2019 World Cup Qualifying Odyssey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
    I'm quite sure we won't make it out of the group, unless Australia and/or Canada will come with weakened squads. We'll qualify to OQT as wide pool of teams will do this and Adomaitis will be kept. That's a prediction, not a wish. Adomaitis is average coach, but tbh in this situation, I kinda doubt that any coach would get us out of this group, the opposition is simply too good. Talent-wise both CAN and AUS are podium threat, we are not. If Canada can somehow lack team chemistry, then Australia looks scary good. In Olympics they were simply awesome and had only one bad game vs Serbia, which cost them medals. They simply blew us away in quarterfinals. If we might brag about being strong unit as a team, then Australia can too. Now they might be even better. They has it all - physical, has good scorers/leaders, versatile squad, can defend well. I see small chances against them. Only hope is Canada, they still lack coach the last time I've checked, but they has core of European based players, some guys who has experience and did well on international scene like Olynyk, C.Joseph, if they'll add some team oriented guys from NBA, which won't spoil the team spirit, will grab good coach asap (saw even Messina as candidate), then they are clear favorites against us. That's reality. Result wise it'd be failure, looking at overall picture, but looking at details - we were screwed with a draw and it'd be logical outcome.

It's easy to let Adomaitis go, but who would come to replace him? If we'd have some top notch coach willing to take over NT, we would have him on helm already. But we're not. That's sad reality
    Mindozas, fair opinion, but "quite sure we won't make it to next round" and "small chances against Australia" is a bit too much, IMO. Even neutral inter fans have very different opinions about it. Some put Lithuania as third best team, some as second or even first (rarer though). In my opinion that's a clash of FIBA powerhouses, not to mention that Canada is a powerhouse only on the paper yet (literally). So I would say it's 45:55 games, or 48:55 games depending on the rosters. The example of Olympics 2016 is not fair, IMO. That team underperformed, was demoralised, messed up. The way we looked in preparation and first three games in Olympics and later (the loss against Spain...), that Lithuanian team just crashed with that game against Spain. That happens even to a good teams (remember Serbia in 2003, or Lithuania in 2001, those were contenders, but something did click). While Australia was on a great wave, on a good momentum. However, Australia was swept by Serbia (pretty much the same team that we beat when we were on a good wave in 2015 EB) in semifinals. So the example is a bot flawless because Lithuania isn't crappy was it was in the second half of Olympic tournament.

But this just a one side of the cup. Other - Lithuania changed more in those three years, while Australia likely to come the some or even worse (how Australia became better?). FOA, Dante Exum is out, Simmons has plenty of reasons not to play (issues with coach, contract issues, individual workouts developing a jump shot), bigs like Jonah Bolden, Thon Maker are small roles NBA bigs that are not close to our star bigs (those are young players I mention). So generally Australia will have the same old school crew. Mills is not getting younger, Dellavedova showed little regress in NBA, Baynes is on slow decline mode, just as Bogut, Ingles is over thirty. So their core is over thirty. Heck of a veteran team, but they haven't improved much, while we have almost completely new core compared with with 2016 (JV, Sabonis, Kuzminskas, Grigonis, Ulanovas). We improved, Australia remained pretty much the same. Only if Simmons would come and establish dominant performance, than I would completely agree with you. He would lift Australia to other level.

Canada's issues already well known. So to sup up, I see Australia as the favourite (being 90% sure Simmons will skip WC) to win the group (bot it's 46:54 type of game against Lithuania), while I tend to put Lithuania over Canada.
    Last edited by Straight forward; 04-03-2019, 10:14 AM.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• So how to solve the puzzle now? We have 9- 10 obvious players, IMO, and only 2 question marks in the roster

Kalnietis, Lekavicius
      Grigonis, Seibutis, Juskevicius (I wish Juskevicius option wouldn't be a lock and Adomaitis consider Janavicius as the 5th guard, but Juskevicius is Adomaitis type of player so he won't give up on him most likely. We need defensive role players that you could throw against such as Mills and Murray though)
      Ulanovas, Giedraitis
      Sabonis, Kuzminskas ?
      Valanciunas, Kavaliauskas

