This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slovenian 1.A SKL

UPC Telemach company prolongued their sponsorship and signed a new 2 year deal for 110.000 € with the slo bball assoc.... no something significant, but it could be worse.
    Considering it's a cable company they could try to get some league games on the TV for example, nevermind it's not some extremely quality competition we're talking about, sportklub might be interested in broadcasting the first stages. Afterall they could get their rights for free so they wouldn't have to show all those replays they are right now.

Just as last seasons Olimpija will join at later stages due to already playing 2 games a week, but at least Helios and Slovan will participate in it, this way increasing the quality level and also have some competitive games for bruising their youth. I like this system.

expectations of coaches&GM's

Should be the most interesting season after quite some time. Of course I'd be more than happy to see Krka back on track and hope to see as many youngsters making progress as possible... Murič, Markič, Tratnik, Župevec, Krivec, Jakhel just to name a few, hopefully Jašič and Tomič will get loaned somewhere in 1.A as well
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

first upset on the way...

Koper - Slovan 73-62
    Čmer 26 +9as +7TO, Janjušević 19 +8reb, Pašalić 12 +11reb; Modrič 16 +13reb, Klobučar 12 +5reb +5as

Koper's president Vlado Nachbar was unsatisfied with Poček coaching, decided for montenegrian Milović which succesfully led Krka last season, after 2 losses (one was close one 69-72 with Laško) 2 wins following.
    First time serbian center Janjušević even got a chance and i can't help wondering what on earth is going on with Slovan's centers that before that game played 8 minutes alltogether.

Krka - Helios 69-71
    Balažič 14 +8reb, Sorrentine 10, Rakočević 10; Ingram 21 +10reb, Krušič 12 +9reb, Krejič 10

obviously both participants of adriatic league lost some of the last years level and it'll be interesting to see which among Krka/Laško/Koper/Slovan will get the 3rd spot (if there actually will be one for the adriatic league next year... my preferences would be Krka, for the sake of the old times...
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Again an upset happened...

Zlatorog Laško - Krka 82:93

I hope Slovenia keeps those 3 places and Krka gets back to Adriatic League.

Comment

Krka - Slovan 76-71
        Sorrentine 18 +7reb, Rakočević 16 +7reb, Balažič 13 +9reb; Clemons 23, Jovanović 16, Klobučar 11

looks like Krka is on a good track for the third spot, unless Laško messes their plans. But there should be some interesting playoffs when Krka fans would fill their homecourt arena. There have been 3 clubs from larger Ljubljana area for 3 consecutive years, a refreshment definately wouldn't hurt.

1. Helios Domžale 6-1
        2. Krka 6-1
        3. Zlatorog Laško 5-1
        4. Geoplin Slovan 4-3
        5. TCG Mercator 3-3
        6. Elektra Esotech 3-3
        7. Luka Koper 3-3
        8. Hopsi Polzela 3-3
        9. Alpos Šentjur 2-4
        10. K. zidar Jadran 2-4
        11. Rogla Zreče 1-5
        12. Zagorje KD FT 0-7

Comment

if someone has an explanation on Slovan... I don't, after upseting Cibona, they've actually managed to lose to Alpos

Alpos - Slovan 83-80
          Dragšič 22 +6as, Nedeljkovič 13 +7reb; Clemons 18, Johnson 14

that's already 4th loss for Slovan in 8 games, while losses like vs. Laško or Krka (that obviously aren't that bad this year) happen, the likes with Alpos and Koper shouldn't. Anyway in 1.A that just makes a bit more fun seeing the top widening, but it's not exactly the best indication on where they might end up in adriatic league.

Helios - Laško 95-93 after double OT
          Troha 20 +5as, Močnik 18 +10as, Ingram 17 +13reb +7blocks; Harris 20, Mali 18 +11reb, Strnad 16

nice to see Močnik is getting back in shape and after his great game vs. Zvezda I hope that's an indication he might be getting there where everybody expected him to after his performances in junior NT's.

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan
            if someone has an explanation on Slovan... I don't, after upseting Cibona, they've actually managed to lose to Alpos
            Probably Slovan weren't motivated enough to play, while Alpos was really fired up due the tragic accident of their physical coach... may he rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
              Probably Slovan weren't motivated enough to play, while Alpos was really fired up due the tragic accident of their physical coach... may he rest in peace.
              I missed that news somehow... r.i.p.

