No announcement yet.

2019 World Cup Qualifying Odyssey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when Kavaliauskas was EVER a national team level player?
    I guess the overrating of Zalgiris players is still alive and kicking between lithuanian fans...a guy is a complete non-factor and a nobody on the highest level lmao

Comment

• Indeed, screw Kavaliauskas, I think Giedraitis could cover Valanciunas as stretch 5

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
        Indeed, screw Kavaliauskas, I think Giedraitis could cover Valanciunas as stretch 5
        Nah, man, Valanciunas needs no cover, even though Giedraitis is a heck of a stretch 4 and might even crack the rotation at 5, he's young anyway. JV is almighty (not like weeper Arvydas Sabonis), 6 times overlooked all star, he will cover position 5 by himself and will play some other positions if needed. Everyone who doesn't get it is a hater of JV and there's a bunch of those here because this place is packed by Zalgiris' homers and JV played for Rytas.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
          Nah, man, Valanciunas needs no cover, even though Giedraitis is a heck of a stretch 4 and might even crack the rotation at 5, he's young anyway. JV is almighty (not like weeper Arvydas Sabonis), 6 times overlooked all star, he will cover position 5 by himself and will play some other positions if needed. Everyone who doesn't get it is a hater of JV and there's a bunch of those here because this place is packed by Zalgiris' homers and JV played for Rytas.
          I see you learned a lot from supreme master, for me it's still long way to go, thnx for correcting me, I hope our deal leader won't bash me too much for my youthful mistakes. It so great that he takes time off from his high intelligence discussions with smurfs and unicorns and shares his wisdom with us, poor citizens of planet earth and IBN, what a privilege we have. Let's enjoy while it lasts

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            So you think Kavaliauskas out of sudden in a week lost all of his capabilities?
            No. "Sudden" is the wrong word. "Steadily" is a better one. Sadly there's been a steady deterioration in Kavaliauskas' play in the last few years.

LKL ------ GM -- MPG --- PPG --- REB --- EFF

2014-15 - 47 -- 19:25 - 12.6 --- 5.5 --- 17.4
            2015-16 - 40 -- 20.25 - 10.8 --- 4.3 --- 14.2
            2016-17 - 39 -- 12.55 -- 8.0 --- 3.4 ---- 9.5
            2017-18 - 46 -- 13:41 -- 7.4 --- 3.1 ---- 9.0
            2018-19 - 17 -- 14:00 -- 7.1 --- 2.6 ---- 8.1

Euroleague - GM -- MPG --- PPG --- REB --- EFF

2016-17 ---- 29 - 11:12 ---- 5.5 --- 2.7 ---- 5.0
            2017-18 ---- 36 - 12:42 ---- 5.7 --- 2.6 ---- 5.1
            2018-19 ---- 20 - 11:15 ---- 5.1 --- 2.5 ---- 5.4

Admittedly the decline is more evident in his LKL numbers, but I'm afraid that it's still there.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            Some Echodas, Kairys, Gebenas became better than him just cause Antanas didn't deliver against best team in Europe?
            No, but they may now be better than Kavaliauskas is right now since Father Time seems to have taken his toll on Kavaliauskas and the skills he brings to the court. Coach Adomaitis will need to make the call this summer.

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
            ... cause Antanas didn't deliver against best team in Europe?
            Since he couldn't deliver against Fenerbahce, does his capability of delivering against teams such as Australia, Canada and France this summer not concern you at all?

Comment

• Yep, Kavaliauskas' chances to play in EC'2001 are looking increasingly bleak
              The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• hmmm, I guess I need to apologize now for insulting the great Antanas Kavaliauskas and his horde of stans here...They love to stick JV's name to my face all the time, but when one of their beloved scrubs gets the dose of reality check, they start pouting and screaming like little upset kids Ok ok then, I take it back - Mr Hall of Fame candidate Kavaliauskas is a true stud and was ALWAYS one of the cornerstones of our NT. Better now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                  No. "Sudden" is the wrong word. "Steadily" is a better one. Sadly there's been a steady deterioration in Kavaliauskas' play in the last few years.

