No announcement yet.

Lietkabelis Panevėžys thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lietkabelis was off to a good start in the first quarter against Rytas, but they couldn't survive the second half, ending up with a fifth straight loss. Lietkabelis is now 10-6.

2017 12 23
    Lietkabelis 69
    Rytas 75

Lietkabelis had two players scoring in double figures: Ksistof Lavrinovic with 17 points and Adas Juskevicius with 14 points.
    Proud to be a BC Vilniaus Rytas fan, a part of the LKL fan community, and a fan for the Lithuanian National Men's Basketball Team

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

Firing a Latvian coach who did quite good not having anyone to replace him was an idioticn decision. Lietkabelis looks a way worse now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
        Firing a Latvian coach who did quite good not having anyone to replace him was an idioticn decision. Lietkabelis looks a way worse now.
        How come Lietkabelis decided to fire Stombergs in the first place when he was a good coach? Why did they decide to hire a former head coach of Ukraine, Vitaly Cherniy?

It was Stombergs' first season coaching Lietkabelis when that happened.
        Last edited by Kapustelis; 12-23-2017, 06:35 PM.
        Proud to be a BC Vilniaus Rytas fan, a part of the LKL fan community, and a fan for the Lithuanian National Men's Basketball Team

#KartuMesRYTAS

Comment

Originally posted by Kapustelis View Post
          How come Lietkabelis decided to fire Stombergs in the first place when he was a good coach? Why did they decide to hire a former head coach of Ukraine, Vitaly Cherniy?

It was Stombergs' first season coaching Lietkabelis when that happened.
          I don't know why they fired him. Cherniy was an assistant coach of the former one.

Comment

So Lietkabelis failed to pull off an upset against Žalgiris in the Karaliaus Mindaugo tournament today and went down 88-74.

I can't shake the impression that Lietkabelis threw in the towel on the season when Galatasaray was allowed to buy out Adas Juškevičius' contract in mid-January.

Comment

What on earth? Basket.news is reporting that Lukas Lekavičius has scored four points for Lietkabelis in the first half of today's game against Žalgiris. Is that an error?

Are teams allowed to sign up a brand new player for the playoffs in the LKL?

Comment

So it seems it was an error. More fake news.

It's bad enough when these news outlets don't know what they're talking about, but it's worse yet when they don't even know whom they're talking about....

Last edited by Hepcat; 05-29-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                  So it seems it was an error. More fake news.

It's bad enough when these news outlets don't know what they're talking about, but it's worse yet when they don't even know whom they're talking about....

Those are not really fake news , are they ? I think Pana was playing at the same time as well , and maybe some intern got confused and all that jazz .
                  Apart from the owner ,I do not think they have that many employees , if any.

I would suggest you use official LKL website for live video and stats , they are really top notch and up to speed.
                  And most LKL games are available for a replay in full after a while in LKL YouTube channel .
                  Oficialus Lietuvos krepšinio lygos TV kanalas. Official Lithuanian Basketball League Channel.
                  And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

So will Vaidas Kariniauskas' arrival improve Lietkabelis as a team?

And is a return to the LKL what Kariniauskas himself needs to develop as a PG and elevate his game to a higher level?

Comment

So will Vaidas Kariniauskas' arrival improve Lietkabelis as a team?

And is a return to the LKL what Kariniauskas himself needs to develop as a PG and elevate his game to a higher level?

God knows, it's all on him. I'm not a fan of him. Basically Vainauskas made a lot of moves, but it's too soon to judge the luck. In last game Neptunas trashed them...pretty tough start of Vainauskas era. Basically he does everything right, tries to grab young Liths, some quality foreigners, but I doubt he's a good GM generally. I mean he was about to brought Babrauskas to the NT, he goes crazy from time to time...
                      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                      Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

And here today Kariniauskas and fellow youngsters Paulius Valinskas and Donatas Tarolis led Lietkabelis to a 94-83 victory over Rytas.

Who knows? Vainauskas moves may already be starting to pay off.

Comment

So I see there's some betting scandal involving Lietkabelis' PG Vaidas Kariniauskas. What precisely is he accused of doing?

Comment

So I see there's some betting scandal involving Lietkabelis' PG Vaidas Kariniauskas. What precisely is he accused of doing?

He asked his girlfriend/friends to bet on him not to score given total of points

Comment

Almost unbelievable! If true, would that not finish his career? And I thought he still had some potential to make the national team in the next few years.

Comment

Almost unbelievable! If true, would that not finish his career? And I thought he still had some potential to make the national team in the next few years.

He is under investigation now, police is involved, so not sure how it all will end. Might be banned from basketball activities too. Regarding NT, I think his potential is gone, never lived up even to those tiny expectations some had on him

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information