No announcement yet.

Lietkabelis Panevėžys thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Coach Kazlauskas clearly had high hopes/expectations for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
      Well Coach Kazlauskas clearly had high hopes/expectations for him.

I wouldn't say so. Kariniauskas never was seen as big prospect in Lithuania. He was another shot to find a back-up PG after Vasiliauskas failed in 2014, Lekavicius failed in 2015/16 season. Kariniauskas had some ok games in preparations, so he received a reserve player spot, for the sake of future mostly. But Ulanovas got injured at the end and Kariniauskas took his place. As always there were people who were very dissatisfied with such decision, but it's usual thing in Lithuania - one of the most discussed thing is who will take 12-13th player spot and will warm the bench

Comment

So since my mother was born in Panevėžys, I guess that makes Lietkabelis my home team.

They already won the Silver in the Karaliaus Mindaugo Cup. Be nice if they could now challenge a tired looking Žalgiris team for the LKL championship.

Comment

So fresh look at new Zalgiris and Dovydas Giedraitis in Lietkabelis jerseys was too deadly combination not to buy an insider for me.

A glance at a gem.

Seems to be a bit off his best shape yet physically. He's coming back after serious injury and athletically I think he was more ready for 2020/2021 ACB season. Nevertheless, he provides impressive defence as a 20-21yo. I have a hard time to name the analog from Lithuanians. He's not very agile, he's not athletic, but he simply has terrific positioning and great timing and sneaky sturdiness. Canak threw him on athletic Mudiay and Giedraitis did a good work on him generally. It's even strange how this guy can live against such players, but he does. His man to man defence can be already demonstrated for kids as chrestomathical.

Offensively he seems extremely pro team. He never overdo individually, he even tends to be a little bit to selfless, involving others rather than scoring himself. He is a perfect system guy, knows how to move the ball, but it's his problem at the same time. He needs to take the ball and go to the rack. He is strangely good going to the cup. Again, he's not fast, he's not athletic, but damn smooth and has great timing of hesitation. I'm not sure if his offense can work against elite defence, but the talent is there inevitably. If only he had a bit more of athleticism, I would treat him as elite guard prospect (like Jokubaitis is), but I'm still treat D. Giedraitis as the guy who can become long term 2 ways guard for the NT.

He's just too smart, intelligent and talented not to be ready for Eurocup already. Will go up and down offensively, but should provide some big games inevitably.
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Watched all 3 games of Lietkabelis in Vilnius tournament. Giedraitis was consistent. One of the best players in the team. The opponents level wasn't super high, but he can play. A lot will depend how much he can still get stronger. If he won't be too fragile and will get stronger, he can be Euroleague guard, IMO.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
              Watched all 3 games of Lietkabelis in Vilnius tournament. Giedraitis was consistent. One of the best players in the team. The opponents level wasn't super high, but he can play. A lot will depend how much he can still get stronger. If he won't be too fragile and will get stronger, he can be Euroleague guard, IMO.
              Looks very promising. Even though he had serious shoulder injury looks very consistent. His shot form is money. Atm hes a bit looking to pass to much, hope he improves as the season goes on. I got to agree, looks like a EL guard to me.

Comment

Rubstabvicius and Murauskas IN makes Lietkabelis watchable again in 22/23. Nice to see that.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Worst case scenario: Morris and Peno will be doing "best" Vinales and Radicevic impressions

Looks like Murauskas will be used as pure SF
                  The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                    Looks like Murauskas will be used as pure SF
                    He wouldn't survive defensively. Maldunas will play the 5, Murauskas 4, IMO. Canak better do it this way, cause we need PF studs for NT as soon as possible too.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

He wouldn't survive defensively. Maldunas will play the 5, Murauskas 4, IMO. Canak better do it this way, cause we need PF studs for NT as soon as possible too.
                      C Gagic or Gustys, C/PF Goloman and Maldunas, PF Sakic and maybe Vasiliauskas

Comment

C Gagic or Gustys, C/PF Goloman and Maldunas, PF Sakic and maybe Vasiliauskas
                        I see it more like:

C: Gagic, Goloman
                        C/PF: Maldunas
                        PF: Sakic, Murauskas

It's on Murauskas to steal Maldunas' minutes.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I see it more like:

C: Gagic, Goloman
                          C/PF: Maldunas
                          PF: Sakic, Murauskas

It's on Murauskas to steal Maldunas' minutes.

Good luck

Comment

Good luck
                            What that suppose to mean?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

What that suppose to mean?
                              1 or 2 lucky injuries and stud gets 20 minutes at PF

Comment

I got to tell Liekabelis is pretty horrible team this season. The problem is that all players that should be the key for them are not good decision makers. Kulamae sort of is decent, but very inconsistent with the ball. Morris is also quite wild and inconsistent. Lipkevicius is a nut case. He can do good, but in other possession to look like he's playing bb for the first time. Wild decision maker. Current Orelikas is chucker par exellence. He shot the ball horribly in Turkey and shoots crappy now, it was obvious from last night game, shots are not even close. Peno is trash. They don't have decision makers. Rubstavicius too raw to play much with the ball and lacking strength yet. He'll be a good decision maker and capable passer, but still needs time. Murauskas often looks like wet and seems underused. Horrible job this season of Purlys generally. One can credit only Kulamae, Murauskas, Rubstavicius. With vets the job was really bad.

I kinda hope both Murauskas and Rubstavicius will stay for another season and will start to pack big numbers. Those 2 unleashed at Eurocup level seems to be good option. It's better to play tons in Eurocup, than to see only few minutes in EL with Zalgiris.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information