2019 World Cup Qualifying Odyssey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    So latest news D-Mo in and Lekavicius might be in as well.
    How did you get the conclusion Pao will allow Lekavicius to play? Because there's no word about the local players here.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
      How did you get the conclusion Pao will allow Lekavicius to play? Because there's no word about the local players here.
      I didn't get to that conclusion. It's Eurohoops that says Efes, CSKA, Chimki, Maccabi and Pana considering to allow their players to play for national teams...
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

In top15 players Adomaitis named for games no euroleague players, no Motiejunas and no Gecevicius or other more or less as was predicted.

Starting 5 will look something like this: Juskevicius, Seibutis,Grigonis,Orelikas,K.Lavrinovic

In my eyes this 5 best players we can put up there.If our pgs wont be able to control the team, we can put Renaldas in Pg position and start any true Sf from those 3 we will have available.

From that list only about 3-4 players would make ltu real roster for tournament games.

More less we should be ok, team is strong enough.

Comment

So these fifteen players are to gather for "training camp" in Palanga on November 20th with a game in Kosovo scheduled on the 24th:

Hmmmmm. I'm a bit surprised not to see Tadas Sedekerskis and Martynas Echodas in place of Arnoldas Kulboka and Laurynas Birutis.

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-07-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Positions:

1 Horrible (zero creativity and defence, chucking fiesta). Oh, Vasiliauskas? Still crappy...
            2 Solid, better than we had in EB
            3 Meh, description of mediocrity, Kulboka intrigues though
            4 I'm listening. Stud veteran and chubby poor man's Kleiza ready to shoot the lights out
            5 Start Birutis and play him 40 minutes, otherwise I'm dying from boredom

PS: How is Cepukaitis better than Ehodas? Funniest thing I ever heard

Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

PS: How is Cepukaitis better than Ehodas? Funniest thing I ever heard
              Experience . One has more than the other . And that what counts when you have to play after a few days of training as a team .
              And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

So factoring experience into the equation, these are the players with previous Team Lietuva experience:

PG: Adas Juškevičius, Šarūnas Vasiliauskas
                SG: Marius Grigonis, Renaldas Seibutis
                SF: Deividas Gailius
                PF: Eimantas Bendžius, Kšyštof Lavrinovič
                C:

Adding the three players cut from last summer leaves the list as follows:

PG: Mindaugas Girdžiūnas, Adas Juškevičius, Šarūnas Vasiliauskas
                SG: Marius Grigonis, Renaldas Seibutis
                SF: Deividas Gailius, Rokas Giedraitis
                PF: Eimantas Bendžius, Kšyštof Lavrinovič
                C: Evaldas Kairys

Two more players, bigs actually, would therefore be needed. I'm guessing that Gediminas Orelikas is very likely to be one.

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-21-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

So Grigonis out, that sucks. Good thing that Seibutis is there. Sad that there won't be any friendly games. I would love to see Kulboka nailing threes and jamming in the fast brakes.

Since Grigonis is out, I see only Seibutis as NT member of all this group (and Kulboka in the future). That is B team so very much.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So Arnas Butkevičius should now look better for a slot on the final twelve man roster.

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-22-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                      So Arnas Butkevičius should now look better for a slot on the final twelve man roster.

This pic just shows how tall Kulboka is... Dude looks more like a man already.

Comment

Arnoldas Kulboka has certainly muscled up in the past year.

And I'm certainly glad that the team unveiled new uniforms for the competition. I'll forever associate the previous uniforms that had differing shades of green for the jerseys and the shorts with the very disappointing end results in the summers of 2016 and 2017.

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-23-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Must teams field the same twelve man roster for both games in the opening window?

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                            Must teams field the same twelve man roster for both games in the opening window?

No . All of them 14 players will travel to Kosovo

There will be all 14 appearances to arrive in Kosovo, but two of them will not be registered. "It does not matter if the player will be twelve or not. After the workout we will definitely decide on the composition. And for other matches with Poland we will be able to choose other basketball players ", commented D.Adomaitis.
                            And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Since Grigonis is out, I see only Seibutis as NT member of all this group (and Kulboka in the future). That is B team so very much.
                              I think you're being too quick to prejudge. We shall see.

In any event, here are the previous national team appearances by player:

Kšyštof Lavrinovič 10 (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014)
                              Renaldas Seibutis 5 (2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
                              Adas Juškevičius 3 (2014, 2016, 2017)
                              Šarūnas Vasiliauskas 1 (2014)
                              Deividas Gailius 1 (2015)
                              Eimantas Bendžius 1 (2017)

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-23-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Kulboka and Birutis will watch first game from sidelines
                                The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information