Kavaliauskas is an absolute lock of he comes, but I didn't mark him because no-one knows what he thinks about it (again, Liths media is surprisingly lazy and slow towards NT issues). Just as Mindozas I would hate to see one of Ehodas, Birutis, Kairys, Mockevicius, Gaben in WC, all are not ready, but I would take Ehodas just because he's athletic, good rebounder and pretty good offensively. All others also sucks at D so what the hell. As for third string PF I would hate to see Bendzius here, he can't guard anyone, but do we really have any options since Maciulis/D-Mo out? Not really. Unless to go really small adding Butkevicius to the puzzle. Actually I think he (or Ulanovas) would guard stretch 4s better than him. Hell, I think even Sedekerskis would fill 4 position defensively better than Bendzius? That's how low I'm on Benzius and I think he would cost us problems. Regarding back-up center, I don't see this as huge problem because I think Domas is capable of playing + thirty minutes. He will be a back-up center as well as the main PF. The loss of Maciulis really sucks now, but we'll be OK if we'll have that what I wrote above.

Here's list of the missing players: Maciulis (injury), Jankunas (retiring, IMO), D-Mo (conflict), Gudaitis (injury). That hurts, really.
      Last edited by Straight forward; 04-03-2019, 11:14 AM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Can team play with Janavicius+other point guard line up? if not then taking him over Juskevicius makes little sense
        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Mindozas, fair opinion, but "quite sure we won't make it to next round" and "small chances against Australia" is a bit too much, IMO. Even neutral inter fans have very different opinions about it. Some put Lithuania as third best team, some as second or even first (rarer though). In my opinion that's a clash of FIBA powerhouses, not to mention that Canada is a powerhouse only on the paper yet (literally). So I would say it's 45:55 games, or 48:55 games depending on the rosters.
          Everyone is entitled to an opinion, you think it's a bit too much, I'm not, btw you cut very important part of my comment while quoting "unless Australia and/or Canada will come with weakened squads". That is a key. I might change my view if some major changes will occur. Regarding neutral fans opinions, well, I'm sure there are very different around the globe, sadly seems like tons of posts disappeared in World Cup subforum, I missed it and can't read the ones I recognize and respect, not some random ones from the net. Not that it would change my view, but it's interesting.

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          The example of Olympics 2016 is not fair, IMO. That team underperformed, was demoralised, messed up. The way we looked in preparation and first three games in Olympics and later (the loss against Spain...), that Lithuanian team just crashed with that game against Spain. That happens even to a good teams (remember Serbia in 2003, or Lithuania in 2001, those were contenders, but something did click). While Australia was on a great wave, on a good momentum. However, Australia was swept by Serbia (pretty much the same team that we beat when we were on a good wave in 2015 EB) in semifinals. So the example is a bot flawless because Lithuania isn't crappy was it was in the second half of Olympic tournament.
          Not fair example? How come? It's fair and square example, a fact. Australia had hell of the tournament, fcked us totally, had one bad game, but unlike our NT, didn't break, managed to get back on their feet and almost beat Spain for bronze... That proves my point even more - they are tough psychologically, while we were not and lacked leadership. Being on great wave, on momentum at right time just proves how well they were prepared. It was not a fluke, they cruised past France in opener, then beat Serbia quite comfortabily, had close game vs USA. Of course we had our own small excuses, but that doesn't take anything away out of Australians and how good they were.

But this just a one side of the cup. Other - Lithuania changed more in those three years, while Australia likely to come the some or even worse (how Australia became better?). FOA, Dante Exum is out, Simmons has plenty of reasons not to play (issues with coach, contract issues, individual workouts developing a jump shot), bigs like Jonah Bolden, Thon Maker are small roles NBA bigs that are not close to our star bigs (those are young players I mention). So generally Australia will have the same old school crew. Mills is not getting younger, Dellavedova showed little regress in NBA, Baynes is on slow decline mode, just as Bogut, Ingles is over thirty. So their core is over thirty. Heck of a veteran team, but they haven't improved much, while we have almost completely new core compared with with 2016 (JV, Sabonis, Kuzminskas, Grigonis, Ulanovas). We improved, Australia remained pretty much the same. Only if Simmons would come and establish dominant performance, than I would completely agree with you. He would lift Australia to other level.

