Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBL (Baltic Basketball League) Official Thread 2007/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Basket_
    Zalgiris, in Riga without T.Beard won against Barons 102:80 (21:19, 21:24, 25:12, 35:25)

here's box score:
    http://www.bbl.net/index.php/ZnVzZWF...dfaWQ9MTA1Mw==
    Barons buy good player, they have moneys, but everyone after this game see that they are not so strong - defeat with Zalgris, who play without Beard that's sound not good for future Bad info, because I like this time - in Barons play players who was very close with Poland - Skele, Adomaitis, Hlebowicki, Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIPeurobasket
    Barons buy good player, they have moneys, but everyone after this game see that they are not so strong - defeat with Zalgris, who play without Beard that's sound not good for future Bad info, because I like this time - in Barons play players who was very close with Poland - Skele, Adomaitis, Hlebowicki, Stewart
    Two days after this game they lost to ASK Riga in LBL game by 99:100 in overtime (These two teams can't win either without an overtime or with higher margin than +1 and this time there were both cases). I still think that referees helped ASK to win the game but ok). In my opinion when they'll play more games and get used to each other (because team is practically new, diferent from the last season, different players, different game strategy) the results will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILIPeurobasket
    Yes, losing to Zalgiris bad news for Barons... Zalgiris almost always plays its BBL games without some major players and Beard's absense is nothing so important in a Barons game..

Default ...

www.takeforum.com/bbl

a new Basketball baltic league forum - made by WindCliff (Estonia). This forum created today - everybody join please

Kalev is trialing Slovenian power forward Igor Jokic. He haven't impressed me so far. Jokic looks very slow and against Pärnu (one of the weakest teams in KML) he scored only 2 points and got fouled out.
    Nate Johnson is also on trial-period. He plays both, pointguard and shootguard spot. He made it to the LA Lakers, but got released soon. He got earlier experience of playing in Europe. In 2005-2006 season he played in SerieA for Cantu. He had 8.3 ppg, 2.1 apg and 2.5 spg. After that he played in USA leagues like USBL.

In few weeks Estonians own sport channel will start working, named Kalev Sport.
    That means more basketball for us

Quote Originally Posted by Demarr
    In few weeks Estonians own sport channel will start working, named Kalev Sport.
    That means more basketball for us
    Luckily in Latvia this year the broadcaster is LTV7 so we'll see lot more games, even those played during the primetime for tv's. Today it was ASK-Barons, two days later- Ventspils- LR
    About today's game- ASK-Barons 77:62, both teams had a lot of mistakes but Barons were worse in shooting, terrible percentage so the loss, could not be so heavy if not the last minute's trying to save the game that couldn't result in anything good for Barons. Gustas plays terrible even for Barons at the moment, Skele played with injury, Alexander looked better today but still not that good, Adomaitis for a change played well too but defense is still his weak point (don't know why), for ASK Valters and Millage were flying, as well as Broyles. If they continue to play like now, they could be trouble for Zalgiris or LR too. Barons still need to improve their game. I hope they'll improve it!

Can somebody give me some information about the game of Vladimir Stimac? His stats are great for a player that is 20 years old. He played well against the big teams in this league. So perhaps somebody who watched him playing this year can write something about him.

BC Kalev signed Croatian player Mateo Kedžo.

2006/2007 - KK Split - NLB League: 26 games: 15.1 ppg (2PT 59.7%, 3PT 40%, FT 89.1%), 4.4 rpg, 0.7 apg, 1.1 spg, idx. 15.7; 29:38 mpg. CRO A-1 League Stage 2: 14 games: 8.1 ppg (2PT 56.9%, 3PT 36%, FT 87.5%), 4 rpg, 0.6 apg, 1.1 spg; 22:49 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Buducnost PG
    Can somebody give me some information about the game of Vladimir Stimac? His stats are great for a player that is 20 years old. He played well against the big teams in this league. So perhaps somebody who watched him playing this year can write something about him.
    He's surely talanted player. Main force for Valmiera team. He belongs to Zalgiris so probably next year he'll be playing for them if not go to NBA draft. He's a great rebounder and big threat under the basket. Not very tall as a center but quick, massive and aggresive. Today he played against another good big man- Brian Cusworth from Rock and he did a great job neutralising him, he wasn't that good today but neither was Cusworth too. Anyway Tartu Rock won 83:69

Barons won Ventspils today too in a close game. Finally some improvement from rather dissapointing team so far. They have won last two games and next they play against Rytas so I don't think 3rd victory in a row will come to them in Baltic League but anyway, some improvement. Alexander starts to show some of his best quality, Ventspils tried to stop Skele today but he scored 15 points anyway, Berzins was a key factor in this game with important three pointer in the end of the game and then two subsequent blockshots that eliminated even the smallest hopes of Ventspils to win the game. As for Ventspils, one of the worst seasons so far, maybe even not because they are so weak but because of Baltic (and Latvian) level of basketball which is increasing. Now we see teams that do not play in Baltic Elite division giving hard times to teams like Ventspils and ASK in Latvian League. So it's not like Baltic League is the only challenge our teams face this year. I think, two teams in LBL are already slightly better or the same level as Valmiera.

