Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest European player ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
    Djordjevic over Marciulionis really? Your list have too much former jugoslavian player,you are not objective.They played in same era and Djordjevici never was considered better than Marciulionis atleast i never heard of that.Together with Petrovic Marciulionis in very early 90s shown americans that european guards can play...averaging over 15pts in early 90s nba where it was like 5 european in entire league playing its was like now 25pts when there is like 80 europeans in nba.Yes Detlef Srempf do not get deserved credit,just because he was very rare guest in fiba competions,but in his best days in early 90s he was best europes SF.
    you have a point with him, for moment I forgot he existed. Maybe I cold include Schrempf and Smits too. I loved Schrempf matchups with Toni. And Navarro at SG. But that is not the point

But between him and Djordjevic it's close fight in my opinion. And Djordjevic is one of players I hated most
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
      Also if we are talking about forgotten guys, Rik Smits was an excellent NBA starting center for more than a decade..
      Great observation on Smits. He was such an offensive weapon especially in the mid 1990’s. He probably doesn’t ge brought up a lot due to his Dutch background which lacks basketball pedigree and the fact that he was a poor rebounder and defender. But offensively he had elite skills including excellent touch up to 15 feet and a great aresenal of low post moves.
      At 7 feet 4 and those offensive skills he was a nightmare to defend for some of the greats of his era including Shaq and Patrick Ewing. As I mentioned the problem was he was not good on the boards or on the other end and rarely could stay on court in big games for more than 35 minutes. But offensively he was a load to handle and I always thought of him as a poor man’s Kevin McHale.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Greatest Europen player in the making is Luka Doncic. That’s if he make some noise in NBA...

Comment

• In first row Djordjevic,Galis,Kukoc,Sabonis then Petrovic,Kicanovic,Cosic,Meneghin,Belov,Berkowitz, Bodiroga .

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemanja View Post
            In first row Djordjevic,Galis,Kukoc,Sabonis then Petrovic,Kicanovic,Cosic,Meneghin,Belov,Berkowitz, Bodiroga .
            Cool story Bro.
            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
            Buzelis, Lelevicius
            Murauskas, Sirvydis
            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Any list that doesn’t include Nowitzki who has had the greatest club career by any European in history or Pau Gasol who has had the greatest national team career by any European in history is absurd.
              Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Petrovic, Sabonis or Nowitzki...impossible to decide.

My heart says Petrovic, though.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information