Canada's issues already well known. So to sup up, I see Australia as the favourite (being 90% sure Simmons will skip WC) to win the group (bot it's 46:54 type of game against Lithuania), while I tend to put Lithuania over Canada.
          Being around 30 is not a decline or a problem or especially a veteran. Not nowadays. It's perfect age for the game. Mills is fine, with NT plays on superstar level, Ingles fine, having decent season, Delly will be fine with NT. Only worry it might be for Bogut, but if I was thinking that he is going to Australia to retire, instead he had superb season there, had plenty of playing time, which he needed badly, revived game instincts, and signed back to NBA. Where I see Australia stronger is their bench, it became wider, so they might have much better one now. Talking about Exum, he was out in 2016 too, not a loss comparing these teams. So I don't see where they became weaker and all this besides Simmons. I don't see us being able to handle it all. We will need Kalnietis on Rio level to keep it close, but as much as I saw him playing lately, he looked quite dull, only good thing that historically with NT he is on different level mostly

Comment

• STF

i dont care how much pts our team scores aginst israel or Ukraina and got that average,what it counts and what i mean is euroleague level teams like Italy and Greece (and that not even the best teams) and we were strugling scoring in those games...If Not Juskevicius shining moment with 22pts against italy,i doubt we would have won that game in first place.Againts Greece it was very obviuos nobody can score except Valanciunas and Kuzminskas on daily basis,Grigonis helped those 2 in that game and we got on some run in that game,but still it wasnt enough with poor 64pts performance...

Even in 2015 we were winning games because Kazlauskas defences and holding opponenets under 75 always (usually even less)

No way this our 2019 team can be 90 pts team against euroleague level defences no way...max on good day 75-76 (with good Kuzminskas version).Im holding on my opinion this is real problem when we gonna face seriuos teams.

Domantas +Valanciunas i believe it could be 30pts average and 20reb and it will be our 'stones' under what we gonna built entire team around,but we still need 40pts from others thats my point.And i having problems finding them against seriuos euroleague defences on daily basis.

Defence wasnt perfect compared to Kazlauskas years,but still with our character and sacrifices of our players, effort on defence always will be there.For me problem is not there.

MIndozas

I understand that Australia and Canada are obviuosly more talented teams.But i dont believe in Canada even if they bring all 12 nba players.They have zero experience ,i feel we gonna beat them and outhink them wiht their 1 vs 1 basketball style.Australia yeah ...most likely they gonna give to us again .I watched Bogut this week with Warriors he still moving ok and very solid on defence.I believe Canada will go home early hopefully

I would offer Jasikevicius job again just for one summer and explain him you dont need to go through all those fiba windows craps just this olympic summer starting from Qualification tournament... we all know how Sharas loves Olympic games.

if he declines again,i would risk with Maskvytis or bring Kemzura back.If Adomaitis not making top8 in wc19 its obviuos we need fresh air in our loockeroom.ITs not even if they are better or not,its more about making changes .Adomaitis was the first coach in rookie year who failed win medal,before him everybody won in first summer.That new voice,new ideas usually combine with our team character and wanting to show we are still in elite was very good combination after failure.

If Lietuva dont make top 8 again second championship for me coach must go out by himself.I dont care about contract,this is not some kind meaningles eurobasket 2017,it will olympic summer upcoming.

I never trusted Adomaitis he is hard working coach,but i dont believe him when playoofs starts.He prepares tactically well im sure,but he doesnt have that motivational spirit in him than can spark the entire team before do or die match.He lost both universiadas 1/4,lost eurobasket 2017 1/8.When playoofs starts sometimes its not just about tactics especially when you are not most tallented team...I believe Maskvytis and Kemzuta atleast in this area is better in my eyes.