Stipe Modrič will be away for a while due to a broken bone in his wrist.

Smiljan Pavič is reportedly near being released by AEK. the wondering on where might he go can start now, Helios or Slovan could use him, no matter some guys they have on C.

Comment

the first stage ended.

1. Helios Domžale 20-2
                2. Krka Novo Mesto 17-5
                3. Zlatorog Laško 17-5
                4. Geoplin Slovan 16-6
                5. Luka Koper 13-9
                6. Elektra Esotech 12-10
                7. TCG Mercator 9-13
                8. Hopsi Polzela 7-15
                9. Alpos Šentjur 7-15
                10. K. zidar Jadran 6-16
                11. Zagorje KD FT 6-16
                12. Rogla Zreče 4-18

TCG Loka was the last one that qualified for the 2nd stage, from the 8th place down teams will play in a relegation league. Standings are without many upsets wealthiest teams are on top, only expected a bit more from Slovan, but watching them play, I can't say I am surprised.
                From the teams in relegation battle I don't have any sentiments for any of them, apart from Hopsi that had some decent results in the past and might have a small fan base I couldn't care less which team goes down - and I doubt anyone really does. Postojna, Parklji Bežigrad (Ljubljana) and Nova Gorica are fighting for promotion in 1.B and I prefer any of these 3 compared to Rogla...

Comment

1st round
                  Krka - TCG Loka 97-60

Krivec got 12 points, 11 assists and 5 rebounds, Krka also got another reinforcement for the paint from serbian league Dalibor Đapa.

Slovan - Laško 99-86

Elektra - Olimpija 56-78
                  not much work for Džikić, he rotated all 11 players equaly

Comment

I'll be surprised if this championship will be anything more than just walk in the park for Olimpija...

Comment

Originally posted by elaj
                      I'll be surprised if this championship will be anything more than just walk in the park for Olimpija...
                      me too... it would be different if Helios had Bečirović as their HC for example, it probably wouldn't be just a walk in the park, but at least it would be more interesting.
                      Right now only thing I can cheer for is Krka getting that 3rd place (or 4th if Slovan ends in front of them) to come back to adriatic league and see how things would turn around than...

Comment

Coach Ales Pipan is supposedly on a verge of returning to Lasko for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Proph·et
                          Coach Ales Pipan is supposedly on a verge of returning to Lasko for next season.
                          Well with all this exodus of our slovenian coaches going abroad, I think he should be welcome back. It's just somehow strange he'd get back coaching in slovenian league only, I doubt Laško would make it to adriatic league this year.

Comment

4th round

Olimpija - Laško 85-80
                            Bailey 26, Zupan 13 +8reb; Mason 15 +9reb, Mašić 15

surprising result, I know the motivation isn't questionable there, but Helios reportedly crushed Laško by 20 with ease 2 rounds ago and I was just about to write them off.

Krka - Slovan 88-74
                            Marcelić 29, Sorrentine 16 +8as, Krivec 13; Petrov 16, Klobučar 15

me like. Krka now already has 2 victories advantage in front of Zlatorog-Laško and are closer to semifinals.

Elektra - Helios 75-94
                            Vrečko 17, Kunc 16; Ingram 16, Mance 12, Troha 12

TCG Loka - Koper 78-88
                            Julevič 17 +9reb; Pašalič 23 +12 reb, Čmer 18 +6as

standings:
                            1. Helios Domžale 4-0 73
                            2. Krka 3-1 42
                            3. Geoplin Slovan 3-1 19
                            4. Union Olimpija 3-0 43
                            5. Zlatorog Laško 1-3 -31
                            6. Luka Koper 1-2 -5
                            7. Elektra Esotech 0-4 -58
                            8. TCG Mercator 0-4 -83

Comment

the relegation group is decided by now.
                              Polzela, Alpos and Zagorje are staying in, Rogla will get relegated to 1.B, Postojna taking their place returning after one year, while Jadran Sežana will battle with Parklji Bežigrad and Nova Gorica for 1.A.

Krka - Koper 75-77

Slovan - Helios 94-91

Elektra - Laško 76-84

Olimpija - Koper 95-85

Outcome of the first two games were rather surprising, Krka shouldn't afford loses like that since Laško improved their chances of ending up 4th (and consequently in adriatic league next year) by a lot after this round.
                              Sarajlija debuted for Olimpija with one 3pointer.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information