Stimac does have a lot of potential to be great in Europe but i think hes a little short for hes position to make it in NBA.
    I expected more from him against Tartu Rock but Rock did theyr homework and shut him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    Stimac does have a lot of potential to be great in Europe but i think hes a little short for hes position to make it in NBA.
    I expected more from him against Tartu Rock but Rock did theyr homework and shut him down.
    Well, he was playing against Cusworth. ASK Riga or Rytas also have good centers but they didn't concentrate on him so much because these are teams of different class. And only Stimac and Bankevics can score regularly and big for Valmiera and Rock really did a great job shutting them down

Kalev/Cramo signed Howard Frier (193:G). Last year he played for Polpak Swiecie (POL-DBL) where his stats were 8.7ppg, 2.5rpg, 3.1apg, 1.6spg.
    In 2005-2006 season he played for Kalev, so fans know him very well.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XCbhh41va8)
    The contract with Mateo Kedzo is also signed and the Croatian player is in very good physical shape.
    Last edited by Demarr; 10-30-2007 at 11:30 AM.

Kedžo is a steal for a team like BC Kalev/Cramo. I really like him, huge body, can play inside but also has some nice shooting touch, all what needs is a bit more experience.

How long did Kalev/Cramo sign him for?

It should be 1 year contract, but im not sure. Frier and Kedžo should play today in BBL match vs Neptunas. Kalev finally found themselves a right guy after Vladimir Vuksanovic got injured and Igor Jokic turned out to be a real disaster.

Kalev made me sweat again We were -17 behind and lost halftime 43-30. I don't know what Veselin Matic told to the players, but second half we really geared up. We managed to beat Neptunas and the final score was 83-73. Once again I had to admit myself that there's only one Travis Reed - he had perfect night today with 26 points and 10 rebounds.
    Mateo Kedžo had fairly good debut - 17 points (3pts 7/4). The team defence isn't still working as it should be, it is really worrying me because next week we have to face Panionios in ULEB Cup. I still don't like Marlon Parmer, he just isn't typical pointguard. He started the game, but after 6 minutes he got benched and didn't play. I think that the team plays better without him than with him.

Some moments of todays game - http://213.35.156.10/etv/30102007_kalev_neptunas.wmv
    Last edited by Demarr; 10-31-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Kalev rely is strugling right now they won today but the gameplay was very bad. Without Kedzos 3 pointers in 1st half i think Kalev wouldnt have been abel to stay close enough to comeback and win. I would still prefere that he spend more time under the basket than the 3pnt line tho.
    Marlon Parmer is almost useless he dribbles all the time, takes an amazingly long time to cross halfway line and makes idiotic decisions. He may have some use as a sub to come in and just run at opponents, get them to make fouls but he should never be used as a PG.
    Unless Kalev improves at a very fast rate i dont see them having any chance 1st ULEB game

Brian Cusworth (Rock),Travis Reed (Kalev/Cramo), Vladimir Stimac (Valmiera), Armands Skele (Barons/LMT), Dwayne Broyles (ASK Riga), Paulius Jankunas (Žalgiris), Matthew Nielsen (Lietuvos Rytas) and Antonio Grant (Šiauliai) are BBL candidates for Player of the Month.

Quote Originally Posted by Demarr
    Brian Cusworth (Rock),Travis Reed (Kalev/Cramo), Vladimir Stimac (Valmiera), Armands Skele (Barons/LMT), Dwayne Broyles (ASK Riga), Paulius Jankunas (Žalgiris), Matthew Nielsen (Lietuvos Rytas) and Antonio Grant (Šiauliai) are BBL candidates for Player of the Month.
    Altough i wish Paulius Jankunas would win it,Vladimir Stimac is the one who deserves it the most to be honest,he has been incredible for Valmiera so far

Quote Originally Posted by Mayo
    Altough i wish Paulius Jankunas would win it,Vladimir Stimac is the one who deserves it the most to be honest,he has been incredible for Valmiera so far
    I'd go for Šķēle (if Barons would've won Neptunas what they simply NEEDED to do) because he is a great player but it's the team that's not that great to give him additional honor.

I'd go for Paulius Jankunas. 1) His shooting been almost perfect (2pts - 77.3%; 3pts - 80%; FT - 100&). 2) His team been very successful (3 wins out of 3 games). 3) His other stats are very good aswell.
    Stimac been playing very well too, but I believe it is easier to score for Valmiera than Zalgiris. So again, I'd pick Jankunas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast