• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
    Kulboka and Birutis will watch first game from sidelines
    So Adomaitis.

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    I think you're being too quick to prejudge. We shall see.

In any event, here are the previous national team appearances by player:

Kšyštof Lavrinovič 10 (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014)
    Renaldas Seibutis 5 (2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
    Adas Juškevičius 3 (2014, 2016, 2017)
    Šarūnas Vasiliauskas 1 (2014)
    Deividas Gailius 1 (2015)
    Eimantas Bendžius 1 (2017)

I'm talking about the future. If we had a stud coach, not an average "I'm still here after failure because current federation is a group of laid back cool people", aside 2 younsgters (they have a future) only Seibutis would be the member of A team.

Easy call to me because here's the A team today:

Lekavicius, Kalnietis
    Seibutis, Grigonis, Valinskas
    Kuzminskas, Ulanovas*
    Sabonis, D-Mo, Jankunas
    JV, Gudaitis

* Yes, I think Ulanovas is a better option than Maciulis already because he's balling and he's much more hungrier than Jonas, and he can run and he can hustle like nuts.

GO Lithuania! Won't be able to watch the game live so I hope Adomaitis won't screw this, we need our team in 2019WC. No idea about the opponent, hopefully it's a sweep.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
      Kulboka and Birutis will watch first game from sidelines
      Not surprising since they're far and away the two youngest players. The first game's lineup will therefore be as follows:

PG: Mindaugas Girdžiūnas, Šarūnas Vasiliauskas
      SG: Adas Juškevičius, Renaldas Seibutis
      SF: Arnas Butkevičius, Deividas Gailius, Rokas Giedraitis
      PF: Eimantas Bendžius, Kšyštof Lavrinovič, Gediminas Orelikas
      C: Vaidas Čepukaitis, Evaldas Kairys

Since Coach Dainius Adomaitis has stated an intention to keep teammates from club teams together on the floor, we may see a lot of these two combos:

Girdžiūnas, Seibutis, Butkevičius, Orelikas/Bendžius, Kairys

Vasiliauskas, Juškevičius, Giedraitis/Gailius, Lavrinovič, Čepukaitis

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-24-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        I'm talking about the future... aside 2 younsgters (they have a future) only Seibutis would be the member of A team.

Easy call to me because here's the A team today:

Lekavicius, Kalnietis
        Seibutis, Grigonis, Valinskas
        Kuzminskas, Ulanovas*
        Sabonis, D-Mo, Jankunas
        JV, Gudaitis
        Paulius Valinskas on your A-team? Already? As far as newcomers are concerned I'd rate Valinskas behind Arnas Butkevičius right now.

Right now isn't the question though. It's two years from now in August of 2019 that's the question and we've constantly seen somewhat different teams each summer than most of us predicted even the previous fall. Who knows? Both Butkevičius and Valinskas might end up on that team. As they say, if you're going to predict, do so often.

Comment

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt Valinskas a 1-2 and Butkevicius a clear 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
            That's my understanding.

Comment

So Grigonis out, that sucks.
              Many/most of us would have been expecting Marius Grigonis to be the star of this team.

Here's a question though. Without Grigonis, which player do you expect to lead Team Lietuva in scoring over the next two games? Adas Juškevičius? Rokas Giedraitis? Gediminas Orelikas? Kšyštof Lavrinovič?

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-24-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Orelikas, easy.

Comment

Lithuania 99 Kosovo 61

So Lithuania began running away with the game at about the seven minute mark of the third quarter when Kosovo's starters began to tire and Kosovo had no bench strength to take over for the starters.

Comment

Valinskas is a guard (I agree he's combo) and Butkevicius is small forward. I think Hepcat mixed positions a little bit. Yes, I would already want valinskas in my SG section. Some would argue for Juskevicius, but as I see things Valinskas is already higher level BB player, mainly due to better defence and decision making. The biggest problems with Juskevicius is that he can't guard and you should guard if you want to be in NT.

