Fadi El Khatib updates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fadi El Khatib updates!

From the first game with Cherkazki Mavpi,Fadi el khatib was just amazing.
    Fadi el khatib has played his first game in the Ukranian Cup against Odissa club,Cherkazki wins by 25 pts and El khatib scored 37 pts and 12 rebs.

*This thread will be for all khatib's updates and news this year in Ukrain.

Fadi El khatib
    1997-1998: Sagesse Beirut (1T)
    1998-1999: Sagesse Beirut (1T): 13.2ppg, 2.7rpg, 1.5apg
    1998-1999: Sagesse Beirut (1T)
    1999-2000: Sagesse Beirut (1T): 18.1ppg, 6rpg
    2000 -re-signed with Sagesse for 7 years
    2000-2001: Sagesse Beirut (1T): Score-4(22.8), 6rpg, 3.7apg
    2001-2002: Sagesse Beirut (1T): Score -1 (27.6) 7 rpg, 3.8apg
    2002: invited by some NBA teams to their mini-camps
    2002-2003: Sagesse Beirut (1T): Score-1 (31.13) 7.2rpg, 4apg, 3pt % 48.74(#1 in league), fg % 56.52 (#2 in league)
    2003: some try-outs with Sacramento Kings (NBA), negotiated also with Los Angeles Clippers (USA-NBA)
    2003-2004: Sagesse Beirut (Div.A): Score-1(30.6ppg), 5.1rpg, 4.3apg, 1.5spg
    2004-2005: Al Ittihad - Aleppo (SYR-D1): 37ppg, 8 rpg, 7apg
    2005-2006: Sagesse - Al Hekmeh Beirut (Div.A,1T): 27ppg, 6rpg, 2spg, 3.7apg, FG: 50%
    2006: Pre World Championships with Lebanon National Team: Best scorer in Slovenia tournament with performances Such as 32 pts, 9 rbds, 4ass against Venezuela, 27 pts 9 rebs against Canada
    2006-2007: Blue Stars (Div.A,1T) 18 games: 29.6ppg, 8.2rpg, 5.0apg, 1.3spg, 0.2bpg, FGP: 52.7%, 3PT: 46.9%, FT: 77.9%
    2007-2008: SK Cherkassy Monkeys (UKR-Superleague,1T), signed with Sporting Al Riyadi Beirut (Div.A,1T) for 4 years, but could not get a release from SK Cherkassy Monkeys (UKR-Superleague,1T), released in Jan.'08
    Last edited by daniab; 04-09-2008, 06:32 AM.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Cherkazki Mavpi vs Odissa 103-77.

El khatib in 28 mins : 37 pts and 12 rebs.

Khatib will play his first game in the ukranian league this saturday.
    Proud to be Lebanese
    www.arabasket.com

Comment

that's good news daniab! from where do u get them??
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGm8yh7amQI

Comment

Originally posted by marc333
        that's good news daniab! from where do u get them??
        From Albalad and Al-akhbar newspapers.
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Fadi el khatib plays in Cherkazki Mavpi together with the center of Israeli NT Amit Tamir. I wish good luck for both guys!
          Attached Files
          MACCABI TEL AVIV
          Belgrade 1977 Strasbourg 1981 Paris 2001 Tel Aviv 2004 Moscow 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Arik
            Fadi el khatib plays in Cherkazki Mavpi together with the center of Israeli NT Amit Tamir. I wish good luck for both guys!
            Good luck for them!
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

Wow!... Good news! ... keep updating guys!

sigpic

Comment

OK, somebody please tell me why he signed with this team. With all due respect to the team, he probably could have gone to a better team. Why not?

--Matt
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                  OK, somebody please tell me why he signed with this team. With all due respect to the team, he probably could have gone to a better team. Why not?

--Matt
                  Money.. the really big money..

With current oil and gas prices, there're many unknown for us businessmen from Russia or Ukraine who can give "an offer that's hard to refuse".
                  MACCABI TEL AVIV

Comment

Lebanese forward Fadi Al Khatib has proved his worth to his new team Cherkassy Monkeys (UKR-Superleague).

Fadi set off his European career the best way possible.

In Odessa, the home team was neck and neck with Cherkassy, before he decided to take over.

Al Khatib went on a 16-point scoring spree in the fourth quarter to seal the win for the visiting Monkeys by 21.

Fadi ended his debut game in Ukraine with 37 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 steals.

Al Khatib╝s Ukrainian challenge will continue with the first game of the championship on Saturday, October 6, 2007.
                    Proud to be Lebanese
                    www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by Arik
                      With current oil and gas prices, there're many unknown for us businessmen from Russia or Ukraine who can give "an offer that's hard to refuse".
                      For how long is the contract? I'm just disappointed he hasn't gotten with a more "public" team...
                      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

For how long is the contract? I'm just disappointed he hasn't gotten with a more "public" team...
                        4 years
                        Proud to be Lebanese
                        www.arabasket.com

Comment

Well I'm sure that if he has a good season the sharks will want him. Even though he is in a second level team, all in all it's good that he finally is playing in Europe.
                          Superb start for him, could not be any better
                          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Wow, an all-around great game for Khatib. I would have guessed he would have done well, but not this well. Let's hope he can maintain it and catch on later. He isn't getting any younger.

Stuart
                            http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
                            http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
                            http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by daniab
                              4 years
                              I agree he's very good player that can play in Euroleague team, but on the other hand good news for the basketball of Ukraine (and world's basketball also ) that players on the level of Fadi el Khatib play in their league. We saw at Euroleague and last EC what big money investments made for Russian basketball.
                              MACCABI TEL AVIV

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information