Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest European player ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmt
    What about Nick Galis?

He took Greece ti their first European title in EuroBasket ever almost single handedly defeating the Sabonis lead Soviet Union and scored 40 points in the final. In the four EuroBaskets and one World Championship he participated he was the leading scorer. He won one EuroBasket Gold, One Silver, numerous Greek Cups and Korac Cups. His scoring average was over 30 points where ever he went in every season. He was a superb player in the NCAA too
    Nikos Galis never won a international title with his club. Aris won the Korac Cup in 97 and Galis stopped playing 95. In 93 Aris won the Saporta Cup but before this season Galis leaves the club and went to PAO.

And one mor thing. Sabonis was injured in the year 87 and was not playing at the Eurobasket.

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
      Nikos Galis never won a international title with his club. Aris won the Korac Cup in 97 and Galis stopped playing 95. In 93 Aris won the Saporta Cup but before this season Galis leaves the club and went to PAO.

And one mor thing. Sabonis was injured in the year 87 and was not playing at the Eurobasket.
      sorry my mistake. He did however lead Greece to wins over great nations like USSR AND Yugoslavia

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
        check this out

This is a video of the semifinal between U.S.S.R. and Greece back in 1989 in Zagreb, for the european championship! The final score was USSR-Greece 80-81. Th...

YouTube - Galis vs Sabonis (eurobasket 1989 semifinal)

NICK GALIS - THE GREEK GOD OF BASKETBALL

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
        Last edited by Joško Poljak Fan; 09-28-2007, 06:02 PM.
        http://www.youtube.com/Skatastamoutrasas

Comment

Originally posted by dmt
          What about Nick Galis?
          I lost a bigger part of my nerve cells because of him, but I can fully agree - for me Galis is one of the very best european players. His play was simply amazing.

Comment

Nick Galis is the best. In scoring issues NONE can compete with him, even Nowitzi or Petrovic.

Comment

Originally posted by Euroleague
              Nick Galis is the best. In scoring issues NONE can compete with him, even Nowitzi or Petrovic.
              If you include a South American, Galis has lots of competition!!
              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair
                If you include a South American, Galis has lots of competition!!
                Óscar Schmidt is no doubt the best scorer ever
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by dmt
                  well? Galis? Bodiroga? Petrovic? Sabonis?

What about the best euro player right now?
                  Dirk Nowitzki is the first European-born player to win the 2006-07 NBA MVP Award, was there any who came close enough ? I guess, he's the best european ballplayer ever for now... The NBA is the most competitive and the best professional basketball league in the world and no other. Award given to Nowitzki is proof enough.

Comment

Who is the greatest European player ever?

Chris Webber

Comment

Originally posted by dreamwalker
                      Dirk Nowitzki is the first European-born player to win the 2006-07 NBA MVP Award, was there any who came close enough ? I guess, he's the best european ballplayer ever for now... The NBA is the most competitive and the best professional basketball league in the world and no other. Award given to Nowitzki is proof enough.
                      that would be a US kind of thinking..
                      but what about the european players before Dirk in NBA?
                      they were the ones to change the NBA policy and they were the one who gave Dirk a chance.
                      Sabonis, Petrovic, Divac, Schrempf, Kukoc etc.
                      for me Dirk will never be the best european player ever..
                      wanna know why?
                      he never played an important role in Europe..
                      most of other great european names who played in NBA first proved themselves in Europe by winning numerous titles..
                      Kukoc for example won almost everything possible..and eventhough I don't like his personality for me he will always be a better player then Nowitzki and he still won't be the best european player ever..
                      by playing and winning in Europe those players prove their possibility to adapt on different styles..
                      Dirk never did that..
                      and until he wins a ring he doesn't deserve to be called a best european player ever..
                      hell he doesn't deserve to be called a best european player in 2006/2007 season for that matter..
                      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
                        that would be a US kind of thinking..
                        but what about the european players before Dirk in NBA?
                        they were the ones to change the NBA policy and they were the one who gave Dirk a chance.
                        Sabonis, Petrovic, Divac, Schrempf, Kukoc etc.
                        for me Dirk will never be the best european player ever..
                        wanna know why?
                        he never played an important role in Europe..
                        most of other great european names who played in NBA first proved themselves in Europe by winning numerous titles..
                        Kukoc for example won almost everything possible..and eventhough I don't like his personality for me he will always be a better player then Nowitzki and he still won't be the best european player ever..
                        by playing and winning in Europe those players prove their possibility to adapt on different styles..
                        Dirk never did that..
                        and until he wins a ring he doesn't deserve to be called a best european player ever..
                        hell he doesn't deserve to be called a best european player in 2006/2007 season for that matter..
                        God damn it! Read my lips, Croat! SARUNAS MARCIULIONIS! and V. DIVAC was pioneers of NBA from Europe. Who was the ones who braked the walls of NBA? Sabonis, Schrempf...? Sobinis gone to NBA maybe in 1995 (unfortunately) and Schrempf (?), maybe, but he moved to US when he was child and as bball player he grew up in US. And i realy don't like the fact that Marciulionis is discount in European bball history, imho, he wasn't worse than Petrovic, maybe, even better. He was the most physically powerful guard even in NBA, i guess. And many times he was better that Sabas, but always was in the shadow of him.
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
                          Who was the ones who braked the walls of NBA? Sabonis, Schrempf...?
                          Gloushkov

Comment

ofcourse SARAS
                            1st in IBN 2018-2019
                            2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                            2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                            1st in IBN 2014-2015
                            2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                            2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                            2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                            3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                            1st in IBN 2008-2009
                            2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                            https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                            @RankingsSport

Comment

Dirk Nowitzki , of course, no comparison really.

I would say that Drazen Petrovic and Arvidas Sabonis are next.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
                                God damn it! Read my lips, Croat! SARUNAS MARCIULIONIS! and V. DIVAC was pioneers of NBA from Europe.
                                that's the reason why I wrote etc. 'cause I couldn't remember all of them..
                                late KreÅ¡imir Čosić as one of best yugoslavian players ever could have left a huge mark in NBA but he chosed to come back to Europe instead..
                                there are many examples, but the fact of the matter is that Dirk would have never had a chance to become MVP if it wasn't for the european players in 90's who were better players then Dirk is..
                                but it was too soon for them to take that award..
                                but at the end that reward doesn't mean anything...
                                Parker's NBA final MVP is a reward that should be admired 'cause he won NBA ring and a personal award..
                                Dirk won nothing..
                                unfortunately for him they are not giving rewards for "best bricks when it matters" or rewards for "best freezes" etc.
                                "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information