Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The busts of Lithuania

I think it's save to say Tomas Dimša is one of the biggest busts recently. He barely can play in LKL.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I think it's save to say Tomas Dimša is one of the biggest busts recently. He barely can play in LKL.
    Probably. Not very right time to say it exactly after he has scored 20 pts in the close game against Zalgiris though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Probably. Not very right time to say it exactly after he has scored 20 pts in the close game against Zalgiris though.
    Well, I chucked him up after that and his averages are really low. I mean come one, he was on the same tier with Grigonis at Youth level. The latter would average 18pts, 6assits, 6rebounds for the club as Juventus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Now the question is - is it too soon or not to call Velicka a bust? He's only 19yo yet, but in three years he hasn't improved his shot, actually he may even become a worse finisher, at least his numbers are horrid in Estonian league. He didn't make it in Spain, now Zalgiris keeps him in touch just in case...The fact is he's a horrid three point shooter. At the moment he shoots 25% from three and 32% from the field and 70% from FT. I was hoping his shooting will improve, but it hasn't in three years. One could say he still has plenty of time to improve it, but the time is running and while some guys prevailing (Jokubaitis), some are chucking in Estonian league.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And then 18 pts in the won game against Neptunas.

As for Velicka, he won't be a bust for me, because somehow i didn't think he would be good in a senior level because he reminded me Cizauskas. However, overall he can be a bust as was quite fairly considered a good prospect - pg skills and leadership abilities allowed that.

I'm a little bit more sad because of Sedekerskis and Varnas. They both were top3 Lithuanian talents in a long run and are more close to be the busts more than anything else.

I'm a little bit more sad because of Sedekerskis and Varnas. They both were top3 Lithuanian talents in a long run and are more close to be the busts more than anything else.
    Varnas is done as some serious prospect. While Sedekerskis I believe will still find his way to be a good payer. I think it's about time to expect him to come back. Will be interesting to see if he will be able to crack Baskonia's rotation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12