No announcement yet.

Navarro and the Grizzlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

34 minutes, 28 points (8/9 for threes, 2/7 for two) 2 rebounds, 4 asists but Grizzlies lost it anyway..
    after OT..

Scola with his NBA career high 20 points with almost perfecting shooting, hitting 10 of 11 from the floor..
    Rockets lost it as well..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
      34 minutes, 28 points (8/9 for threes, 2/7 for two) 2 rebounds, 4 asists but Grizzlies lost it anyway..
      after OT..

Scola with his NBA career high 20 points with almost perfecting shooting, hitting 10 of 11 from the floor..
      Rockets lost it as well..
      Check out this thread about Scola. Good stuff.

Again, is anybody surprised about this? No. It's a great game and hopefully, hopefully, hopefully it will give Navarro more exposure in the eyes of the coaches. But this is exactly what we expected from him.

He also only had 1 foul. I'm not sure if that's good or bad (probably good because New Orleans' guards didn't do much last night), but it shows good control. Usually rookies and players jumping to the NBA get a ton.

New Orleans 120, Memphis 118 -- November 16, 2007, AP

....Juan Carlos Navarro, the 6-foot-3 guard from Spain, led the Grizzlies with a career-high 28 points, going 8-of-9 from 3-point range, part of Memphis' 15-of-24 shooting outside the arc. Navarro tied the rookie record for 3s set by Jason Kidd in 1995 and Chris Duhon in 2005.

"I'm happy for my game, for my feeling, but if we lose, it doesn't matter," Navarro said. "The rim was very big for me. Some days it's very big; some days it's small."

Navarro had helped the Grizzlies rally from an early 15-point deficit with his 3-point shooting display after entering the game in the first half. Memphis even led entering the fourth, but the Grizzlies began to misfire midway through the period, and the Hornets went on a 12-4 run to erase a five-point deficit, its largest of the night.

....Navarro connected on his first seven shots from the field, the first five from 3-point range to kick-start the Memphis offense and erase the Hornets' early 15-point lead.
      JCN lost his chin on the way to the basket
      Look at the fans in the back
      Lay-up around Chris Paul
      Lay-up around Chris Paul II
      Beautiful shooting form
      Warming up

According to the Yahoo! box-score, there are to Navarros playing for the Memphis Grizzlies. It's been that way all year. Weird. The other one must be from Bolivia. He's the one from Bolivia.
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

The Argentine NT met last night in San Antonio.

SCOLA!!! 20 points (10-11), 4 rebounds against the San Antonio Spurs

I'm not surprised. Nobody is, but this could mean that Scola will be more involved in the team. I hope!

San Antonio 90, Houston 84 -- November 16, 2007, AP, by Elizabeth White

Luis Scola, whose rights were traded from the Spurs to the Rockets over the summer, had a breakout game, scoring 20 points.

"He's a hell of a player, but we already knew that. That's nothing new," Popovich said. "It kills me to have him on that team. Just enough to make you spit."

Scola said the July trade wasn't a sore spot for him.

"I just try to play hard every game and sometimes I play good, sometimes I play bad. Today I hit those shots," Scola said. "It has nothing to do with ... the Spurs."

The Rockets (6-4) managed to tie the game at 80 with 3:48 to play on Scola's jump shot...

Scola also was perfect in the half, making all six shots for 12 points. He had been averaging 3.9 points before Friday's game and finished 10-of-11 from the field.

The Spurs pulled away early in the third. But Houston battled back with two baskets from Scola....
        Brothers
        Already charging to offense
        Easy lay-up

Ginobili: 19 points, 9 rebounds, 7 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block in 28 minutes
        Oberto: 0 points, 4 rebounds
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Beautiful pics. Thanks a lot.

Well everything has already been said. Is a great performance of the best sg of Europe. He has equalized he record of 3pointers made on a NBA game by a rookie that had both Duhon and Jason Kidd. As u said i hope that Iavaroni now realizes that he's much better than Jacobsen or Cardinal for example.

Navarro has never done many faults and although european system and NBA one are very different, i wouldnt be really worried for that.
          I KISS BASKET

Comment

Awesome. Let's hope this gets JCN's confidence (and his teammates' confidence in him) going. It's too bad the Grizz lost.

