No announcement yet.

Beno Udrih a Free Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beno Udrih led Sacramento in a victory over Houston Rockets, in 34 minutes he had 15 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal and 2TO, and that with a shooting 6-7 from the game. In my opinion Sacramento lacks of decent PF to achieve something more.

I'm more and more surprised with Beno. GO BENO!
    Last edited by elaj; 12-02-2007, 11:07 AM.

Comment

The problem that he has had is the problem that almost every single european has in NBA,the lack of confidence of their coaches.
      Because although in many cases they have an undoubtly higher bball technique (over all in team-oriented playing skills) and a even higher bball iq, they dont give them the minutes to show it. But when some of them got the minutes they truly deserve, as is happening now with Udrih or Calderon.. well, their numbers speak by themselves.
      I KISS BASKET

Comment

24 points (11-23), 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 steals in a loss to the Denver Nuggets. Looks like our man is still playing well!
        "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

23 attempts... what the hell?!

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
            23 attempts... what the hell?!
            Elaj, my friend, this is the NBA. What are you so surprised about?
            Kings Notes: Udrih was on Nuggets' radar for some time -- December 9, 2007, by Ailene Voisin, Sacramento Bee

Coach George Karl says Denver inquired over the past two seasons.

Nuggets coach George Karl said before Saturday night's game that Denver officials inquired about Beno Udrih several times during the past two seasons, most recently just before the Kings signed the fourth-year point guard Nov. 1.

According to Karl, a decision was made last year to sign Steve Blake instead of trading for Udrih, then with the San Antonio Spurs. Overtures were made again several weeks ago because of veteran Chucky Atkins' strained groin.

"For two years, we've almost pulled the trigger," Karl said. "Add in circumstances, situations, lack of playing time, falling out of love a little bit. But I think there's a lot of people who think that he was a good NBA point guard, and that he just lost his direction in San Antonio. He's happy he's taken advantage of the opportunity (in Sacramento). We went the conservative route rather than take on a guaranteed contract."

"I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Another huge game: 24 pts (6/7 3pt) as the Kings beat the Bucks.
              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
              Artificial Nature

Comment

Mike Dunleavy wanted Udrih too:
                Dunleavy Fires Back - January 23, 2008, by TJ Simmers, Los Angeles Times

....Dunleavy also wanted to sign former San Antonio free-agent guard Beno Udrih, but the Clippers' bean counter, Andy Roeser, decided Udrih wasn't worth the money it would take to sign him....

....As for Udrih, Baylor said, "It didn't make a difference to me" whether the Clippers signed him....
                The Knicks pay good money to bad players. The Clippers pay no money to good players. Coaches should have more control over player personel decisions, because for this Baylor chump to say "it didn't make a difference to me" about Udrih is just pathetic. If Sacramento could improve with Udrih, LA sure as heck could.

As for Udrih, he continues to play well after Bibby's return from injury. He was 5-5 in a victory last night, scoring 14 points. His game log shows a drop in minutes and assists since Kidd's return, but continued offensive production, including a 20 point (7-9) game in a win against Indiana.

I think Sacramento is showcasing Bibby so that they can try to trade him before the end of February.

Comment

With decissions like that, is undestandable why Clippes are where they are, i'm not saying that Udrih would solution all his problems, but if this is an example of his decission when they have to decide wherther signing a player or no...

Im glad to see that he still is playing really well despite Bibby is back. If Bibby finally leaves (i read that he would be really close on Cleveland?), it would be great that he could stay till the end of the sason playing many minutes as a starter and showing everybody what he's really capable of.
                  I KISS BASKET

Comment

Originally posted by Neozyrus
                    With decissions like that, is undestandable why Clippes are where they are, i'm not saying that Udrih would solution all his problems, but if this is an example of his decission when they have to decide wherther signing a player or no...
                    No, Udrih would not save the Clippers, but he is much better than Sam Cassell and Shawn Livingston. Udrih is being paid about a million dollars by Sacramento this season and then he becomes a free agent. Why couldn't the Clippers give him that kind of money, like Dunleavy wanted?

...because the Clippers, like the Knicks, are run by egomanaical fools.
                    Im glad to see that he still is playing really well despite Bibby is back. If Bibby finally leaves (i read that he would be really close on Cleveland?), it would be great that he could stay till the end of the sason playing many minutes as a starter and showing everybody what he's really capable of.
                    Yes, there have been rumors about Bibby coming to Cleveland for weeks. Last year, it was going to happen too. And Bibby will do better in Cleveland than in Sacramento. Cleveland is a pretty slow team with Gooden and Ilguaskas. Bibby can't run with the players in Sacramento. Udrih can.