Good to see Lithuania sweeping Kosovo. The game against Poland will be much more serious.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Valinskas is a guard (I agree he's combo) and Butkevicius is small forward. I think Hepcat mixed positions a little bit.
                      I was simply comparing two newcomers to the national team discussion that none of us anticipated on the scene three months ago.

Comment

Butkevicius played SG in Euroleague season
                        The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                          I was simply comparing two newcomers to the national team discussion that none of us anticipated on the scene three months ago.

No problem, it's just that it's irrelevant comparison. Soon we'll have 5-6 small forwards who all will be better than any of our SG likely, but at the end of the day you have to field your SG line-up.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Convincing win against Poland which played really bad, shot the ball extremely bad and made so many TOs.

As for Lithuania it's hard to say something other than that we played against weak opposition. The thing is that I somehow thought we have a better B team. Maybe the fact that we couldn't grab one of Gudaitis, Kavaliauskas here played a big role because those 2 skinny and soft centers looked like a high school players against Karnowski who only blew himself away with personal fouls from a great game. Any decent and tough frontcourt would go ham against such frontcourt.
                            I admit Butkevicius is looking good at the moment. He's limited offensively, but he is playing D and is surely better than Gailius and Giedraitis at 3. Orelikas aside improved passing doesn't seem much better than he was in Rytas. Not an A team material, it's not even close.
                            I guess Adomaitis really felt his own for the first time he's with NT cause that's his level roster. That's the players he's working with. Maybe that's the reason he was so hesitant to keep Seibutis on the court for any longer stretch and the fact that he find Juskevicius a better player is really worrysome to me. It was strange that he threw Girdziunas, Gailius, Butkevicius at the same time in the first half while Lith couldn't cope with Poland defensively. I still don't have trust in Adomaitis to lead NT in the knock out stage of official tournaments. He is just unfamiliar with that kind of level and his rotation and a taste for players haven't convinced me that he knows what he's doing and he is worth higher level team than the B NT and Neptunas, Lietkabelis level club. This team aside Seibutis and Butkevicius is horrific defensive team. I have the same bitterness in my tongue as after the game against Greeks when Adomaitis tried to stop Calathes and Sloukas backourt with Juskevicius and Gecevicius...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I have to say this team has played so far really good having in mind the roster and limited time to prepare. Poland's squad with Karnowski, Ponitka, Kulig, Kosharek doesn't seem really worse than Lithuanian one, but as a team was nowhere close.

Comment

Convincing win against Poland which played really bad, shot the ball extremely bad and made so many TOs.

As for Lithuania it's hard to say something other than that we played against weak opposition. The thing is that I somehow thought we have a better B team. Maybe the fact that we couldn't grab one of Gudaitis, Kavaliauskas here played a big role because those 2 skinny and soft centers looked like a high school players against Karnowski who only blew himself away with personal fouls from a great game. Any decent and tough frontcourt would go ham against such frontcourt.
                                I admit Butkevicius is looking good at the moment. He's limited offensively, but he is playing D and is surely better than Gailius and Giedraitis at 3. Orelikas aside improved passing doesn't seem much better than he was in Rytas. Not an A team material, it's not even close.
                                I guess Adomaitis really felt his own for the first time he's with NT cause that's his level roster. That's the players he's working with. Maybe that's the reason he was so hesitant to keep Seibutis on the court for any longer stretch and the fact that he find Juskevicius a better player is really worrysome to me. It was strange that he threw Girdziunas, Gailius, Butkevicius at the same time in the first half while Lith couldn't cope with Poland defensively. I still don't have trust in Adomaitis to lead NT in the knock out stage of official tournaments. He is just unfamiliar with that kind of level and his rotation and a taste for players haven't convinced me that he knows what he's doing and he is worth higher level team than the B NT and Neptunas, Lietkabelis level club. This team aside Seibutis and Butkevicius is horrific defensive team. I have the same bitterness in my tongue as after the game against Greeks when Adomaitis tried to stop Calathes and Sloukas backourt with Juskevicius and Gecevicius...
                                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information