LKL ------ GM -- MPG --- PPG --- REB --- EFF

2014-15 - 47 -- 19:25 - 12.6 --- 5.5 --- 17.4
                  2015-16 - 40 -- 20.25 - 10.8 --- 4.3 --- 14.2
                  2016-17 - 39 -- 12.55 -- 8.0 --- 3.4 ---- 9.5
                  2017-18 - 46 -- 13:41 -- 7.4 --- 3.1 ---- 9.0
                  2018-19 - 17 -- 14:00 -- 7.1 --- 2.6 ---- 8.1

Euroleague - GM -- MPG --- PPG --- REB --- EFF

2016-17 ---- 29 - 11:12 ---- 5.5 --- 2.7 ---- 5.0
                  2017-18 ---- 36 - 12:42 ---- 5.7 --- 2.6 ---- 5.1
                  2018-19 ---- 20 - 11:15 ---- 5.1 --- 2.5 ---- 5.4

Admittedly the decline is more evident in his LKL numbers,
                  Not his LKL playoff numbers
                  The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• I'm staying with the idea that Janavičius should be a trong candidate to make 2019EC. We talk about 5th guard role, probably 5-10minutes per game in the tournament. He looks as fast, athletic and strong as ever and I think he's playing best basketball in his career. He's the quickest guard we have a long with Lekavičius, he produces very sharp bullet passes at offence, he will play defence like there's no tomorrow. That's the player who you want to throw in to guard Murray or Mills for some a stretch. He won't be soft on them, he will have chances to stay with them because of impressive feet work. Janavičius can get inside, he always was a strong slasher and I always thought he used it too little in his career. He may lack all around skills and talent, but he brought his physical talent to the PRO level. For a tough, knockout level type of games against Australia and Canada, I choose Janavičius instead of Juškevičius because the latter is instant liability at D and he doesn't provide facilitating, only streaky shooting. To me, Janavičius gutsy defence and some facilitating/slashing at O is better than Juškevičius soft defence and shooting.

I heard only Shaw's disagreement here. What others think about this idea?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I'm staying with the idea that Janavičius should be a trong candidate to make 2019EC. We talk about 5th guard role, probably 5-10minutes per game in the tournament. He looks as fast, athletic and strong as ever and I think he's playing best basketball in his career. He's the quickest guard we have a long with Lekavičius, he produces very sharp bullet passes at offence, he will play defence like there's no tomorrow. That's the player who you want to throw in to guard Murray or Mills for some a stretch. He won't be soft on them, he will have chances to stay with them because of impressive feet work. Janavičius can get inside, he always was a strong slasher and I always thought he used it too little in his career. He may lack all around skills and talent, but he brought his physical talent to the PRO level. For a tough, knockout level type of games against Australia and Canada, I choose Janavičius instead of Juškevičius because the latter is instant liability at D and he doesn't provide facilitating, only streaky shooting. To me, Janavičius gutsy defence and some facilitating/slashing at O is better than Juškevičius soft defence and shooting.

I heard only Shaw's disagreement here. What others think about this idea?
                      I haven't seen Janavicius play for a few years now to be honest with you...what is the current level he's playing at and what are his numbers/impact currently on the court?

Comment

• When we gonna play 2 centers and half court offence most of the time,we need players that can shoot after double teams.Janavicius don't fit our 2 bigs at all .Look where basketball is going on if you can't shoot you are more and more useless on highest level when defences toughest up in playoffs.Role players must be able at least to make wide open shots to stay on the floor.If you are average player and can't shoot you are going nwhere on high level basketball.I better take Milaknis/Juskevicius anyday in todays basketball atleast they are good fit with our two biggest stars for those 5-10minutes .

We have 2 bigs that we have to built team around them what fits them the best,not what has more sexier game to our tastes.

