Mindaugas Kuzminskas 1,01
    Lukas Lekavičius 1,02
    Marius Grigonis 1,02
    Edgaras Ulanovas 1,02
    Renaldas Seibutis 1,1
    Jonas Mačiulis 1,15
    Rokas Giedraitis 1,23
    Paulius Jankūnas 1,6

mystery how come Giedraitis chances better than Jankunas.Maybe they dont believe he can stay healthy
    It's just an opinion from one bookmaker guy, don't take it for granted

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      I guess, you don't have an idea of LKL level, of Eurocup level....
      Actually I do have an "idea". Rytas was a way above average LKL team this past year and only a very slightly above average Eurocup team. Rytas may of course have done better at year's end in both the Eurocup and LKL playoffs had their starting PG not gone down with an injury.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
      Stop with this stats stuff, enough of it already, it's been discussed dozen of times.
      Stats are valuable insofar as they're an objective measure. They're only good for comparing like with like though. But that's the only way I use them. And in this instance I only used Butkevičius' LKL stats to assess his LKL play this past year - which is right and proper.

I'm not saying that Bendzius would solve it tho. But he might have advantage in coaches plans just cause he is better shooter. And what he has to do with Sabonis, Jankunas? Nothing.
      Well given that they all played largely in the PF position this past season, it's fair to compare these players one to another.

I wouldn't pick any of them to my team
      So then you'd just go with eleven players?

But incidentally, I thought you were a "Moderator" here? Why then are you deliberating going out of your way to provoke another member (me in this case) with immoderate comments in response to a rather mild-mannered post of mine in which I put down no one? I'm now rather irked to put it mildly.
      Last edited by Hepcat; 07-24-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        Actually I do have an "idea". Rytas was a way above average LKL team this past year and only a very slightly above average Eurocup team. Rytas may of course have done better at year's end in both the Eurocup and LKL playoffs had their starting PG not gone down with an injury.
        Stats are valuable insofar as they're an objective measure. They're only good for comparing like with like though. But that's the only way I use them. And in this instance I only used Butkevičius' LKL stats to assess his LKL play this past year - which is right and proper.
        Stats are valuable only as a filler for full picture, they can only help a bit, but you can't rate players on stats only. You do that and that's wrong. There are lot of other components you simply don't put into consideration this way, like competition level, team level, role of the player and etc.

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
        Well given that they all played largely in the PF position this past season, it's fair to compare these players one to another.
        Again you are talking what it's like in theory, like never watched them playing. If even players plays in the same position at some point, doesn't mean they has the same characteristics. Sabas and Jankunas aren't floor stretching players, they are more PF/C. Bendzius is PF/SF, who's main weapon at PF is exactly shooting

So then you'd just go with eleven players?
        Do we have just 13 players in preliminary list?

But incidentally, I thought you were a "Moderator" here? Why then are you deliberating going out of your way to provoke another member (me in this case) with immoderate comments in response to a rather mild-mannered post of mine in which I put down no one? I'm now rather irked to put it mildly.
        That's very cheap shot from you. I'm discussing here as regular user, not as moderator and nobody was provoking you. Or I should say you're provoking me too with your reply? This is discussion forum, so prepare to face different opinion or I should add smileys after each sentence? C'mon

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
          Stats are valuable only as a filler for full picture, they can only help a bit, but you can't rate players on stats only. You do that and that's wrong. There are lot of other components you simply don't put into consideration this way, like competition level, team level, role of the player and etc.
          Quite simply I do not take only stats into consideration. I posted these very words a few posts ago:

The only reason I mentioned Arnas Butkevičius' name a few months ago is that I noticed he was registering not only pretty good but rather unusual numbers for a SF. If however in a few weeks time Adomaitis decides that Adas Juškevičius and/or Martinas Geben are a better fit for the team than Butkevičius, I won't protest. I'll just shrug.

That after all is the purpose of training camp. We'll all have a better idea of which players are best at executing whatever system and game plans Adomaitis has devised in a few short weeks.
          Arnas Butkevičius was better than decent on the LKL level this past year; he was excellent. And he would add a needed element of hustle and athleticism on defence to the team. The problem I see though is his presence would necessitate going into the tournament without a dedicated backup center, i.e. Martinas Geben, and a combo guard, i.e. Adas Juškevičius or Žygimantas Janavičius, who could in an emergency play some PG. So I just don't know.

But with Domantas Sabonis, Paulius Jankūnas and Mindaugas Kuzminskas available for the team, I don't see that Eimantas Bendžius is needed.
          Didn't my words indicate that I understood that different players bring different skill sets to the team and that Coach Adomaitis was going to have to decide which skill set can help the team the most?

Again you are talking what it's like in theory, like never watched them playing. If even players plays in the same position at some point, doesn't mean they has the same characteristics. Sabas and Jankunas aren't floor stretching players, they are more PF/C. Bendzius is PF/SF, who's main weapon at PF is exactly shooting.
          Okay. Fair enough, although Mindaugas Kuzminskas is I believe a SF/PF type of player.

