The busts of Lithuania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Well it's good that moderator is back, because it was a rough period on this forum
    Yeah, I missed you too But don't celebrate too early, I might be gone for another longterm period, just had free time now and came by to see how IBN is doin' Btw, strange to read that it was rough, usualy it was before big tournament coming, now nothing goin' on basically, but, well, we have some interesting "spieces" here with dozen accounts Anyway, let's get back to the topic

Yeah, Pazdrazdis kinda was a poor mans Marciulionis at some point, or maybe even not so poor. Here's Garastas words on him (excuse me, interbasket, in Lith language):

„Pazdrazdis prieš olimpines žaidynes Ispanijoje buvo vadinamas antruoju Šarūnu Marčiulioniu. Galingas, veržlus, šoklus, turintis taiklią ranką. Tačiau kai Pazdrazdis po olimpiados išvyko į Ameriką, jo žaidimas smarkiai suprastėjo. 1993 metais grįžęs į rinktinės treniruotės stovyklą krepšininkas buvo neatpažįstamas. JAV jis pateko į silpną McNeese'o universiteto komandą ir netobulėjo. Turbūt dėl to, kad atvyko prastai fiziškai pasirengęs. Pazdrazdžiui Lietuvoje trūko kelio raiščiai. Žodžiu, Amerika jį sužlugdė“, – nukirto buvęs Lietuvos nacionalinės komandos treneris V.Garastas.

Skaitykite daugiau: https://sportas.lrytas.lt/krepsinis/...tm_medium=Copy

"
    Garastas pretty much sums up the picture I remember, even tho I saw not much of him, but it looked like he had everything to have a decent career, who knows maybe even close to Marciulionis' one. Overall, back in the days goin' to USA was like lottery, none really knew where they are heading, what to expect. Pretty much like cat in the bag. So some survived, some were killed.

Another prospect I remembered now was Vytautas Danelius, who was leader in our youth teams, did really good in Wake Forest, the same place where Songaila was playin'. It looked like Danelius will go throught the same path like him, but if I recall correctly, also injury while playin' in NCAA blew his chances away

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      Yeah, I missed you too But don't celebrate too early, I might be gone for another longterm period, just had free time now and came by to see how IBN is doin' Btw, strange to read that it was rough, usualy it was before big tournament coming, now nothing goin' on basically, but, well, we have some interesting "spieces" here with dozen accounts Anyway, let's get back to the topic
      Well, do your best to stick around, this place can remain refreshing shelter for reasonable Lith BB lovers only if they appear from time to time
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Well, do your best to stick around, this place can remain refreshing shelter for reasonable Lith BB lovers only if they appear from time to time
        What did i miss ? Was a kaka guy here again ? I guess i will find out soon .
        And, Mindozas ,make SF a mod ,ffs. Or Hepcat . Not me though . As long as they clean the trash and spam this part of the forum can survive .
        Edit - dreamcather and shawhank would get my vote too . NOt madmax. sorry buddy . You , like me , would be n o good at this .
        And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
          What did i miss ? Was a kaka guy here again ? I guess i will find out soon .
          And, Mindozas ,make SF a mod ,ffs. Or Hepcat . Not me though . As long as they clean the trash and spam this part of the forum can survive .
          Edit - dreamcather and shawhank would get my vote too . NOt madmax. sorry buddy . You , like me , would be n o good at this .
          I don't own the forum, I can't make a mod whoever I like, moreover I wasn't here for a year or so, i don't have a clue what was happening, who's still active who isn't. Contact Stewart if he is still around or atleast Levenspiel, JPF and make a suggestion. As long as I've been here, tried to keep this place clean, but believe me it's not that easy, A LOT OF things goes unseen for regular users and at times lot of job is needed to be done, especially with spammers, when you have to delete some hundreds threads a day... It's just a note for a guys who'll commit for it, I believe SF could be good choice too, but it's not a place to discuss it. Contact admins

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            I don't own the forum, I can't make a mod whoever I like, moreover I wasn't here for a year or so, i don't have a clue what was happening, who's still active who isn't. Contact Stewart if he is still around or atleast Levenspiel, JPF and make a suggestion. As long as I've been here, tried to keep this place clean, but believe me it's not that easy, A LOT OF things goes unseen for regular users and at times lot of job is needed to be done, especially with spammers, when you have to delete some hundreds threads a day... It's just a note for a guys who'll commit for it, I believe SF could be good choice too, but it's not a place to discuss it. Contact admins
            What ?
            A year with no show ?
            Fuck me, never noticed that , honestly .Time flies . Good luck on your andventures buddy , we had good times here .
            How about, before you go , you let them guys know who is who here and let them mod people know that before this forum is dead .
            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

I think it's save to say Tomas Dimša is one of the biggest busts recently. He barely can play in LKL.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I think it's save to say Tomas Dimša is one of the biggest busts recently. He barely can play in LKL.
                Probably. Not very right time to say it exactly after he has scored 20 pts in the close game against Zalgiris though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                  Probably. Not very right time to say it exactly after he has scored 20 pts in the close game against Zalgiris though.
                  Well, I chucked him up after that and his averages are really low. I mean come one, he was on the same tier with Grigonis at Youth level. The latter would average 18pts, 6assits, 6rebounds for the club as Juventus.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Now the question is - is it too soon or not to call Velicka a bust? He's only 19yo yet, but in three years he hasn't improved his shot, actually he may even become a worse finisher, at least his numbers are horrid in Estonian league. He didn't make it in Spain, now Zalgiris keeps him in touch just in case...The fact is he's a horrid three point shooter. At the moment he shoots 25% from three and 32% from the field and 70% from FT. I was hoping his shooting will improve, but it hasn't in three years. One could say he still has plenty of time to improve it, but the time is running and while some guys prevailing (Jokubaitis), some are chucking in Estonian league.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

And then 18 pts in the won game against Neptunas.

As for Velicka, he won't be a bust for me, because somehow i didn't think he would be good in a senior level because he reminded me Cizauskas. However, overall he can be a bust as was quite fairly considered a good prospect - pg skills and leadership abilities allowed that.

I'm a little bit more sad because of Sedekerskis and Varnas. They both were top3 Lithuanian talents in a long run and are more close to be the busts more than anything else.

Comment

I'm a little bit more sad because of Sedekerskis and Varnas. They both were top3 Lithuanian talents in a long run and are more close to be the busts more than anything else.
                        Varnas is done as some serious prospect. While Sedekerskis I believe will still find his way to be a good payer. I think it's about time to expect him to come back. Will be interesting to see if he will be able to crack Baskonia's rotation.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information