All those 10-12 players that maybe will make or not nt,I would be asking questions are they fitting with our best players or not as complimentary pieces .Either way defence will Seibutis/Grigonis job on elite guards not our 11-12 bench player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                          When we gonna play 2 centers and half court offence most of the time,we need players that can shoot after double teams.Janavicius don't fit our 2 bigs at all .Look where basketball is going on if you can't shoot you are more and more useless on highest level when defences toughest up in playoffs.Role players must be able at least to make wide open shots to stay on the floor.If you are average player and can't shoot you are going nwhere on high level basketball.I better take Milaknis/Juskevicius anyday in todays basketball atleast they are good fit with our two biggest stars for those 5-10minutes .

We have 2 bigs that we have to built team around them what fits them the best,not what has more sexier game to our tastes.

All those 10-12 players that maybe will make or not nt,I would be asking questions are they fitting with our best players or not as complimentary pieces .Either way defence will Seibutis/Grigonis job on elite guards not our 11-12 bench player.
                          You missed couple of things here. First, PG should facilitate and to be aggressive, slash in, go for a lay-up or a pass. Some-one has to create for those 2 bigs you know Janavičius shouldn't be a scorer (even though he shoots respectable thirty five %), he should facilitate people in all other positions and to be aggressive going to the basket once the play is broken.
                          Also you are overrating Juškevičius. How many points he scored against Autralia 2016? How many against Greece 2017? He yet never proved he can deliver against elite opponent in the real tournament (2014WC was a B level international tournament). Milaknis delivered in 2015 couple of big shots and I would trust him more than Juškevičius surely, but he's such a poor defender.
                          Lastly, you continuing to talk about offence (even though wrongly, because you need creative shooters these days, not simple shooters as Juskevicius and Milaknis) while we stand zero chance if we can't fix tough and respectable defence. That's the corner stone. Forget about offence if you don't have that, it's a sweep for us Offence comes from tough defence, you get some easy points in transition, you control, slow down the tempo of opponent which is the only way we can dig into the opponent and stand a chance to win.
                          To me Janavičius is way better fit because he complements the main priority - defence - and second most important - facilitating our star bigs. You can play Janavičius with Grigonis/Seibutis (no brainer) and even to go Janavičius with Kalnietis/Lekavičius (both can shoot and are a bit of combos anyway).

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                          Murauskas, Sirvydis
                          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• As for Milaknis ( a little addition), I would want him more if we had Kazlauskas or Saras as the coach. Now I don't want him because Adomaitis would use him in trivial way again (as he does with any player) and that would open defensive issues of Milas, and his shooting touch wouldn't be precisely utilized anyway.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                              I haven't seen Janavicius play for a few years now to be honest with you...what is the current level he's playing at and what are his numbers/impact currently on the court?
                              Žygimantas Janavičius currently has the leading Efficiency Rating of 16.18 in the LKL. His assists per game of 5.47 is behind only the 5.85 of Dovis Bičkauskis. Moreover his play has improved over the last few weeks and he absolutely destroyed Žalgiris with 20 points, 10 assists and an Efficiency Rating of 31 in 29 minutes of play yesterday.

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                              For a tough, knockout level type of games against Australia and Canada, I choose Janavičius instead of Juškevičius because the latter is instant liability at D and he doesn't provide facilitating, only streaky shooting. To me, Janavičius gutsy defence and some facilitating/slashing at O is better than Juškevičius soft defence and shooting.
                              I'd lean toward choosing Žygimantas Janavičius for his tough gutsy defence and facilitating skills over Lukas Lekavičius right now. At only 1.83 metres and 76 kilograms, Lekavičius lacks the size to have any chance against Australia's and Canada's bigger guards. He'll be physically dominated on defence. That's something Coach Kazlauskas learned about Lekavičius in 2016 once the real games began. At 1.93 metres and 85 kilograms, Janavičius has better size for a PG these days.

Last edited by Hepcat; 05-01-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

As for Milaknis ( a little addition), I would want him more if we had Kazlauskas or Saras as the coach.
                                I just wouldn't want Artūras Milaknis this year period. (Well maybe in the stands....) His play this year has been simply mediocre in whatever league. In 22:38 minutes per Euroleague game, his Efficiency averaged 5.3. In 20:13 minutes per LKL game, his Efficiency has averaged 5.8. He's a very one-dimensional sniper whose shooting is past its peak.

Last edited by Hepcat; 05-01-2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information