This our NT team has 3,5 golden genereation players of Maskvytis Valanciunas,Ulanovas,Giedraitis (Butkevicius).Also he worked with Seibutis also season and helped him to recover after Zalgiris.I believe he will have enough respect from players in this team to listen to him.
            Last edited by Shawshank; 04-03-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

In my opinion that's a clash of FIBA powerhouses, not to mention that Canada is a powerhouse only on the paper yet (literally).

Canada's issues already well known.
              That's precisely the case. In Canada it's all about hockey. (Not that I'm complaining. I'm all about hockey myself when it comes to North American sports in the winter and early spring months.) But this means that hockey players are the ones revered in Canada, while basketball players are seen as nothing but a pleasant curiosity.

As a result budding young basketball players in Canada are all about the States. They look to the NBA and aspire to attend NCAA colleges in the States. Simply put they end up as American wannabees. Therefore when it comes to representing Canada on the international stage, many simply don't care. They give Team Canada a pass so you never know how many of the best Canadian basketball players will show up. After all, when the Canadian public doesn't much care, why should the fellow who's done nothing since his teens but immerse himself in American culture care?

This is in marked contrast to the situation in Lithuania where Team Lietuva members are idolized and are treated like demi-gods if and when they come home with a medal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                I would offer Jasikevicius job again just for one summer and explain him you dont need to go through all those fiba windows craps just this olympic summer starting from Qualification tournament... we all know how Sharas loves Olympic games.

if he declines again,i would risk with Maskvytis or bring Kemzura back.

This our NT team has 3,5 golden genereation players of Maskvytis - Valanciunas,Ulanovas,Giedraitis (Butkevicius).Also he worked with Seibutis also season and helped him to recover after Zalgiris.I believe he will have enough respect from players in this team to listen to him.
                You wouldn't consider either Rimas Kurtinaitis or bringing Antanas Sireika back?

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                  Can team play with Janavicius+other point guard line up? if not then taking him over Juskevicius makes little sense
                  How you come up with an idea that Janavicius should be paired with another PG? It's wise versa, Janavicius would need some-one who can shoot. There's plenty of combinations. Janavicius with Grigonis/Seibutis, Janavicius with Lekavicius (he can shoot and play as combo), hell, we can even use Janavicius as PG and Kalnietis (combo, p'n'r SG) combination if there force majeure. When you go against extremely agile and skilled players as say Joseph and Murray, you need good feet work to guard them, otherwise those will brake the defence going inside anytime they want, also they are too good shooters to zone them. My idea is very intense rotation with very intense defence against Australia and Canada. 5 minutes rotation all game long. Our offence should be simple, plays for bigs, p'n'r, and transition offence. Actually Janavicius would be an upgrade at p'n'r and defence compared to Juskevicius who only brings shooting.

I would consider using Kalnietis at the second unit that he could guard some-one from Autralia's, Canada's bench. If Canada starts with Joseph, Murray and Australia with Mills and Delly, Kalnietis can't guard any of those basically. It's a sacrifice offensively a little bit and a risk to lose the tempo at O, but we are not going far if are relying on Kalnietis to much. Differently than Mindozas, I want Kalnietis role way lesser than it was in 2016, putting more weight on Lekavicius and specially Grigonis as aggressors and creators, but my idea is that our offence would simple enough that all 5 guys could start plays if it's necessary and actually all 5 would be able to play some p'n'r. Juskevicius would be the worse p'n'r guard of those 6.
                  Last edited by Straight forward; 04-03-2019, 05:43 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                    I understand that Australia and Canada are obviuosly more talented teams.But i dont believe in Canada even if they bring all 12 nba players.They have zero experience ,i feel we gonna beat them and outhink them wiht their 1 vs 1 basketball style.Australia yeah ...most likely they gonna give to us again .I watched Bogut this week with Warriors he still moving ok and very solid on defence.I believe Canada will go home early hopefully
                    Canada doesn't have experience that we have, far from that, but they are not totally rookies. In 2015 they had really decent team in FIBA Americas champ, played amazing in offense, were ripping apart lot of teams, only that famous upset vs Venesuela stopped them, when half of the team were food poisoned day before the game. Only problem was defense, it was non existant sometimes. In 2016 team was less talented, some injuries happened, but still gave a good fight to France in OQT. Now they played in couple qualifying windows with few top guns. I don't think having all-NBA line-up would be best solution for them. I think guys like Pangos, Ejim, Wiltjer should be added, maybe another guard like Ennis, P.Scrubb or Heslip, maybe veteran Anthony. In case to have some mix. But first of all they need coach, if they'll have a good one, who can attract players and gather good team together, it will be hell of the task to play against them. But if we are up to challenge to kick someone out of the contest, then I agree with you - Canada looks like the best option

