Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit offtopic but can any Latvian help me

What is this hall called? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEwcNpywmSo
    And this hall too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSreO...ature=related?

Would be very grateful to person who would end my agony by answering this question.
    Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Just few minutes ago a match between Žalgiris and Kalev/Cramo finished and a team from Kaunas managed to loose to estonians at home 91-92. Popovič has missed a free throw that could bring the game to the overtime. Congrads to estonian fans.

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas
        Just few minutes ago a match between Žalgiris and Kalev/Cramo finished and a team from Kaunas managed to loose to estonians at home 91-92. Popovič has missed a free throw that could bring the game to the overtime. Congrads to estonian fans.
        Actually, some sources say that BBL Online was wrong and Kalev lost by 1 point - 91-90.

Most dissapointing thing is that BBL Online is even more pointless than Euroleague online. What's the point of ''online broadcast'' if it doesn't let you observe first half and from the second half it shows you the wrong score.

Congratulations to Zalgiris and it's fans.
        Last edited by Demarr; 11-18-2007, 04:20 PM.
        Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Zalgiris won 91-90.The score was 90-90 with 2 seconds left,then Reed(?) fouled Popovic who stepped to the line.He made the 1st one and missed 2nd one on purpose.Popo made 6/10 three pointer.Michael Bradley was very good again with 11 points 9 rebounds but got injured in the last quarter,and it seems that its pretty serious.He was helped off the field by his teammates.
          I hope this injury is not too serious,we really,really need him now with Eurelijus out and no T.
          ZALIAI BALTAS

Comment

good game
            Kalev has rely started playing good lately, i think they should have taken it easy today with Zalgiris and save energy for tuesday vs G.Canaria but hopefully they can handle it. I wonder whay Arbet didnt play... hopefully hes not injured, cause we need him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo
              Zalgiris won 91-90.The score was 90-90 with 2 seconds left,then Reed(?) fouled Popovic who stepped to the line.He made the 1st one and missed 2nd one on purpose.Popo made 6/10 three pointer.Michael Bradley was very good again with 11 points 9 rebounds but got injured in the last quarter,and it seems that its pretty serious.He was helped off the field by his teammates.
              I hope this injury is not too serious,we really,really need him now with Eurelijus out and no T.

At the end, Popovic was surrounded by Kangur and Reed and refrees saw foul there. Anyway it was really good game and Kalev started playing very good lately (wins over ASVEL and Panionios, close loss to Zalgiris).
              Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Kalev lost to Barons 87-88... not going to say anything about the referees as every knows in BBL home team, home referees and more times than not in a close game they do everything to help the home team win, only time it goes differently is with a lucky last sec shot.

Comment

http://etvsport.ee/index.php?0&popup=video&id=5051 - everyone can decide, whether there was a foul or not.
                  Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                    Kalev lost to Barons 87-88... not going to say anything about the referees as every knows in BBL home team, home referees and more times than not in a close game they do everything to help the home team win, only time it goes differently is with a lucky last sec shot.
                    Oh shit don't tell me
                    If there is a game in Estonia or in Lithuania against Siauliai for Latvian teams and we lose it by a small margin everyone here says that home referees are guilty. Ok, maybe and just maybe It's truth in this case too as in others and I agree something should be done about it, anyway Barons as always got themselves into deep shit, they were playing good until some last minutes and then... OK

Comment

Originally posted by Demarr
                      Bit offtopic but can any Latvian help me

What is this hall called? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEwcNpywmSo
                      And this hall too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSreO...ature=related?

Would be very grateful to person who would end my agony by answering this question.
                      It's the same old Daugavas sporta nams, ASK play there when they can't play in Arena Riga. Before Olympic center Riga (Barons play there when they can't play in Arena, also VEF Riga) and Arena Riga was built, many games of Latvian basketball in Riga were played there.

Comment

corrupt referees

The problem in BBL for Estonian teams, is that while Estonian referees try to whistle honestly (although sometimes their level is not that good) than Latvian and Lithuanian referees are way more likely to whistle the way their own countrymen want.
                        Last year Estonian referee whistled a very questionable foul against best Estonian player Martin Muursepp in last seconds Rock-Panevezhys game, when Rock was leading by one in the most critical game of the season. Because of this honest whistling Rock was out of the playoffs. Never seen or heard such thing happened in Latvia/Lithuania with their referees.

It's the same with police. Several foreigners have told me, that they've had no problem bribing Latvian and Lithuanian police for 10-20 euros, but Estonian police is tough like Germany's and some got into big trouble because of bribery. and it was big surprise, cause they thought, coming from south, that all Baltic countries are similar. Well they're not.

worldaudit.org shows, while Estonia is quite not corruptionfree yet, it's way ahead of southern neighbours.

Last edited by Richey666; 11-28-2007, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richey666
                          The problem in BBL for Estonian teams, is that while Estonian referees try to whistle honestly (although sometimes their level is not that good) than Latvian and Lithuanian referees are way more likely to whistle the way their own countrymen want.
                          Last year Estonian referee whistled a very questionable foul against best Estonian player Martin Muursepp in last seconds Rock-Panevezhys game, when Rock was leading by one in the most critical game of the season. Because of this honest whistling Rock was out of the playoffs. Never seen or heard such thing happened in Latvia/Lithuania with their referees.

It's the same with police. Several foreigners have told me, that they've had no problem bribing Latvian and Lithuanian police for 10-20 euros, but Estonian police is tough like Germany's and some got into big trouble because of bribery. and it was big surprise, cause they thought, coming from south, that all Baltic countries are similar. Well they're not.

worldaudit.org shows, while Estonia is quite not corruptionfree yet, it's way ahead of southern neighbours.

http://www.worldaudit.org/corruption.htm
                          In my opinion, the police was wrong example. It got nothing to do with the basketball, or does it?
                          Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Estonian sport channel ''Kalev Sport'' will show live Rock - Rytas game on saturday.
                            Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Originally posted by Demarr
                              Estonian sport channel ''Kalev Sport'' will show live Rock - Rytas game on saturday.
                              not live, recorded i am afraid. game starts 4pm, says BBL.net , Kalev Sport shows it 7 pm.

Comment

Say it to Barons and Ventspils fans after their games against Siauliai at home when both teams had to win the games comfortably and were leading by +7 to +10 but lost in the last seconds with -1. Some said after that game that Latvian referees help everybody except Latvian clubs. Of course, Estonians have the right to say otherwise after such a game like Barons- Kalev.

I can't say bad things about Estonian referees, the worst ones are in Lithuania as Latvians think (not about the professionalism of them but somehow playing in Klaipeda or Siauliai you get either unexplainable offensive fouls (this year Siaulia at home vs Valmiera) or you shoot 15 free throws when your opposition sth like 40 (some years ago important overtime game in Klaipeda vs Valmiera when at the end Valmiera won it and Vairogs scored I think little over 40 or sth in the process) .

Barons, Ventspils last home games vs Siauliai as I said.

Well, you have very honest and corruption free blood brothers and neighbors like Finland as an example to keep on the right track

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information