• Time
  • Show
Clear All

last round tipping off at 20.00 CET today

Krka - Laško

Geoplin Slovan - Koper

Union Olimpija - Helios

Elektra - TCG Mercator

Olimpija is set at 1st place, no matter the outcome vs. Helios, Helios is set at no.2, while there will be a nervous fight for no.3 which is also mostlikely to determine the next participant of the adriatic league. Slovan can't play in AL next season as they've ended up last this season, while Krka and Laško both have ambitions to return there. If Koper beats Slovan Krka has to win by 11 or more to qualify, while if Slovan beats Koper as expected whichever team will win gets their promotion.
    Leon Štukelj hall in Novo Mesto should be packed again after their dissastrous euroleague season, considering the support that Krka enjoys in south-eastern Slovenia of course I wish they'd finaly get the place in adriatic league, as they deserve.

the "league for promotion" ended up, with Nova Gorica finally succeding with promotion after their 3rd or even 4th consecutive attempt. Parklji Bežigrad were just a bit short, but I think they should succed the next season. Considering all the talent wider Ljubljana's area is producing in youth cathegories, it would probably be a good thing to have them there.
    Also Postojna returned to 1.A after one season in 2nd division, as the regularseason champ.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

What do you guys think about all this buzz (especially from Laško fans) about setting games in favor of Krka? Bullshit if you ask me, what's your opinion?

Comment

I think Elaj probably knows more background on this one, but considering all those "friendly relationships" within people working in slovenian basketball such accusations don't surprise me at all to say the least, more of - expected.
        Referees surely aren't reliable in 1.A league neither and this way if someone wants to see himself this way, he can easily feel robbed.
        Didn't watch that particular game, eventhough footage is probably on slobasket.tv, but I wouldn't be too surprised if someone from KZS is annoyed by Laško trying to play a major role in our basketball, coming from a 5000 - population village with basicaly little, to no attendance.

Krka got their way through. All I can say to that is: finally!
        I missed those Krka - Olimpija games as at this particular moment this is the only derby in our basketball... I hope they'll make a competitive team next year. Their fans surely deserve it.
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by zwbgr
          What do you guys think about all this buzz (especially from Laško fans) about setting games in favor of Krka? Bullshit if you ask me, what's your opinion?
          Laško has fans? Since when?

Don't bother about those... Pure bullshit if you ask me, those who watched the games saw that everything was quite correct.

I'm very happy that Krka is back in Adriatic League, as I heard Krka pharmaceutistic company already promised them quite bigger budget for the next season. We'll see what kind of team will they be able to put togather.

SEMI-FINALS:

Union Olimpija - Zlatorog Laško
          Helios Domžale - Krka

I expect Helios in the finals. In my opinion Krka will win second game at their place, while Helios shouldn't have much trouble with them on their court. Olimpija will win two games in a row and will await Helios in the finals.
          Last edited by elaj; 05-18-2008, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
            I'm very happy that Krka is back in Adriatic League, as I heard Krka pharmaceutistic company already promised them quite bigger budget for the next season. We'll see what kind of team will they be able to put togather.
            It was said at TV Slovenia sport news that Krka's GM claim's that the club already got some guarantees about increased budgets for the next season, but haven't heard quite bigger (any more detailed info maybee)? that would definately be nice... for Krka (the company) most of those ammounts we're thinking of should be just as a spit in the sea.
            Anyway even if they don't get back on the old track immediately, it's just nice to have them back for the sake of our basketball.

Comment

SEMI-FINALS:
              Union Olimpija - Zlatorog Laško 82:76 (1:0)
              Milič 21pts+14rbs, Taylor 16pts+3rbs, Rizvić 11pts+5rbs; Mason 17pts, Harris 16pts, Strnad 14pts+5ast, Nuhanović 14pts

Helios Domžale - Krka 94:76 (1:0)
              Troha 23pts, Zagorc 14pts, Mance 10pts, Žerak 11pts; Marcelić 27pts, Balažič 11pts

I have to say the atmopshere at Helios - Krka game was great, fans of Krka reallly know how to support the team. Olimpija as always in this season had quite hard job vs. Laško, while Helios struggeled with Krka only in first half because Marcelić was on fire (he had 21pts untill end of half). After that they controlled the tempo and won it easily.
              Last edited by elaj; 05-18-2008, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Krka have to bring some goog players for NLB next year if they want to stay there. Only TJ and Balažič (maybe Rakočevič) could be starters. I don't count Marcelič, he's too old.