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                    Nice plan, but it won't happen for sure. Not with perfectionist like Jasikevicius. He loves Olympics, who doesn't, but he knows all the responsibility it brings. If he'll ever come to NT, I think he'll come for whole cycle to implement his ideas, his system. Regarding other candidates you mentioned. I don't like to make changes just for the sake of changes. I have to be sure that it will have positive impact and I'm not sure if Kemzura or Maksvytis would start deliver miracles. Well, but that's subjective as most likely we will never know that what so ever

Differently than Mindozas, I want Kalnietis role way lesser than it was in 2016, putting more weight on Lekavicius and specially Grigonis as aggressors and creators, but my idea is that our offence would simple enough that all 5 guys could start plays if it's necessary and actually all 5 would be able to play some p'n'r. Juskevicius would be the worse p'n'r guard of those 6.
                    I'm not talking about any roles, I'm talking about shape. In 2016 Kalnietis was simply unstoppable, you couldn't take the momentum away from him. Don't be naive, Lekavicius won't do miracles, he is warming the bench for 2 years, you'll still need top shape Kalnietis to give a fight in this group. Nobody can run the game on his level. Grigonis will have big role, I'd even see him or Seibutis helping Kalnietis more than the same Lekavicius

Comment

I'm not talking about any roles, I'm talking about shape. In 2016 Kalnietis was simply unstoppable, you couldn't take the momentum away from him. Don't be naive, Lekavicius won't do miracles, he is warming the bench for 2 years, you'll still need top shape Kalnietis to give a fight in this group. Nobody can run the game on his level. Grigonis will have big role, I'd even see him or Seibutis helping Kalnietis more than the same Lekavicius
                      Kalnietis won't be in 2016 shape, unless playing way lesser role. Kalnietis was on amazing shape in 2016, it is not his natural self. Usually he comes in much more humble physical shape. Now that he's few years older doesn't help either. To be honest, I'm getting tired of inadequate treatment of Kalnietis and Lekavicius. Lekavcius is the guy who has the value in Euroleague's market and Kalnietis is the guy who has value only in Eurocup market, but somehow here it's always wise versa (damn, after all he's playing in Euroleague, 11 minutes with current EL is not a zero). Sure, I know where it comes from, but it's a bit too much. Saras would choose Lekavicius not Kalnietis for Zalgiris and that says a lot. Kalnietis was absolutely washed out already against Greece in Eurobasket 2017 EB. He was literally standing in the defence (pretty much the same was against Aussies in OG) just to save couple of penis for the offence. In the recent FIBA windows Kalnietis had a good game against Croatia and he played well against Netherlands and home, hut you could see he was already tired in the second game. The intensity wasn't the same and the proportion of minutes between those Kalnietis and Lekavicius wasn't correct. Kalnietis played too much, Lekavicius too little (both were playing well). Till he made that game winning three he made bunch of sissy plays and missed quite few shots because he was already tired. Lekavicius will be fine, IMO, because he survived with a little role. His stats are solid per minute and that indicates he would be an important part of current Zalgiris. He showed some good games both in Euroleague and A1, he looked good in NT. No signs that he has declined sitting on the bench. When Kazlausas was playing Kalnietis for almost 40 minutes without substitutions against Brazil in the first game of OG, despite the win I wrote in this forum - Lithuania is in trouble, and that was exactly the case. If we will be counting on Kalnietis as he's the main dog, we're going no-where. We'll get zero defence in the knock out stage and sissy, dull offence when you have to wait for 22 seconds Kalnietis kneading the ball. Sometimes I get tired of waiting when Kalnietis creativity and decision making will prevail. If he have the legs be aggressive, make the decision, if not - kneading the ball won't get us far. IMO, his role should be 14-18 minutes in the group stage (thus I want Janavicius for PG as well), and 20-25 in PO, likely coming from the bench because Australia's and Canada's starters will rip him naked at the offensive end. Lekavicius should be unleashed more, we need his aggressiveness, quick feet at D, sharp drives to the basket. The lesser Kalnietis' role will be, the less useless ball kneading of Kalnietis we'll see. We need him fresh and aggressive. Calathes was going through him like he's a status (I watched that game twise, one time recently). If it won;t be Lekavicius who will step up, better be some-one as we are not winning anything with overusing Kalnietis, it's more than obvious.
                      Last edited by Straight forward; 04-04-2019, 12:11 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• ^^^

