This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALS:
    Helios Domžale - Union Olimpija 93:88 (1:1)
    Troha 27pts+4rbs+3ast, Ingram 16pts+8rbs, Močnik 11pts+7ast; Hukić 23pts+5rbs, Zupan 18pts+5rbs, Milič 13pts+5rbs+2ast, Booker 12pts+6rbs

Haha, and we have a tie. Great atmosphere in HKC Domžale. Helios played great due to great atmosphere in the arena, Troha was just amazing - even Močnik scored two triples (in two att ). They played great last two minutes, scored some crazy shots and that was it. They deserved the victory, but in my opinion this will be their last one in this series.

Comment

Mirza Begić got a ban for 3 games due to ejection on the last game.

I didn't see the incident clearly because I was quite far away from the place which happened. I just saw Begić was saying something to the reff.

Apparently, after Begić got an unsportive foul (well it was a fair call), Begić went to the reff and spit infront of him and said some things to him, ofcourse the reff ejected him from the game.

Then Begić didn't have enough, he said to delegat of the game: "I'm only sorry that I didn't spit into his face."

I mean what a retard.

Comment

FINALS:
        Union Olimpija : Helios Domžale 99:81 (2:1)
        Booker 12pts, Taylor 18pts, Zupan 13pts; Troha 15pts, Laškevič 11pts, Janža 11pts

Everything went as expected, Olimpija started strong and Helios was never even close to the level Olimpija was playing. Then it all started... I was there and I saw this.

Bailey, Booker and Taylor got all ejected from the game!!! Taylor did a foul on him so Troha fall down on the court, then Taylor came near him and Troha started provokating and kicked him while being on floor, then Taylor kicked him back and both started fighting... then Bailey and Booker came and started kicking Troha... anyway I'll post the clip later on.

Olimpija will play on game 4 without Bailey, Booker, Taylor and Begić. Hukič also got injured during the game and is questionable... I mean what the hell, Olimpija will play without half of the team...

The clip of the fight... on the right...

Last edited by elaj; 06-04-2008, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Maurice Bailey, Chris Booker, Ronnie Taylor and Robert Troha all got suspended for a game. There were also money panalties.

Funny, Begić spit infront of the reff, got 3 games suspension while these guys who started a fight got one game suspension, laughable.

Comment

Begić spited without any good reason while we all know why americans started to fight...

Comment

i guess they were trying to go easy on Olimpija since with Hukić injured, Begić and 3 US players suspended through the series, nevermind Helios missing Troha might as well seal the championship. And they already were hard on Olimpija with these decisions.

I really wonder what did Troha say to Taylor since you don't just turn that agressive button in a matter of 2-3 seconds out of nowhere (well, very few people do), going with a full power with the sole intention to beat the hell out of the guy...

beating in these series has gone out of proportions anyway, the referees can't handle all that constant contact going on...
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

FINALS
                Helios Domžale - Union Olimpija 60:84 (1:3)
                Janža 22pts, Laškevič 12pts; Dragič 20pts+3ast+3rbs, Milič 20pts+9rbs, Dončič 17pts+8rbs+6stl, Rizvič 18pts+6rbs

As expected Olimpija won the championship with only only one fluke. I was there as always, game was onesided, quite interesting to watch, the atmosphere was also as expected on great level (crowded) and the championship victory couldn't be more deserved.

Congrats!

Comment

This was a good season for Olimpija, if we compare it to the last 2 once. Especially the season last year was very bad for a EL team and the absolutely best team in the country.

To win the slovenian CC and Cup is a normal thing.

So Olimpija is more focused on NLB and EL. And these competitions decide if we can speak about a good or not so good season for Olimpija.

This year Olimpija did a good job in NLB, with reaching the F4. But against this strong Partizan this year, not more was possible. Otherwise they could have won the league in front of the own fans. But i must also say that Olimpija could have played better in the NLB league and especially on the road.

But Olimpija again failed to reach the Top16. But the groupe was very hard. But still Olimpija was terrible in most of the road games and with such games on the road you can´t expect to reach the Top16.

So all in all a good season but not the best one.

Comment

This was a good season for Olimpija, if we compare it to the last 2 once. Especially the season last year was very bad for a EL team and the absolutely best team in the country.

To win the slovenian CC and Cup is a normal thing.
                    sadly that's true... this is the reason I miss Krka (and old Laško) that much, in the period from 99' to 03' NC finals were actually interesting and you couldn't tell for sure who'll be the winner before the series, even if Olimpija was on average by far better team back than as it is now, Krka and Laško were constantly in UlebCup top16 achieving some good results there...

Helios and Slovan have a chance to gather a good team once a while, with decent management and better coaching than they've had especially this season, Laško also always builds a team to compete for NLB, but nothing more... so unless we once again get that old Krka with 1.5-2 M € budget, 3000 fans on their home games, than I am afraid our basketball will stay as limited as it was in the past 4-5 years.

Overall there are some debates about the quality of the 1.SKL this year. Some people say it was a bit stronger than last year, some claim it was just more equal. Depends on the individual judgement I guess, I certanly can't make a judgement since I was only at 2 SKL games this season in one of them also dealing with everything but basketball
                    Some teams gained some more financial stability this year, definately a good thing. Gorica is coming in next season which might mean 1st league will get one more "serious" team.

Ideal would be if Helios and Krka play bth NLB and 1st SKL and our bball federation finaly sets up some standards for the competition, such as infrastructure, clean finances, team's basic management and such while maybee limiting the first league to 10 teams as the final number. There are probably too many different lobbies for that, but in the future a league with Helios, Krka, Slovan, Laško, Koper, Gorica, TCG Mercator and 3 more teams potentialy on a simmilar level is a whole different thing that the league we're witnessing since the 91'... it would be far more marketable, interesting to watch and much more competitive... no need to say our whole basketball would gain enormously from that. 10th - 14th placed clubs are more or less on the midlle of 1.B level anyway.
                    for the time being, probably just a dream...
                    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Congrats to Olimpija!
                      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

Slovan signed Ernest Novak and Miloš Savković.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

Rudar signed Nate Bowie and Durrell Nevels.
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Siniša Bilić joined Elektra.
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Krka Novo Mesto signed Serbians Miloš Marković and Uroš Nikolić.
                              Šentjur adds Teo Simović.
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

Primož Kobale to Polzela.
                                Uroš Lučić to Krka Novo Mesto.
                                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information