Comment

SEMI-FINALS:
                  Union Olimpija - Zlatorog Laško 82:76 (1:0)
                  Milič 21pts+14rbs, Taylor 16pts+3rbs, Rizvić 11pts+5rbs; Mason 17pts, Harris 16pts, Strnad 14pts+5ast, Nuhanović 14pts

Helios Domžale - Krka 94:76 (1:0)
                  Troha 23pts, Zagorc 14pts, Mance 10pts, Žerak 11pts; Marcelić 27pts, Balažič 11pts

I have to say the atmopshere at Helios - Krka game was great, fans of Krka reallly know how to support the team. Olimpija as always in this season had quite hard job vs. Laško, while Helios struggeled with Krka only in first half because Marcelić was on fire (he had 21pts untill end of half). After that they controlled the tempo and won it easily.
                  SEMI-FINALS:
                  Krka - Helios Domžale 77:75 (1:1)
                  Sorrentine 16pts+3ast, Rakočević 19pts+6rbs, Marcelić 16pts+11rbs, Balažič 14pts+4ast; Troha 16pts+7rbs+4ast, Ingram 15pts+6rbs, Zagorc 10pts+4ast

Great, we will see another game in Domžale.

Comment

SEMI-FINALS:
                    Zlatorog Laško - Union Olimpija 81:87 (0:2)
                    Strnad 11pts, Smajlovič 14pts+11rbs, Harris 17pts+12rbs, Mason 25pts+5rbs+6ast; Milič 23pts+8rbs, Hukić 16pts+5rbs, Bailey 11pts+4ast

Olimpija as expected qualified for the finals. Last semi-finals game between Krka and Helios Domžale will be played on Sunday. I expect Helios to win it.

Comment

Helios are the clear favorites for it... although a lot of interesting outcomes happened in the past in games such as these. Krka has nothing to lose and with a good start they could make Helios very nervous, while Martič isn't really doing up to expectations and I remember quite some games when they've lost the already won games in the last quarter or so.
                      Can't hide the fact I'd wish Krka to surprise this time, I know ...if that would result in Helios replacing Martič for the next season and eupforia in lower-Carniola helping the team with some aditional money for the next season, that'd be the ideal outcome for me.

Comment

Sorry for offtopic, but nice name for Dolenjska
                        Gorenjska is Upper-Carniola then? Prekmurje Overmura land? And Štajerska Staiermark? What about Primorska and Koroška?

Comment

Originally posted by zwbgr
                          Sorry for offtopic, but nice name for Dolenjska
                          Gorenjska is Upper-Carniola then? Prekmurje Overmura land? And Štajerska Staiermark? What about Primorska and Koroška?
                          never heard of a "over-mura-moving-cake"?

I've met some canadian tourists 2-3 weeks ago and in their tourist guides it was actually written "upper" and "lower" carniola.... yeah it's a bit weird, but I guess I already picked it up and will take time to drop it out of my head...

Comment

SEMI-FINALS:
                            Krka - Helios Domžale 77:75 (1:1)
                            Sorrentine 16pts+3ast, Rakočević 19pts+6rbs, Marcelić 16pts+11rbs, Balažič 14pts+4ast; Troha 16pts+7rbs+4ast, Ingram 15pts+6rbs, Zagorc 10pts+4ast

Great, we will see another game in Domžale.
                            SEMI-FINALS:
                            Helios Domžale - Krka 80:71 (2:1)
                            Troha 24pts+1rbs+2ast, Mance 14pts+4rbs, Zagorc 10pts+4rbs+3ast; Marcelić 29pts+2rbs, Krivec 12pts+2rbs+2ast

Old Marcelić is just not good enough by his own to beat Helios... they gave it a try, but Helios won it as expected. In my opinion the biggest disappointment of the semifinals was TJ Sorrentine.

Now... finals... it's pay back time.

FINALS:
                            Union Olimpija - Helios Domžale (28th May, 20:00)

Helios Domžale - Union Olimpija (31th May, 18:00)

Union Olimpija - Helios Domžale (4th June 2008, 20:00)

Possible 4th and 5th game will be played on 7th June (20:35) and 12th June (20:00)

To be honest, I expect 3:0 for Olimpija...all games of finals will be broadcasted by TV SLO2.
                            Last edited by elaj; 05-25-2008, 07:00 PM.

Comment

FINALS:
                              Union Olimpija - Helios Domžale 87:64 (1:0)
                              Milič 18pts+6rbs, Taylor 13pts+5rbs+4ast, Hukić 10pts, Dragič 10pts+6rbs+3ast; Janža 8pts, Ingram 8pts.

What a terrible second half to watch... Olimpija had +28 lead already in the middle of second quarter, at the half it was +20. I hope Helios will bounce back, but as expected Olimpija opened the series strong.

Comment

Improvement under Džikić was really visible in the first 15 minutes... than later Olimpija didn't try half as much, while Helios tried harder in defense.
                                In the first 15 minutes Olimpija played exactly the way the team was built for- defense and fast breaks and when those things were going for them this season practicaly any team was beatable.

terrible game to watch though... falling asleep was a considerable option.
                                The good news is that Martič should be gone if things will continue like this. And with as quality players next season Helios should most definately play way better than they did in adriatic league...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information