2019 World Cup Qualifying Odyssey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
    Indeed, one of the best shooters in EL is kinda scrub nowadays I know that you are youngsters junkie, so you would say whatever to find a way to bring them in, and I know that you don't like Milaknis judging by your latest activity in EL forum with bashing him with every given opportunity, but come on. Having experienced shooter like Milaknis and knowing how to use him properly is great weapon to any coach. It's not some guts that coach must be showing in NT, it's not a place for that, it's results that matters. One thing is to hit smth in LKL or Eurocup, other is to do the same on highest stage with NT. Sirvydis still has a way to go to establish himself as important piece of Rytas rotation, guy is still too unstable and needs to learn a lot. He is just starting. Give him some time and don't put unnecessary pressure on his shoulders. Unless he really will progress that fast during the season, then of course he must be invited atleast to training camps in summer, but again, in NT must be the best ones this time, this World Cup is Olympic qualifiers, not a place for experiments.
    I don't treat him as one of the best shooters in EL. Overall he's a good off the ball, catch and shoot type of shooter, but I think knowing his defensive "presence", softness, overall limited ability to facilitate and create, lack of aggressiveness overall (and that reflects every tiny space in the court), I think in today's BB is too big of luxury to keep such player on the court. I think Jasikevicius might even lost some vital, organic periods which could had been the brake through in some games while keeping him on the court. Personally I find Zalgiris at his best when there's a lot of reactionary plays and spontaneous hustle. Remember first quarter against Real, it was a perfect example. When Zalgiris freezing their offence into schematic and static plays for Milaknis, I think all the puzzle of Zalgiris' identity collapses (and I think there Jasikevicius was wrong saying that only this way Zalgiris has a chance against such team as Real, actually I think with static offence the toughness and hustle at both ends of the floor decreases) . With Milaknis they lose that crazy spirit, crazy hustle and gutsy, a bit bully attitude at offensive end (specially it's obvious now when Grigonis and Walkup are not entirely involved and Westerman still not 100% ready, and they badly lack such things as Misic was doing last season ATM). Sure, Milaknis can be a deadly weapon here and there, but, IMO, Jasikevicius overused him badly and I think it cost Zalgiris at least one win.

I said he's a scrub like more or less as a reductionist joke. Like all players who has no shadow of being elite can be described as scrubs if I'm in that kind of a mood Sure, Milaknis made few important buckets in 2015 EB, but only few, and he looked really bad in the last campaign with the NT.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      If Adomaitis would have guts, he would go with team like this:

Lekavicius, Jokubaitis (or Velicka in case Lekavicius won't show up)
      Sirvydis, Jogela, Valinskas
      Giedraitis, Kulboka
      Ehodas, Masiulis
      Birutis, Blazevic
      You know that wouldn't be right. Coach Adomaitis has the moral responsibility to preserve the integrity of the competition. It wouldn't be fair to Poland, Hungary and the Netherlands if Lithuania treated the upcoming matches against Italy and Croatia as meaningless scrimmages. Team Lietuva should still field a cracker jack club out to win its games. If everything is settled by the next window this winter, then it would be okay to experiment with an all-youngster lineup. But not yet.

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-08-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• So I understand that while only twelve players can dress for any game, each team can have a fourteen player roster. How about something like this one for Team Lietuva?

Mantas Kalnietis (PG)
        Mindaugas Girdžiūnas (PG)
        Paulius Valinskas (PG)
        Adas Juškevičius (PG, SG)
        Renaldas Seibutis (SG)
        Deividas Sirvydis (SG) or Arnoldas Kulboka (SF)
        Arnas Butkevičius (SG, SF)
        Rokas Giedraitis (SF)
        Gediminas Orelikas (SF, PF)
        Eimantas Bendžius (SF, PF)
        Edgaras Želionis (PF)
        Gytis Masiulis (PF, C)
        Evaldas Kairys (C)
        Darjuš Lavrinovič (C)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
          You know that wouldn't be right. Coach Adomaitis has the moral responsibility to preserve the integrity of the competition. It wouldn't be fair to Poland, Hungary and the Netherlands if Lithuania treated the upcoming matches against Italy and Croatia as meaningless scrimmages. Team Lietuva should still field a cracker jack club out to win its games. If everything is settled by the next window this winter, then it would be okay to experiment with an all youngster lineup. But not yet.

