Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 World Cup Qualifying Odyssey!

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Here's one of Lith BB portals prediction of the NT roster in upcoming WC qualification:

PG: Juskevicius, Girdziunas
    SG: Seibutis, Grigonis, Gecevicius
    SF: Gailius, Giedraitis
    PF: Orelikas, Bendzius
    C: E.Kairys, K. Lavrinovic, M. Sajus

Solid prediction, but I remember very well Adomaitis talked with Delininkaitis and I believe he is still better offensive player than both Juskevicius and Girdziunas. The problem is we don't have a single PG who can guard any-one. Maybe against second tier NT it will be enough, but it's an open hole in contemporary BB. Seibutis and Grigonis at 2 is a very nice and solid duet for such event.

Gailius seems to be in a good shape at the moment, so I agree that he probably should start at 3. I would consider Sedekerskis here as well because I think he's already better defender than Giedraitis (IMO, no brainer) and maybe even a bot better than Gailius.

Orelikas is a solid option, he can score at will against second tier opposition. Bendzius? Well hopefully it's correct decision as a short term option, but i would see much more sense integrating one of Sedekerskis/Ehodas here as I think all 3 are more or less at the same level already. But since Adomaitis warmed up Bendzius now he will use him inevitably (some-one who wouldn't be so concerned with short term result alone would make different move here, I'm pretty sure).

Center position is crappy to be honest. Ok, Kristof is no-brainer still best option here, maybe Darjus is available as well? But we don't have a single stud which we could trust even for such competition. Both Kairys and Sajus are mediocre at best. If we at least could throw Gudaitis or Kavaliauskas, that would be solid. Now this position sucks, IMO.

Overall I see a lot of scoring power in all positions except 5, but defensively this team would suck at EB level...hopefully it will be more than enough to qualify to WC,
    How about Egidijus Mockevičius for the PF slot? I see he's signed on with Rytas.

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-15-2019, 01:28 PM.

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
    How about Egidijus Mockevičius for the PF slot? I see he's signed on with Rytas.

Why do you treat him as PF? He's a center. And I was about to mention him when I remembered him since he signed with Rytas. Should be better than Kairys and Sajus, IMO. Hard to say though, he dominated only NCAA, in NBA summer league was decent at times. Surely would be interesting to see him playing.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      Why do you treat him as PF? He's a center.
      I find it tough to get my head around these modern day centers who aren't even 210 cm. tall, but I suppose I'll have to learn since Martynas Sajus, Evaldas Kairys, Domantas Sabonis, Antanas Kavaliauskas and Artūras Gudaitis all fail to clear this bar.

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-20-2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I find it tough to get my head around these modern day centers who aren't even 210 cm. tall, but I suppose I'll have to learn since Martynas Sajus, Evaldas Kairys, Domantas Sabonis, Antanas Kavaliauskas and Artūras Gudaitis all fail to clear this bar.
        Well, Sabonis is a 4/5 tweener. All others are true centers. I'm a bit disappointed we have to discuss such level players as Kairys and Sajus when we speak about NT though. Despite the fact we grabbed 3 medal collections in 10's and had some very decent chances to grab even more (2011, 2014, 2017), 10's has been rough talent wise so far. Real decadence compared to 00's. Hopefully it's temporary and we'll bounch back with way more talented teams. (I mean we don't have a single SG who could be an average Euroleague player, Seibutis and Grigonis are below average, when the last time we had situation like that...).

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Scenario B. With EL players I would like to see such team:

Lekavicius, Kalnietis
          Seibutis, Grigonis, Valinskas*
          Ulanovas, Maciulis
          Jankunas, D-Mo**, Ehodas
          Gudaitis, Kavaliauskas

* I focused on Valainskas game recently and I dear to say one thing - he is already a better defender than Kalnietis, Juskevicius (let alone Gecas and Milas). He's not at the level of Lekavicius, Seibutis, Grigonis, but he may easily be the best 4th defensive guard at the moment. That said I want him in the roster since players like Juskevicius on those do or die games can't bring things on the table and the importance of the defensive presence massively increases. Besides, Valinskas is the future and players like Juskevicius, Milaknis are not...

** If D-Mo would come would be nice because he's getting into shape and might even be the best player, but if not I would invite Orelikas. Watching how Ehodas dominates I don't really see a point to go with Bendzius, but I'm afraid Adomaitis will proudly take him knowing that he didn't even include Ehodas to extended preliminary roster before Eurobasket.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Juskevicius,Girdziunas
            Seibutis,Grigonis,Gecevicius
            Giedraitis,Gailius
            Orelikas,Bendzius
            Ksistof,Kairys

There is even chance see Kalnietis and Maciulis helping, because its seems they are not needed for their teams anymore and there is chance they will be allowed to help nt team.

Team will look similiar to that, and they should qualife without to much problems to WC.

Comment

Both Maciulis and Kalnietis should be trying to get to other clubs, where they are needed.

Comment

Seems like D-Mo might be available. No games in the schedule.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Motiejunas will not be allowed to play in qualification games by chinas club,they dont wanna risk they most paid player.

Šandongo „Golden Stars“ komanda neleis Donatui Motiejūnui per pirmąjį FIBA „langą“ prisijungti prie Lietuvos vyrų rinktinės.Portalas „24sek.lt“ skelbia, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                    Motiejunas will not be allowed to play in qualification games by chinas club,they dont wanna risk they most paid player.

http://www.sportas.lt/naujiena/24128...uvos-rinktines
                    Not disappointed at all. Dude needs time to get his shit together.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      Juskevicius,Girdziunas
                      Seibutis,Grigonis,Gecevicius
                      Giedraitis,Gailius
                      Orelikas,Bendzius
                      Ksistof,Kairys

There is even chance see Kalnietis and Maciulis helping, because its seems they are not needed for their teams anymore and there is chance they will be allowed to help nt team.

Team will look similiar to that, and they should qualife without to much problems to WC.
                      So any more preliminary guesses as to the composition of the roster for the game with Kosovo? When and where are the Lithuanian players scheduled to assemble for the first practice anyway?

Comment

So any more preliminary guesses as to the composition of the roster for the game with Kosovo? When and where are the Lithuanian players scheduled to assemble for the first practice anyway?

Good to see you guys are just as confused as us.
                        We know nothing. No 24 man player pool - no speculation from anyone in the media, nothing. The first game is 3 weeks out.

What a mess.

Comment

There is a prieliminary list, but as always it doesn't make any real sense (it's just FIBA rule) - i don't know why people are waiting for this. It always has nothing to do with the final team it will be: there aren't any unaxpected names (even if they are they won't be in the final roster for sure), there are players that won't be able to play by 99% and the list still can be added.

Likus trims savaitėms iki pasaulio čempionato atrankos rungtynių su Kosovo ir Lenkijos komandomis, Lietuvos vyrų krepšinio rinktinės treneris Dainius Adomaitis paskelbė 24 kandidatų sąrašą, kurie gali būti kviečiami į pirmąjį atrankos ciklą.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
                            Good to see you guys are just as confused as us.
                            Confusion is our specialty here.

Last edited by Hepcat; 11-08-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

So latest news D-Mo in and Lekavicius might be in as well.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information