Do we have just 13 players in preliminary list?
          But you didn't mention then which player you'd suggest as the twelfth man on the squad instead of either Bendžius or Butkevičius!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
            Quite simply I do not take only stats into consideration. I posted these very words a few posts ago:

Didn't my words indicate that I understood that different players bring different skill sets to the team and that Coach Adomaitis was going to have to decide which skill set can help the team the most?
            Yeah, you wrote that you will judge by camps, that's how it should work of course, but for now as I understood and you wrote it some time ago, you are judging how good player is only by stats, cause you don't (can't) watch the games. Not a big deal, but don't take it personally when we are trying to correct you at some points

Okay. Fair enough, although Mindaugas Kuzminskas is I believe a SF/PF type of player.
            He is, I wrote about it in my first reply

But you didn't mention then which player you'd suggest as the twelfth man on the squad instead of either Bendžius or Butkevičius!

I didn't, there was no need to, but if you are interested, now I would take Juskevicius

Comment

• I actually wish an NBA-size roster of fifteen players with thirteen dressing for any game was allowed by FIBA. The only two players I'd be leaving off the roster then would be Gytis Masiulis and Martynas Echodas.

Comment

• I still can't understand why JV was never able to get ripped. Kleiza was able to do that, Domas Sabonis was able to do that. I would say Gudaitis is also pretty much ripped. JV still dunking with the belly. Can't get away from fast food addiction? He would make his life easier getting ripped in contemporary NBA and would dominate much more in FIBA as well.

LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Good old buddy Nik Stauskas is heading to Europe. I had a point with him fighting for the spot in contemporary Lith NT (if had a chance). He wouldn't have a shit on Grigonis and Seibutis (par axellence system players with all the intangibles of our culture) and might be fighting for the third string SG spot with Giedraitis, Juskevicius. The talk that he would come and would lead us is pure rubbish. Dude is streaky chucker with a pretty much crappy defence without any knowledge of FIBA ball. He would need few years to become above average EL club material, if ever.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    Good old buddy Nik Stauskas is heading to Europe. I had a point with him fighting for the spot in contemporary Lith NT (if had a chance). He wouldn't have a shit on Grigonis and Seibutis (par axellence system players with all the intangibles of our culture) and might be fighting for the third string SG spot with Giedraitis, Juskevicius. The talk that he would come and would lead us is pure rubbish. Dude is streaky chucker with a pretty much crappy defence without any knowledge of FIBA ball. He would need few years to become above average EL club material, if ever.
                    Who cares, he is Canadian and never considered to play for LT NT

Comment

I still can't understand why JV was never able to get ripped. Kleiza was able to do that, Domas Sabonis was able to do that. I would say Gudaitis is also pretty much ripped. JV still dunking with the belly. Can't get away from fast food addiction? He would make his life easier getting ripped in contemporary NBA and would dominate much more in FIBA as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6sJ--l6BwE
                      he was pretty much ripped when he came into 2013 NT camp - even Javtokas looked small next to him then It didn't really do much for his game though, as being ripped and being naturally strong are two completely different things. He was always very strong naturally and he doesn't need to spend 24 hours in a gym every day to bulk up and slow down once again. Also, serbian Jokic is playing with a beer gut and still dominating the NBA - that probably should tell you that talent and skill trumps muscles every day of the week

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                        he was pretty much ripped when he came into 2013 NT camp - even Javtokas looked small next to him then It didn't really do much for his game though, as being ripped and being naturally strong are two completely different things. He was always very strong naturally and he doesn't need to spend 24 hours in a gym every day to bulk up and slow down once again. Also, serbian Jokic is playing with a beer gut and still dominating the NBA - that probably should tell you that talent and skill trumps muscles every day of the week
                        You don't know what it means ripped, check it. You missed it entirely. And in 2013 JV came overbulked and a fatass, fatbelly. It was horrible off season work. Now he's in much better shape, but still with belly. JV would be more agile and more mobile if he would be ripped, he would play better D and would have better stamina.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

You don't know what it means ripped, check it. You missed it entirely. And in 2013 JV came overbulked and a fatass, fatbelly. It was horrible off season work. Now he's in much better shape, but still with belly. JV would be more agile and more mobile if he would be ripped, he would play better D and would have better stamina.
                          no, I think I pretty much get what "ripped" means...

The thing about it is that different players have different body types and their work out regimes are quite different too. Some are lean, athletic and springy types and they base their games and work out regimes according to their strenghts and weaknesses. The others, like JV, are strong bruisers and they base their game on physical contact and strength conditioning. I'm pretty sure JV and his coaches know what works best for him currently

Comment

no, I think I pretty much get what "ripped" means...

The thing about it is that different players have different body types and their work out regimes are quite different too. Some are lean, athletic and springy types and they base their games and work out regimes according to their strenghts and weaknesses. The others, like JV, are strong bruisers and they base their game on physical contact and strength conditioning. I'm pretty sure JV and his coaches know what works best for him currently
                            Nonsense. If you call the picture below as "ripped" you have no idea about it. That's JV in 2013 off season.

And, no, being a chubby fat ass is no good for any-one. Jokic is fast food junky, as well as Embid. Both would be even better if not. JV also loves McDonalds and other stuff as we know it. O'neal could dominate the game at MVP level for decades, but got fat and became a mess.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Not everyone can look like Mr Universe from a front page just so you know...
                              And being much bigger certainly helped JV's game in that EB, as he was our best player and our NT reached the final of that tournament. Embiid is the most dominant and talented big at the moment in the world and his issues stem from a fact that his body doesn't hold up very well to the NBA grit and grind, not because he's a fast food junkie fatass. I agree about the Jokic and his utter lack of discipline though

Comment

And being much bigger certainly helped JV's game in that EB, as he was our best player and our NT reached the final of that tournament.
                                He pretty much sucked that year and didn't make much impact in important games.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information