Comment

In last 8 games Beno Udrih is averaging just 18mpg.

Freaking Bibby.

Comment

Yeeey!

Kings sending guard Bibby to Hawks for four players

ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 16, 2008, 5:13 PM ET

Mike Bibby propelled the Sacramento Kings on one of the longest playoff runs in their history with several clutch shots. Now he'll be taking his clutch ability East to help the playoff-hopeful Atlanta Hawks.

The Kings have agreed to send Bibby to Atlanta for guards Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue, center Lorenzen Wright and forward/center Shelden Williams. Williams was the Hawks' first-round choice in the 2007 NBA draft.

According to The Sacramento Bee, the Kings will also receive the Hawks' second-round pick in the upcoming NBA draft.

Hawks owner Michael Gearon Jr. said he expected the deal to be completed Saturday.

When contacted Saturday morning by The Sacramento Bee, Bibby said he wasn't surprised he was being traded, but was surprised he was headed to Atlanta.

"I had some good times here in Sacramento," Bibby told the newspaper. "Sometimes you need a change and you never know where that might take you. I just prayed and asked for what might be the best for my family and this is what happened, so you can't question it.

"I'll always have love for the people in Sacramento, the Maloofs and [President] Geoff [Petrie]."

All of the players the Kings are acquiring but Williams has an expiring contract, which should help Sacramento in its efforts to clear salary cap space to become a player in the free-agency market this summer. The Kings have lost three straight and have not been above .500 all season. They're 13 games back in the Pacific Division and are 11th in the West.

The Hawks will be adding a point guard they hope can stabilize a team that's lost four straight and has fallen to 21-28 after getting off to a 14-12 start and showing playoff promise. Atlanta is in 9th place in the Eastern Conference and 9½ games back in the Southeast Division. The Hawks haven't made the playoffs since the 1998-99 season.

Bibby played an integral role in the Kings' playoff teams of the early 2000s and hit several clutch shots in Sacramento's run to the West Finals in 2002. He is the last remaining piece of the Kings' teams that challenged for the championship in the early part of the decade but never made the NBA Finals.

In a twist of irony, the Hawks will make their only trip to Sacramento on Feb. 20 and Bibby will likely be Atlanta's starting point guard for that game.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
                        That's some good news for our Beno Udrih!

Anthony Johnson is a veteran and shouldn't be more than a backup, the only one who worries me is Tyronn Lue... he is quite solid PG, but in my opinion Udrih is better because he is more complete player. In my opinion Sacramento did quite a good trade.

Comment

Well as always, it depends a lot on the coach, in Atlanta Johnson played more than Lue for example, but imo Udih is much better than both of them, so in normal conditions, this should be great transfer for him cause his competence now is lower.
                          I KISS BASKET

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                            Yeeey!

That's some good news for our Beno Udrih!

Anthony Johnson is a veteran and shouldn't be more than a backup, the only one who worries me is Tyronn Lue... he is quite solid PG, but in my opinion Udrih is better because he is more complete player. In my opinion Sacramento did quite a good trade.
                            Beno Udrih. Is this guy going to play for NT? I realy would like to see him in international level.
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

There is no way that Tyronne Lue will play before Udrih. Lue is OK. He's really not a bad player, but I don't think he's got the athleticism nor the leadership to run Sacramento's offense.

If you're worried about Udrih's future in Sacramento, just remember: Bibby was not necessary because they've got Udrih.

Comment

First game after Bibby is gone, Udrih played 39 minutes, 9 points, 6 assists. His team won.

Originally posted by NBA.com
                                Update: Udrih will be Sacramento's starting point guard for the remainder of the season, the Sacramento Bee reports. On Saturday, the Kings traded Mike Bibby to Atlanta for four players, including point guards Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue.
                                Analysis: Kings coach Reggie Theus announced Udrih's appointment at Monday night's practice, and the coach added that he's not sure if Lue or Johnson will play much. Sacramento has 31 games left on the schedule, so it's imperative for Udrih to impress, not only Sacramento team officials, but the rest of the NBA talent evaluators. The 25-year-old point guard will be a free agent at the end of the 2007-08 season, making him available on the open market. If Udrih is a fantasy free agent, acquire him right away. He's a player who can make a significant difference in a stretch run.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information