It's not Lithuania's problem. If we wanted we could lose all previous games, that's our right. It's not some united states of democracy in sports

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I don't treat him as one of the best shooters in EL. Overall he's a good off the ball, catch and shoot type of shooter, but I think knowing his defensive "presence", softness, overall limited ability to facilitate and create, lack of aggressiveness overall (and that reflects every tiny space in the court), I think in today's BB is too big of luxury to keep such player on the court. I think Jasikevicius might even lost some vital, organic periods which could had been the brake through in some games while keeping him on the court. Personally I find Zalgiris at his best when there's a lot of reactionary plays and spontaneous hustle. Remember first quarter against Real, it was a perfect example. When Zalgiris freezing their offence into schematic and static plays for Milaknis, I think all the puzzle of Zalgiris' identity collapses (and I think there Jasikevicius was wrong saying that only this way Zalgiris has a chance against such team as Real, actually I think with static offence the toughness and hustle at both ends of the floor decreases) . With Milaknis they lose that crazy spirit, crazy hustle and gutsy, a bit bully attitude at offensive end (specially it's obvious now when Grigonis and Walkup are not entirely involved and Westerman still not 100% ready, and they badly lack such things as Misic was doing last season ATM). Sure, Milaknis can be a deadly weapon here and there, but, IMO, Jasikevicius overused him badly and I think it cost Zalgiris at least one win.
            There were atleast few explanations by other guys to you why Saras uses Milaknis and why it helps the team overall. I just don't want to repeat it all over again. It's not just only those plays set for Milaknis you only see, it makes much easier game in the paint for bigs, who actualy plays pivotal roles in Saras schemes and not Milaknis, who catches lot of attention and makes opposition work. Just dig deeper. Defensivelly he never was a reliable option in personal defense, but he does really well in team one, Zalgiris doesn't suffer much cause of him. If you think that in today's bball such players are done, then I'll hit you back that Zalgiris reached Final4 with Milaknis bein' one of the key players last season. Yeah, he isn't creative, he isn't physical beast (not soft either), but like I said - you just need to know how to use him and Saras does. This way he is very valuable. And if Milaknis is not one of the best pure shooters in EL with 63% this season, with 45% from 167!!! attempts previous one, then don't know who are? Gecevicius, Sirvydis and Carroll?

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            I said he's a scrub like more or less as a reductionist joke. Like all players who has no shadow of being elite can be described as scrubs if I'm in that kind of a mood Sure, Milaknis made few important buckets in 2015 EB, but only few, and he looked really bad in the last campaign with the NT.
            Do you really try to compare 2017 and 2015? Come on, mate Of course he looked like crap last year, can't deny that, but those "few buckets" in 2015 helped us a lot to reach Olympics. Again, if Adomaitis can't see Milaknis in his plans and doesn't know (or doesn't see point) to use him the way Kazlas or Saras did/does, I'm fine if he won't take him to Beijing. It might be the same 2017 all over again then. But if it were up to me, I'll try to find a way to add Milaknis to NT schemes. We badly lack sharp shooters

Comment

There were atleast few explanations by other guys to you why Saras uses Milaknis and why it helps the team overall. I just don't want to repeat it all over again. It's not just only those plays set for Milaknis you only see, it makes much easier game in the paint for bigs, who actualy plays pivotal roles in Saras schemes and not Milaknis, who catches lot of attention and makes opposition work. Just dig deeper. Defensivelly he never was a reliable option in personal defense, but he does really well in team one, Zalgiris doesn't suffer much cause of him. If you think that in today's bball such players are done, then I'll hit you back that Zalgiris reached Final4 with Milaknis bein' one of the key players last season. Yeah, he isn't creative, he isn't physical beast (not soft either), but like I said - you just need to know how to use him and Saras does. This way he is very valuable. And if Milaknis is not one of the best pure shooters in EL with 63% this season, with 45% from 167!!! attempts previous one, then don't know who are? Gecevicius, Sirvydis and Carroll?
              So Milaknis spreads the floor. Who knew? I surely couldn't dig that deep to figure it out since it's the only thing in the court he is capable of doing and it's all he does. How is that an insight?
              Sure, Milaknis % is nice at the moment and overall (20% from 2 though) in the season will be good probably, but that's because the dude shoots only when he's open, and he can't even generate one damn assist in 27 minutes, his total rebounds equals 0,4, he scores 7.8pts, his PIR is 7.2.
              Let's compare similar type of truly one of the best shooters and player who is playing pretty much the same role. Carrol. 17min, 11,2pts...

Why for example not to involve Grigonis more? So far he shot the ball very well, but he barely gets playing time and chances to shoot. I know it takes to adjust and so on, but he was shooting like 45% in Eurocup last season and he can bring tons of intangibles compared to Milaknis. Or anyone else really.

Now the myth is that Milaknis was one of the keys last season. No he wasn't. In play offs against Olympiacos he had 2 absolutely crappy games, 1 decent and one good. In final 4 he was non-existant while run the floor "spreading the floor" for more than 20 minutes...Davies, Jankunas, Ulanovas, Pangos, Micic, White...all played bigger roles and was way more efficient, so how Milaknis was one of the key? This spreading the ball argument really transcendant it seems. And the problem is that Milaknis last season was way more efficient. Now he needs 27 minutes to generate his 7.8pts.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I feel like we talked about it zillion of times already First of all, these are two different type of players. One combo guard, usually made the NT just cause we lack PG, other wing with precise tasks on the court, a pure shooter. How can you compare them this easily? Taking some stats and this one is better, that one is worse. None do this. You can compare Milaknis with Gecevicius or you can compare Juskevicius with some Girdziunas or even Lekavicius, but not one with another. They are different.
                Comparing this year's stats of Artūras Milaknis to those of Martynas Gecevičius in the LKL would seem to indicate that Gecevičius is at present the more complete player:

MINUTES

Milaknis 20.06
                Gecevičius 32.20

Milaknis 7.7
                Gecevičius 12.9

3 POINT %

Milaknis 34.9
                Gecevičius 37.3

REBOUNDS

Milaknis 1.2
                Gecevičius 3.1

ASSISTS

Milaknis 1.1
                Gecevičius 3.9

STEALS

Milaknis 0.9
                Gecevičius 1.0

EFFICIENCY

Milaknis 5.2
                Gecevičius 14.7

Their efficiency ratings even adjusted per minute of court time aren't even close.
                Last edited by Hepcat; 11-09-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

So Milaknis spreads the floor. Who knew? I surely couldn't dig that deep to figure it out since it's the only thing in the court he is capable of doing and it's all he does. How is that an insight?
                  Sure, Milaknis % is nice at the moment and overall (20% from 2 though) in the season will be good probably, but that's because the dude shoots only when he's open, and he can't even generate one damn assist in 27 minutes, his total rebounds equals 0,4, he scores 7.8pts, his PIR is 7.2.
                  Let's compare similar type of truly one of the best shooters and player who is playing pretty much the same role. Carrol. 17min, 11,2pts...

Why for example not to involve Grigonis more? So far he shot the ball very well, but he barely gets playing time and chances to shoot. I know it takes to adjust and so on, but he was shooting like 45% in Eurocup last season and he can bring tons of intangibles compared to Milaknis. Or anyone else really.

Now the myth is that Milaknis was one of the keys last season. No he wasn't. In play offs against Olympiacos he had 2 absolutely crappy games, 1 decent and one good. In final 4 he was non-existant while run the floor "spreading the floor" for more than 20 minutes...Davies, Jankunas, Ulanovas, Pangos, Micic, White...all played bigger roles and was way more efficient, so how Milaknis was one of the key? This spreading the ball argument really transcendant it seems. And the problem is that Milaknis last season was way more efficient. Now he needs 27 minutes to generate his 7.8pts.
                  How is it the myth? Why do you mention only play off and final 4 games? There is a long regular season that is a core of the season. His 3pointers many times were breathly important and he shot them very solid (46%). By the way, he wasn't open all the times, there were hard triples as well. 2pt shots also were good (57%). I never liked this player but i was surprised how good he was from time to time. He was one of he key players last season - that's a fact.

I believe Grigonis could play more, but why is it about Milaknis? Grigonis is a new player and Milaknis is a part of Saras's system in a long run. He played in all EL games last season - it says a lot. Grigonis's playing time is more about not Milaknis, but another newcomer Wolters who is playing in Pangos's mod from the first game. I would like to see Birutis playing more and i believe he could do that but i understund that it's not an easy thing to do when every game can decide if it be play off games in the end.

Comment

Do you really try to compare 2017 and 2015? Come on, mate Of course he looked like crap last year, can't deny that, but those "few buckets" in 2015 helped us a lot to reach Olympics. Again, if Adomaitis can't see Milaknis in his plans and doesn't know (or doesn't see point) to use him the way Kazlas or Saras did/does, I'm fine if he won't take him to Beijing. It might be the same 2017 all over again then. But if it were up to me, I'll try to find a way to add Milaknis to NT schemes. We badly lack sharp shooters
                    I'm not against Milaknis in the NT. Specially when he's paired with Kalnietis at the backourt. When there's Lekavicius as a point guard NT would want to have a more creative SG next to him.