Again you are overturning my words into some Lekavicius praising and Kalnietis bashing. I'll repeat once again - I'm not talking about roles, I'm talking about shape. What's not to understand? Kalnietis doesn't have to play 35min, he should play as long as he will be efficient. If he'll be fine to play 35min let him play, if he can last for 25min, keep him for 25min, don't fcking bench a player if he is doing good just to play Lekavicius, Janavicius, Juskevicius. But you need him on top shape, that's the key, cause he is our main PG and we will face top opposition. What's the difference where is he playing or where Lekavicius is playing, the difference is what they brings on the table in NT. In windows Kalnietis was obviously better, don't fool yourself, yeah he did some usual bad Kalnietis stuff he does all his career, and he will do this in World Cup, prepare for that, but he was still the best PG we had. I can assume that he will lead us once again, until I will be proved wrong and Lekavicius will step up, but I don't expect miracles from him, he doesn't do it in EL, having another dull season after it I guess he will move back to Kaunas, PAO doesn't need him. In NT I don't expect more from him than bringing some energy from the bench at both ends of the court, that's it. If he'll prove me wrong, I'll be only glad

Comment

• I agree. Mantas Kalnietis is still the main man when it comes to running the offence, and I sincerely hope he can deliver 25 minutes at PG each game during the preliminary stages and 28+ minutes during the knock-out stage.

Comment

^^^
                            Again you are overturning my words into some Lekavicius praising and Kalnietis bashing. I'll repeat once again - I'm not talking about roles, I'm talking about shape. What's not to understand? Kalnietis doesn't have to play 35min, he should play as long as he will be efficient. If he'll be fine to play 35min let him play, if he can last for 25min, keep him for 25min, don't fcking bench a player if he is doing good just to play Lekavicius, Janavicius, Juskevicius. But you need him on top shape, that's the key, cause he is our main PG and we will face top opposition. What's the difference where is he playing or where Lekavicius is playing, the difference is what they brings on the table in NT. In windows Kalnietis was obviously better, don't fool yourself, yeah he did some usual bad Kalnietis stuff he does all his career, and he will do this in World Cup, prepare for that, but he was still the best PG we had. I can assume that he will lead us once again, until I will be proved wrong and Lekavicius will step up, but I don't expect miracles from him, he doesn't do it in EL, having another dull season after it I guess he will move back to Kaunas, PAO doesn't need him. In NT I don't expect more from him than bringing some energy from the bench at both ends of the court, that's it. If he'll prove me wrong, I'll be only glad
                            I wrote general attitude at Lekavicius/Kalnietis situation, I thought it was clear from the context. And to me there's no bashing. It's only critique. Current Nowitzki sucks. That's a statement of opinion, not bashing. Some people (one probably demonise me ) think I'm bashing JV. Hell, no, I'm following all his career closely and I love that he adds a little bit every year, but when I will compare JV with Domantas Sabonis, or even D-Mo, I will say those having higher IQ and are much more versatile. Back to the topic, differently than you and many thinks I don't think Kalnietis is surely the best PG we have today. 2 reasons. One, and badly overlooked, Kalnietis was sinking NT with his sissy and slow defence both 2016 and 2017, in those PO game his defence was below average, he simply sucked. Why there's always emphasis on his superior and more fundamentally sound offence (which is true) and not a word on his crappy defence, it beyond me. Like it's not important. Hell, yeah, it's important and I do believe he might cause us troubles again knowing the opposition. It's not even about Lekavicius, I just saying a fact, Kalnietis, specially in a longer runs (second reasons) gets nearly completely non existant at D. With age, this getting even faster. Our opponent power lies exactly at the backourt and Kalnietis basically can't guard any of thier best guards. It's not like Lekavicius, Grigonis or Seibutis will keep Mills or Murray without a 10 points, but Kalnietis is just a tissue for them, he's too slow on his feet and with few games his stamina declines as well (so if Adomaitis will panic and overuse Kalnietis against Australia, Canada, it probably will be the same story as in 2016, we will lack aggressiveness and broader guard rotation later on). Thus I really want limited role for Kalnietis in the group stage because his defence might cause us more damage than he makes profit at O. I don't remember which poster except me mentioned Kalnietis defence as a serious the problem in 2016 and 2017. "Nah, we would lose anyway". Maybe so, but it's a clear and obvious problem, huge miss-match for us. And to me, Lekavicius offence and defence might be > Kalnietis superior half court offence. We'll see.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Preparation games schedule is appearing: we will meat Serbia two times and one game against Spain and Finland. Personally I think the stronger the opponents the better, specially after few first easy games. Would love to see playing against USA, but current super federation never was able to fix that as far as I remember..

