Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beno Udrih a Free Man

Yeeey!

Kings sending guard Bibby to Hawks for four players

ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 16, 2008, 5:13 PM ET

Mike Bibby propelled the Sacramento Kings on one of the longest playoff runs in their history with several clutch shots. Now he'll be taking his clutch ability East to help the playoff-hopeful Atlanta Hawks.

The Kings have agreed to send Bibby to Atlanta for guards Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue, center Lorenzen Wright and forward/center Shelden Williams. Williams was the Hawks' first-round choice in the 2007 NBA draft.

According to The Sacramento Bee, the Kings will also receive the Hawks' second-round pick in the upcoming NBA draft.

Hawks owner Michael Gearon Jr. said he expected the deal to be completed Saturday.

When contacted Saturday morning by The Sacramento Bee, Bibby said he wasn't surprised he was being traded, but was surprised he was headed to Atlanta.

"I had some good times here in Sacramento," Bibby told the newspaper. "Sometimes you need a change and you never know where that might take you. I just prayed and asked for what might be the best for my family and this is what happened, so you can't question it.

"I'll always have love for the people in Sacramento, the Maloofs and [President] Geoff [Petrie]."

All of the players the Kings are acquiring but Williams has an expiring contract, which should help Sacramento in its efforts to clear salary cap space to become a player in the free-agency market this summer. The Kings have lost three straight and have not been above .500 all season. They're 13 games back in the Pacific Division and are 11th in the West.

The Hawks will be adding a point guard they hope can stabilize a team that's lost four straight and has fallen to 21-28 after getting off to a 14-12 start and showing playoff promise. Atlanta is in 9th place in the Eastern Conference and 9½ games back in the Southeast Division. The Hawks haven't made the playoffs since the 1998-99 season.

Bibby played an integral role in the Kings' playoff teams of the early 2000s and hit several clutch shots in Sacramento's run to the West Finals in 2002. He is the last remaining piece of the Kings' teams that challenged for the championship in the early part of the decade but never made the NBA Finals.

In a twist of irony, the Hawks will make their only trip to Sacramento on Feb. 20 and Bibby will likely be Atlanta's starting point guard for that game.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    That's some good news for our Beno Udrih!

Anthony Johnson is a veteran and shouldn't be more than a backup, the only one who worries me is Tyronn Lue... he is quite solid PG, but in my opinion Udrih is better because he is more complete player. In my opinion Sacramento did quite a good trade.

Well as always, it depends a lot on the coach, in Atlanta Johnson played more than Lue for example, but imo Udih is much better than both of them, so in normal conditions, this should be great transfer for him cause his competence now is lower.
    I KISS BASKET

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    Yeeey!

That's some good news for our Beno Udrih!

Anthony Johnson is a veteran and shouldn't be more than a backup, the only one who worries me is Tyronn Lue... he is quite solid PG, but in my opinion Udrih is better because he is more complete player. In my opinion Sacramento did quite a good trade.
    Beno Udrih. Is this guy going to play for NT? I realy would like to see him in international level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

There is no way that Tyronne Lue will play before Udrih. Lue is OK. He's really not a bad player, but I don't think he's got the athleticism nor the leadership to run Sacramento's offense.

If you're worried about Udrih's future in Sacramento, just remember: Bibby was not necessary because they've got Udrih.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

First game after Bibby is gone, Udrih played 39 minutes, 9 points, 6 assists. His team won.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA.com
    Update: Udrih will be Sacramento's starting point guard for the remainder of the season, the Sacramento Bee reports. On Saturday, the Kings traded Mike Bibby to Atlanta for four players, including point guards Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue.
    Analysis: Kings coach Reggie Theus announced Udrih's appointment at Monday night's practice, and the coach added that he's not sure if Lue or Johnson will play much. Sacramento has 31 games left on the schedule, so it's imperative for Udrih to impress, not only Sacramento team officials, but the rest of the NBA talent evaluators. The 25-year-old point guard will be a free agent at the end of the 2007-08 season, making him available on the open market. If Udrih is a fantasy free agent, acquire him right away. He's a player who can make a significant difference in a stretch run.

Second game after Bibby is gone, Sacramento won Bibby's Atlanta and Beno with amazing performance in 36 minutes, 18 points, 10 assists, 3rbs and 0 TO.

And thats how its done. I hope he has more games like this, with a lot of asists and no TO, just to show people he can do it

Beno again led his Sacramento in the win over Charlotte. He played 40 minutes, added 17 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 block and 4 TO.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Good for Beno. He's a fantastic player. He's going to get a huge paycheck this summer.
    Last edited by mvblair; 02-24-2008 at 03:49 AM.
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

I hope he'll continue playing on such a level after this huge paycheck.

Im really glad for this guy, he's showing everybody waht can he really do, its a prove that there are quality players out there that just need confidence and minutes. We all knew that he was one of these players before this, but now he's showing it to everybody in the NBA.
    Hope that he will get one of these paychecks reserved normally to these overpaid players on the NBA.
    I KISS BASKET

Jeeeez, Udrih was terrible last night... his team lost to Orlando, and he also sucked with 2 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists with 4 TO and 1-6 FGMA in 36 minutes.

It seems that when Udrih plays bad the Kings usually lose, tho it could only be coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha12
    It seems that when Udrih plays bad the Kings usually lose, tho it could only be coincidence.
    I don't think it's a coincidence. Besides Martin, Udrih is their best offensive weapon. He is the one that runs the offense. I think that's pretty obvious for the Kings, so opposing teams only need to stop him and the Kings offense stops.

Udrih had a great performance for Sacramento, but they still lost vs Atlanta after a close game. He had 25 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds in 38 minutes.

Nice bounce back from Beno, i wish this forum had a clapping smilie

Udrih's Sacramento lost to Dallas, but Beno had great game stats wise - 40 minutes, 25 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists.

What if he could keep this up for the rest of the season one can only dream:

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    Udrih's Sacramento lost to Dallas, but Beno had great game stats wise - 40 minutes, 25 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists.
    The Kings have a problem. Their best players are Kevin Martin, Beno Udrih, and Ron Artest. Udrih and Martin are both wonderful scorers and good offensive players. Martin really knows how to get to the foul line, which is great. Unfortunately, if Udrih or Martin lose their man on defense, nobody on the team can help them. Brad Miller isn't the player he was five years ago and Mikki Moore is a poor help defender (great rebounder, though). Ron Artest is often in his own little world, so he doesn't play much help defense even when his one-on-one D is great. It's a shame, but all teams need to do to beat Sacramento is get past the three-point line and into the paint. If Sacramento can draft a good big man this summer (and keep Udrih), they'll be in great shape.

Working against Terry
    Lay-up over Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward
    Beno Udrih. Is this guy going to play for NT? I realy would like to see him in international level.
    Udrih said for daily sports newspaper "Ekipa" that he will be available for NT in the summer. I can't wait to see Lakovič - Udrih duo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast