View Poll Results: Your favorite male tennis player of last two decades?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roger Federer (20 Grand Slams: 6 A, 1 RG, 8 W, 5 US)

14 35.00%
  • Pete Samprass (14 Grand Slams: 2 A, 0 RG, 7 W, 5 US)

4 10.00%
  • Rafael Nadal (16 Grand Slams: 1 A, 10 RG, 2 W, 3 US)

11 27.50%
  • Andre Agassi (8 Grand Slams: 4 A, 1 RG, 1 W, 2 US)

3 7.50%
  • Boris Becker (6 Grand Slams: 2 A, 0 RG, 3 W, 1 US)

0 0%
  • Other

8 20.00%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tennis Thread

well, women's final is next on. Kim is gonna win it, i guess.

and hey, i wonder if your loby can help Baghdatis to beat Roger. I believe you have that much power,don't you

and now the final is Delpo-Federer.
    Delpo is a very tall,hard server very consistent and strong mentally only 20 years old in his first ever GS final.
    If Fed uses a lot of slice and takes advantage of Juan's bad movement and tire him up,and also takes the first set,where I except Juan to show some nerves,it will be a 3-4 set win.
    Last time they played was in RG semis which was a very tight match,and their H2H is 0-8.
    The final is tomorrow at only 16:00 local time which is 22:00 CET.

Kyosphere are you a member of mtf?it's a very funny and huge tennis forum,which has also many turks.
    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Quote Originally Posted by kyosphere View Post
    well, women's final is next on. Kim is gonna win it, i guess.

and hey, i wonder if your loby can help Baghdatis to beat Roger. I believe you have that much power,don't you
    Baggy won tonight a challenger against Mallisse which will put him I believe back in the top100.It's encouraging news,but I have lost all my faith on him,his always new coach,and his training regime.Because I'm his fan I won't say he's done..but the future doesn't look bright.

After what happened yesterday I will be for sure supporting Kim!What a comeback she made after 2 years off!The WTA is a joke.

Greek loby can't help Marko sorry.It has no power over deities like Fed.
    "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Quote Originally Posted by Fedfan View Post
    Kyosphere are you a member of mtf?it's a very funny and huge tennis forum,which has also many turks.
    although i sometimes follow it to catch up, i'm not a member. and for men's final, i was expecting DP to beat Nadal, (not only because of fatigue factor, his style really breaks down Nadal) but i can't see him taking more than 1 set against Roger. (and for the sake of final, please win 1 set at least DP! )

After what happened yesterday I will be for sure supporting Kim!What a comeback she made after 2 years off!The WTA is a joke.
    haha, well, at least Henin is not back yet. All the single ladies of russia and that Williams sisters should reconsider their career if she decides to return lol

although i sometimes follow it to catch up, i'm not a member. and for men's final, i was expecting DP to beat Nadal, (not only because of fatigue factor, his style really breaks down Nadal) but i can't see him taking more than 1 set against Roger. (and for the sake of final, please win 1 set at least DP! )
    yes it has valuable info on draws,points tournies and also stream links.Though a bit tiring with all the whining. and b!tching.
    Anyway if you want to drop by here's a more quiet and more like Interbasket forum:http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php
    I always want to recruit us new members hehe

There is also a very promising turk player coming up,maybe wanna keep an eye on him.It's of course early to tell,but hopefully we have more than slavs representing the balkans soon.

anyways..i got too excited with that shot and talked too much!I go now post only in tw and not full this one with tennis! goodnight!

haha, well, at least Henin is not back yet. All the single ladies of russia and that Williams sisters should reconsider their career if she decides to return lol
    she only got fined 10K for the deaththreat. what a ridiculous decision by the USTA.It's like fining a normal person 20$!She makes more than 20 million per year!
    I really don't like Serena,always cocky and full of herself. At least I expect that the ITF forces her to apologise formally to that poor woman.

yes it has valuable info on draws,points tournies and also stream links.Though a bit tiring with all the whining. and b!tching.
    Anyway if you want to drop by here's a more quiet and more like Interbasket forum:http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php
    I always want to recruit us new members hehe

There is also a very promising turk player coming up,maybe wanna keep an eye on him.It's of course early to tell,but hopefully we have more than slavs representing the balkans soon.

anyways..i got too excited with that shot and talked too much!I go now post only in tw and not full this one with tennis! goodnight!
    well, you probably mentioned Marsel İlhan,but I don't have high hopes on him. Turkey and Tennis? ela file, not in a milliooooooooooooon years anyway, already checked the forum, looks interesting, sure i'll drop by sometime. goodnight

the comeback completed..kim clijsters has won us open with 2 sets against caroline wozniacki. if i'm not mistaken this is her second grand slam title(as i far as i remember first one was also us open) Lovely coincidence! Go Kim, please come back Justine, can't wait for men's final bla bla bla... and i desperately need to sleep,can't believe how still i'm awake at 6am.Zzzz
    Last edited by kyosphere; 09-14-2009 at 03:18 AM.
    FENERBAHÇE 10/11 in Turkish League

Football...........................CHAMPIONS
    Men's Basketball...............CHAMPIONS
    Women's Baskeball...........CHAMPIONS
    Men's Volleyball................CHAMPIONS
    Women's Volleyball...........CHAMPIONS

Unhappy What happened to this Williams?