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                    How is it the myth? Why do you mention only play off and final 4 games? There is a long regular season that is a core of the season. His 3pointers many times were breathly important and he shot them very solid (46%). By the way, he wasn't open all the times, there were hard triples as well. 2pt shots also were good (57%). I never liked this player but i was surprised how good he was from time to time. He was one of he key players last season - that's a fact.
                    He was nothing but a role player. When there's at least 5 more important and efficient players on the team you can't be called as one of the key players.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• So tomorrow Adomaitis will announce the roster of upcoming window. Here's 2 names that I surely want to see there - Kulboka, Sirvydis. those 2 just have to be in if Adomaitis has any clue about the issues of NT and the future. Both, at least Sirvydis surely, has chances to play at 2. Position which is absolutely horrible at the moment. Both might be an NBA pedigree. After these 2 no brainers, I would love to see Jokubaitis and Jogela in. IMO, Jokubaitis is better than Velicka, but I wouldn't mind testing him also.

Most likely Adomaitis will go with the best team possible, but I hope that he at least won't fail to include Sirvydis and Kulboka because I think those belong to those best while NBA and EL players being left aside...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So tomorrow Adomaitis will announce the roster of upcoming window.

Most likely Adomaitis will go with the best team possible, but I hope that he at least won't fail to include Sirvydis and Kulboka because I think those belong to those best while NBA and EL players being left aside...
                        So I see that Gediminas Orelikas just went in for foot surgery again. That increases the probability of both Sirvydis and Kulboka being included on the team. Coach Adomaitis' selections might therefore look something like this with a blend of old and new (I hope):

Mantas Kalnietis (PG)
                        Paulius Valinskas (PG)
                        Renaldas Seibutis (SG)
                        Deividas Sirvydis (SG)
                        Arnoldas Kulboka (SF)
                        Rokas Giedraitis (SF)
                        Edgaras Želionis (PF)
                        Gytis Masiulis (PF, C)
                        Evaldas Kairys (C)
                        Darjuš Lavrinovič (C)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                          So I see that Gediminas Orelikas just went in for foot surgery again. That increases the probability of both Sirvydis and Kulboka being included on the team. Coach Adomaitis' selections might therefore look something like this with a blend of old and new (I hope):

Mantas Kalnietis (PG)
                          Paulius Valinskas (PG)
                          Renaldas Seibutis (SG)
                          Deividas Sirvydis (SG)
                          Arnoldas Kulboka (SF)
                          Rokas Giedraitis (SF)
                          Edgaras Želionis (PF)
                          Gytis Masiulis (PF, C)
                          Evaldas Kairys (C)
                          Darjuš Lavrinovič (C)
                          Somthing like this I guess. No Lavrinovic surely though.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• So here's Coach Adomaitis' preliminary list of fifteen candidates:

I'm a bit surprised by the presence of Martynas Echodas given his cruddy season to this point and veteran Jonas Mačiulis who opted not to participate in September. But the presence of Martinas Geben may be the biggest surprise of them all. Coach Adomaitis seems more inclined to experiment with young fellows among the bigs than in the guard slots this window.

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-14-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• So generally nothing new in Adomaitis' side. He went with any experienced scrub possible instead of testing some real talents who might lift NT to another level in upcoming years. Surely, to take some Vasiliauskas has a lot of meaning while we have eager young PGs as Velicka, Jokubaitis and such. No Sirvydis. Sure, Adomaitis is going after wins you know (I don't see any words by FIBA that those left games matters, how about you?).

Like it wouldn't be enough I have to say I don't see how Adomaitis improved since last season. I watched Rytas- Unics and I saw primitive BB with a lot of ISO plays, with little ball movement, he still has no sense for rotation and I'm noticing this not the first time. He got back to his old ways, cutting out Sirvydis from the starting line-up even if that was working perfectly, he minimized youngsters role. So all this going young had only to do with new Rytas policy, but when Adomaitis chair became hot, he got back to his natural "I'm riding to death all the old horses".

Summing up Adomaitis NT campaign - failure in 2017, conflict with one of the most talented players, inability to incorporate any youngsters, unconvincing wins against second rate teams (he was absolutely lost against Netherlands), media doesn't even ask uncomfortable question anymore...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Adomaitis is worse than Hitler, wake up sheeple
                                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information