Stuart
            http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
            http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
            http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Navarro posting 14 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists on a tough loss to Dallas.

Nice to see Scola and Navarro blossoming lately. I'm kind of stunned about Garbajosa and Hermann though, both had good 06/07 seasons and have been sitting on the bench mostly since the new season started.
              Seems to me that some coaches are making the sames mistakes over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by robbe
                And he made his first game as a starter. He's getting the hang of it.
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Sorry for the post on the first page about Argentinos. I should have put it in the Argentine forum. Sorry .
                  Originally posted by robbe
                  This is just what everyone expected. He's a real player, this Navarro.
                  Sliding around Jason Terry for a bucket
                  Dirk backing down Navarro
                  Break-dance moves! Cool!
                  Good looking form (has anybody else noticed that in his fotos, he always cocks his right foot in a little?)
                  He does make some ugly faces, doesn't he?

Comment

For me this should be the starting 5 right now of Grizz : Kinsey, Navarro, Miller, Gay and Gasol.

All of them have earned the right to be there. Particullarly Navarro's case is special, he's spent only 9 games in NBA and he's already shown what he's capable to and have impressed management and fans. Hope that he will keep "the rim very big".

Hahaha the photo of the breakdance and the last one are really funny
                    I KISS BASKET

Comment

Originally posted by Neozyrus
                      For me this should be the starting 5 right now of Grizz : Kinsey, Navarro, Miller, Gay and Gasol.

All of them have earned the right to be there. Particullarly Navarro's case is special, he's spent only 9 games in NBA and he's already shown what he's capable to and have impressed management and fans. Hope that he will keep "the rim very big".
                      But Navarro is starting right now, isn't he? I think Navarro is starting and Mike Miller is the back-up.

Comment

Yeah that was the strating 5 of the last game (with Stoudamire instead of Kinsey)

If i criticize Iavaroni when i think he doing something wrong, its fair to say that right now i think hes making big progresses with the rotation of his team.

And i think he preffers to keep in the court Miller playing in sf postion (in fact that is his favourite position) cause i think he believes that Gay can play as pf (his athletics skills let him to), and this way, Gay could control a little more his 3pointers and improve a little his fg%. Anyway this is only my opinion.
                        I KISS BASKET

Comment

Memphis creamed Seattle last night, 125-108. That's a lot of offense. Stromile Swift played well, scoring 24 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. I like it when he plays well, because he's been kicked around so much in the media. Gasol had a great game: 14 points, 7 blocks, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists (he's been studying Andrei Kirilenko). Navarro played well in only 20 minutes: 8 points (4-5).

Enjoying the NBA life

Comment

Navarro did a really good 2nd and 3rd quarter (in the first he didnt play). He gave in some moment another rithm to the team, showed how smart he is with the ball in his hands by directing the team many times. Summarizing, a really good game by both.
                            I KISS BASKET

Comment

In the last game against the raptors, Gasol did a really good game. He did 16 points (5/11 2p, 6/8 1p), 10 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks.

navarro played very little time cause apparently Jacobsen and Kinsey played quite well in the minutes that they were on the court. Navarro played well too, directing the team and trying some shots, but today the shots didnt come in, so he almost didnt play in the 2nd half. He made 2 points (1/2 2p, 0/3 3p) and 1 assist (to Gasol) in 9 min.
                              Last edited by Neozyrus; 11-23-2007, 06:22 PM.
                              I KISS BASKET

Comment

Second time for Navarro as a starter this season in the loss of Memphis against the current champions. He did a really job in offense and in the direction of the team, but had a really hard time in defense, over all against Ginobilli, that right now is in a incredible shape.
                                He did 16 points (6/8 2p, 1/4 3p, 1/1 1p), 4 rebound and 4 assists.

Gasol didnt make a good game but he wasnt bad either. He was very vell defended, many times with 2 or 3 guys on him. In defense he also had a really hard time as he really couldnt stop Duncan.
                                He ended the game with 12 points (6/14 2p) 6 rebounds, 2 assists and 1 steal.
                                I KISS BASKET

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information