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

NEW YORK – Serena Williams faces an anxious wait to see if she is to be banned from future Grand Slam tournaments following her controversial outburst at the U.S. Open.

Williams was levied with a $10,000 fine by the U.S. Open for unsportsmanlike conduct on Sunday for her foul-mouthed tirade at a line judge the night before, as she slumped to a semifinals defeat to Kim Clijsters. The fine was the maximum possible at this stage.

An additional $500 fine for racket abuse was also imposed by tournament referee Brian Earley, but those on-site punishments could be just the tip of the iceberg for the world No. 2.

A further investigation by the Grand Slam Committee, as first reported by Yahoo! Sports on Saturday night, has already begun and will prompt serious concern from Williams and her supporters.

The committee has the authority to strip Williams of her entire $350,000 prize purse for this tournament, plus hand down a ban for future Slams starting with the 2010 Australian Open. However, she is expected to be allowed to compete in Monday’s women’s doubles final alongside sister Venus.

A committee administrator will first determine whether Serena Williams’ actions warrant consideration as a “major offense” – a near certainty given the nature of her comments toward the official.

It is likely that she would be charged with “aggravated behavior” for conduct that was “flagrant and particularly injurious to the success of a Grand Slam, or is singularly egregious,” according to the Grand Slam rule book.

Williams released a statement on Sunday evening claiming her actions had highlighted her intensity for the game. “Last night everyone could truly see the passion I have for my job,” she said.

“Now that I have had time to gain my composure, I can see that while I don’t agree with the unfair line call, in the heat of battle I let my passion and emotion get the better of me and as a result handled the situation poorly.”

Williams has won 11 Grand Slam titles and is the defending champion at the Australian Open and Wimbledon.
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Quote Originally Posted by durden_tyler View Post
    Serena is in very deep sh!t.She has the International Tennis Federation,the Womens Tennis Association the UsTennis Association going for blood after her.She made the MOST ridiculous excuse of a public apology and also had the nerve to appear yesterday at the VMAs and appear as the victim.

She is already fined for 10k,which is pocket money for her but most probably she's going to be banned from the next Grand Slams,get another HEAVY fine,and be defaulted from the doubles GS final tonight.Otherwise won't be suprised if the american crowd boo out of the stadium their compatriots themselves.
    I'm sick and tired of drama queen Serena who can pull out the race card in an iffy,appear always the victim because she's a black woman from a ghetto and jehova.I hope the lineswoman will press charges against her.

This to tennis world standards is a big big scandal.Maybe she will decide to retire and save us all the trouble.But that's only wishfull thinking.

the comeback completed..kim clijsters has won us open with 2 sets against caroline wozniacki. if i'm not mistaken this is her second grand slam title(as i far as i remember first one was also us open) Lovely coincidence! Go Kim, please come back Justine, can't wait for men's final bla bla bla... and i desperately need to sleep,can't believe how still i'm awake at 6am.Zzzz
    hehe I also stayed up and watched!!Kim almost chocked the match away but Caroline was too weak for her.
    She becomes the second mother only to win a GS,and proves that the WTA without Justine is such a joke that a retired player comes back after 2 years and wins a GS in her 3rd tournament.
    How cute was her child,like an angel! Also Caroline was a very gracious loser,smiling and looking too happy to be there.I liked her more after this.Hopefully Henin is somewhere out there watching and takes an example.Either her or..Margaret Court!

well, you probably mentioned Marsel İlhan,but I don't have high hopes on him. Turkey and Tennis? ela file, not in a milliooooooooooooon years anyway, already checked the forum, looks interesting, sure i'll drop by sometime. goodnight
    Sure!Why not??Did Switzerland have a tennis tradition?And now the GOAT is swiss!You seen players from Latvia,Japan,Cyprus coming in and making a dent in the tour.So for sure Turkey can too.
    The next "Federer" is going to be Bulgarian. And they dont' have any tradition either!

Israeli Dudi Sela
    btw we're in the davis cup semi-final how cool is that? and we'll probably never come back there... we're not really good but just like in basketball (unfortunatly not in 2009 EB) we've got the fighting spirit which sometimes with a really noisy and hot crown in Israel does it for us just like against great russia. we had these days only one player in the TOP 200 russia had like 5 in the top 40... and we kicked their ass 3-0 (and with last games 4-1)

Dudi has a very sweet forehand,he will be a consistent top 50,and maybe even stay a while in top 20.He already made a nice run in Wimbledon this year.

hehe your win it was shocking.Especially Andreev losing to Levy was..I have no words. All the russian players right now are in a serious slump.Youzhny,Andreev..But nothing to take away from Israel and Dudi!!You also have good doubles player!
    but now is Spain.Even with no Nadal and Verdasco,they have Ferrer,Robredo,Navarro..so many good players.

I'm still mourning about Safin's retirement this year and really..it will be Years till I'm completely over it.lol http://thisrecording.files.wordpress...rat-safin3.jpg

Dudi has a very sweet forehand,he will be a consistent top 50,and maybe even stay a while in top 20.He already made a nice run in Wimbledon this year.

hehe your win it was shocking.Especially Andreev losing to Levy was..I have no words. All the russian players right now are in a serious slump.Youzhny,Andreev..But nothing to take away from Israel and Dudi!!You also have good doubles player!
    but now is Spain.Even with no Nadal and Verdasco,they have Ferrer,Robredo,Navarro..so many good players.

I'm still mourning about Safin's retirement this year and really..it will be Years till I'm completely over it.lol http://thisrecording.files.wordpress...rat-safin3.jpg

Ferru, Robredo and Verdasco are injuried, but i´m sure they will manage to play. Ferrero is doing it great lately, and they will play on clay, so even better for him Shame that i wont be able to see this eliminatory

Fedfan, you mean menstennisforum???? what is your nickname?? maybe we had some arguments over there

About Nadal´s game, this guy has serious problems with his body. In the semi against Delpo, his average speed serving was around 170 km/h, my boys can serve faster than him And he had to hit the ball with a diabolic top-spin cause he couldnt hit it flatter due to his abs problems, such a shame. Anyway, im sure Delpo would have won but not that easy.

Tonight, 7-6 6-3 6-4 for Fed.

And that shot from Fed wasnt that awesome, there´s plenty of shots like that from other players too :P A little example there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvF69okLqsw

Quote Originally Posted by Useless View Post
    Ferru, Robredo and Verdasco are injuried, but i´m sure they will manage to play. Ferrero is doing it great lately, and they will play on clay, so even better for him Shame that i wont be able to see this eliminatory

Fedfan, you mean menstennisforum???? what is your nickname?? maybe we had some arguments over there

About Nadal´s game, this guy has serious problems with his body. In the semi against Delpo, his average speed serving was around 170 km/h, my boys can serve faster than him And he had to hit the ball with a diabolic top-spin cause he couldnt hit it flatter due to his abs problems, such a shame. Anyway, im sure Delpo would have won but not that easy.

Tonight, 7-6 6-3 6-4 for Fed.

And that shot from Fed wasnt that awesome, there´s plenty of shots like that from other players too :P A little example there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvF69okLqsw
    lol lol @ Gonzo AND a netcord!but shhhh...come on man.I'm a Fedfan and this was in a semi setting up mps.Don't spoil it for me ! hehe
    yes mtf!I don't post often..because I'm a little..afraid of the jungle that is GM. but sometimes I post in the castle..I know of some "useless" spaniards there.: p just don't tell me you're Clay Death! I prefer TW,because you don't have so much tards,but i.e the smilies are worse there.Many mtfers have moved to us recently!.you should too! we are not savages there!

oi oi,And Robredo And ..Pics injured?When???!
    I read somewhere that Nando has already withdrawn too.So Ferrero,Almagro,Lalo and Oscar Hernandez for Spain!
    As for Nadal allow me to keep my suspicions with his injuries..but also express my sympathy for his fans.Hopefully he will be no2 and not that ugly git.
    I think that DelPotro will take one set.That RG semi gave me heartattacks and he's so much better in hardcourts.

"I swear to God.I will take this f** ball and stick it to your f** throat!I swear to God!!You don't know me!!"

Holy efff...
    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Robredo and Verdasco have the same abdo problems than Rafa ( suspicious, isnt it? ) and Ferrer has problems with his knee.

Great Delpo, he won the second set !

Ohh, a little anecdote i just remember after reading an article about Serena

I think it was the last year when Alberto Martin was facing an italian guy ( fognini i think ) in Madrid Master Series.

Alberto did a great comeback from 5-1 to 5-6. In the position change, fognini threw his racket against the floor, and he was so unlucky than he almost hitted Alberto, so this guy got disqualified.

But Alberto went to talk with the ref cause he knew that this guy didnt want to hit him, so the ref let him retake the match.

Alberto lost that game, 7-6 in the tie-break, but im sure that 99.9% of players would have never ever tried to convince a ref to change his unfair decisition for his rival, like he did.

Chapeau Monsieur Martin

damn almost forget the final because of turkey-serbia game. it's nice to see 1-1 so far
    FENERBAHÇE 10/11 in Turkish League

Football...........................CHAMPIONS
    Men's Basketball...............CHAMPIONS
    Women's Baskeball...........CHAMPIONS
    Men's Volleyball................CHAMPIONS
    Women's Volleyball...........CHAMPIONS

this final has more drama than I have seen in years!!and Fed lost it out there for a while.

Now to a fifth. Oh goddd can't bear to watch anymore.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast