No announcement yet.

Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While there is historical reason why we should temper expectation of fil-foreigners. especially with a number of failures like Lutz and Ellis, there is also good basis to make projections on the worst and best case scenarios of prospects like Martin and AJ. To not make those projections because of previous bust isn't what scouts are paid to do. they're paid to find and identify prospects they feel will be game changers. And to me while obviously I can be wrong , i'm willing to make my bet on Remy Martin and AJ Edu that they will be the future of Philippine basketball. Yes I know i stand the chance of getting it wrong , but I'd rather put my eggs with them if I had to make a choice rather than the other prospects. I've seen enough to take that gamble regardless of their age.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      While there is historical reason why we should temper expectation of fil-foreigners. especially with a number of failures like Lutz and Ellis, there is also good basis to make projections on the worst and best case scenarios of prospects like Martin and AJ. To not make those projections because of previous bust isn't what scouts are paid to do. they're paid to find and identify prospects they feel will be game changers. And to me while obviously I can be wrong , i'm willing to make my bet on Remy Martin and AJ Edu that they will be the future of Philippine basketball. Yes I know i stand the chance of getting it wrong , but I'd rather put my eggs with them if I had to make a choice rather than the other prospects. I've seen enough to take that gamble regardless of their age.
      same. i have higher hopes on remy martin as compared to kobe. my hopes for AJ depends on where he will go to college.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

The level of competition of Arizona State is probably similar or even better than the level of competition in the PBA, considering his age you have to be impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
          The level of competition of Arizona State is probably similar or even better than the level of competition in the PBA, considering his age you have to be impressed.
          the kid has impressive motor and athleticism. he is like a hybrid of castro and calvin.hehe.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Significantly better. D1 (Pac 12, in this case) colleges would make mincemeat of our PBA teams. The Centennial team learned it the hard way, i don't think things are any better now. Remember that these schools continuously produce NBA players. Meanwhile, the PBA....
            Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
              Significantly better. D1 (Pac 12, in this case) colleges would make mincemeat of our PBA teams. The Centennial team learned it the hard way, i don't think things are any better now. Remember that these schools continuously produce NBA players. Meanwhile, the PBA....
              i think remy martin despite his lack in size has a chance to follow clarkson in the NBA. hope me makes it.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                i think remy martin despite his lack in size has a chance to follow clarkson in the NBA. hope me makes it.
                Definitely, there's a chance. He's a 4 star, along with Hepa. To put that into perspective, Kobe Paras is a 3 star. Martin is on ESPN's Top 100 (at the 55th-70th range perhaps). Hepa i think made it inside the top 50 before committing to the Texas Longhorns. This shows Remy Martin is in good company.
                Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

sus...there is no need to bet on that. Things that one should really bet on are specific milestones in the future like one of the following:

1. martin and edu will make it in d nba

2. martin and edu will make d mythical 5 of fiba-asia

3. if they play in d pba, one or both will be named as mvp

4. they will lead us to world cup and/or olympics as starters of gilas team without a naturalized player

etc...

Comment

Definitely, there's a chance. He's a 4 star, along with Hepa. To put that into perspective, Kobe Paras is a 3 star. Martin is on ESPN's Top 100 (at the 55th-70th range perhaps). Hepa i think made it inside the top 50 before committing to the Texas Longhorns. This shows Remy Martin is in good company.
                    hope he stays healthy and continue to improve with AZ.

Comment

Agree.
                      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Agree. Arizona not Arizona state, with Deandre Ayton, Rawle Alkins and Alonzo Trier will be impossible for gilas at our current level. Even the Oregon (brooks, bell, dorsey) and UCLA (ball, leaf) from a year ago are formidable teams.
                        "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

Remy Martin, latest highlights.
                          The Philippines is our nation. Basketball is our religion.

facebook: thegilasarmy
                          twitter: @gilas_army

Comment

jimmy alapag 2.0

Comment

More like Jason though
                              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

More like Jason though
                                Gilas jimmy was more of a 3pt shooter, facilitator. But young jimmy was super athletic and can dunk with ease

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information