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I wrote general attitude at Lekavicius/Kalnietis situation, I thought it was clear from the context. And to me there's no bashing. It's only critique. Current Nowitzki sucks. That's a statement of opinion, not bashing. Some people (one probably demonise me ) think I'm bashing JV. Hell, no, I'm following all his career closely and I love that he adds a little bit every year, but when I will compare JV with Domantas Sabonis, or even D-Mo, I will say those having higher IQ and are much more versatile. Back to the topic, differently than you and many thinks I don't think Kalnietis is surely the best PG we have today. 2 reasons. One, and badly overlooked, Kalnietis was sinking NT with his sissy and slow defence both 2016 and 2017, in those PO game his defence was below average, he simply sucked. Why there's always emphasis on his superior and more fundamentally sound offence (which is true) and not a word on his crappy defence, it beyond me. Like it's not important. Hell, yeah, it's important and I do believe he might cause us troubles again knowing the opposition. It's not even about Lekavicius, I just saying a fact, Kalnietis, specially in a longer runs (second reasons) gets nearly completely non existant at D. With age, this getting even faster. Our opponent power lies exactly at the backourt and Kalnietis basically can't guard any of thier best guards. It's not like Lekavicius, Grigonis or Seibutis will keep Mills or Murray without a 10 points, but Kalnietis is just a tissue for them, he's too slow on his feet and with few games his stamina declines as well (so if Adomaitis will panic and overuse Kalnietis against Australia, Canada, it probably will be the same story as in 2016, we will lack aggressiveness and broader guard rotation later on). Thus I really want limited role for Kalnietis in the group stage because his defence might cause us more damage than he makes profit at O. I don't remember which poster except me mentioned Kalnietis defence as a serious the problem in 2016 and 2017. "Nah, we would lose anyway". Maybe so, but it's a clear and obvious problem, huge miss-match for us. And to me, Lekavicius offence and defence might be > Kalnietis superior half court offence. We'll see.
                                If we'll go further I wouldn't be surprised to see Lekavicius and Jokubaitis as PGs I mean, you really try to drag Kalnietis down and lift Lekavicius up for no reason at all. I don't see a reason to come up with some previous tournaments, but if you did then 2016, 2017... Yeah Kalnietis made mistakes, but what Lekavicius did? Nothing at all. Kalnietis always was the best one no matter his flaws, including qualifiers. Only your last sentence makes sense as it's your expectations and prediction, but so far there's nothing to base it on. But anything can happen

Preparation games schedule is appearing: we will meat Serbia two times and one game against Spain and Finland. Personally I think the stronger the opponents the better, specially after few first easy games. Would love to see playing against USA, but current super federation never was able to fix that as far as I remember..
                                LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information