. it's not that hard but it's your choice, you can also search in youtube for "watch spain vs israel live" and it'll give you some options, the quality in this israeli website will probably be good so if you want to know how to use it tell me or try these links on youtube

FedFan
    here i found some nice link it'll start broadcast when the game begins i think..
    http://www.fromsport.com/video-75995.html
    (it begins 13:00 Israel time- 1 hour 45 mins after i post this reply)

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast