Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Significantly better. D1 (Pac 12, in this case) colleges would make mincemeat of our PBA teams. The Centennial team learned it the hard way, i don't think things are any better now. Remember that these schools continuously produce NBA players. Meanwhile, the PBA....
    Agree. Arizona not Arizona state, with Deandre Ayton, Rawle Alkins and Alonzo Trier will be impossible for gilas at our current level. Even the Oregon (brooks, bell, dorsey) and UCLA (ball, leaf) from a year ago are formidable teams.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

Remy Martin, latest highlights.
    The Philippines is our nation. Basketball is our religion.

facebook: thegilasarmy
    twitter: @gilas_army

jimmy alapag 2.0

More like Jason though
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    More like Jason though
    Gilas jimmy was more of a 3pt shooter, facilitator. But young jimmy was super athletic and can dunk with ease

More like Jason though
    Yup. More like a Jason Castro who is a slasher & finisher off the break. But I think at this stage of his career, Remy Martin has better 3-pt. shooting than Castro had when he was 19 years old. I think Jason started to improve his 3-pt. shooting only when he was about in his mid-20's.

I've seen about 3 games of Martin with Arizona State, and I think he is quicker & more athletic than Castro ever have been.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    Gilas jimmy was more of a 3pt shooter, facilitator. But young jimmy was super athletic and can dunk with ease
    Jimmy Alapag is too small though for him to be an effective slasher & fastbreak finisher. I think no matter how quick & athletic a point guard is, if he is really short, mahihirapan sya mag penetrate & mag finish ng fastbreak becoz his shot would easily get swatted or he will easily get intimidated by the defense.

That's is why it is really crucial that Remy Martin has good enough size as a point guard. Listed as 6-foot-flat, I think Martin's legit height is some fraction of an inch above 5-foot-10. In one of Arizona State's game this season, the TV panelist covering the game described Martin as super quick. This knowing how common quick & athletic guards are in the US NCAA Div. 1 league.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Jordanesque? Kobesque? Traveling or Magic?
    The Philippines is our nation. Basketball is our religion.

facebook: thegilasarmy
    twitter: @gilas_army

More like Jason though
    yup. a more athletic version of jason castro. altough same size. i wished he could've been about 6'2 or something. but still his athleticism and high iq will deifintiely help gilas a lot.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilas Army View Post
    The female analyst is right, its not a travelling. Its like taking a hop while dribbling the ball. I don't understand while it had to be a travelling as the male analyst insists.

Remy is from a LA neighborhood, interesting cause one of CSUN's coaches (former fired na actually coached him growing up in the AAU system. He actually didn't know Remy was Pinoy , when i told him he was, he was shocked, and he honestly said he's never seen someone so quick, Remy is super quick , i mean even quicker than most black players.. his effective athelticisim (not talon lang) is really of the charts and really Alapag and Jason quickness are actually not at that level. this guy is Jason on steriods
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Remy is from a LA neighborhood, interesting cause one of CSUN's coaches (former fired na actually coached him growing up in the AAU system. He actually didn't know Remy was Pinoy , when i told him he was, he was shocked, and he honestly said he's never seen someone so quick, Remy is super quick , i mean even quicker than most black players.. his effective athelticisim (not talon lang) is really of the charts and really Alapag and Jason quickness are actually not at that level. this guy is Jason on steriods
    so Aj edu to western side of states?

give us a hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilas Army View Post
    In the eternal words of Robert Downey Jr.: "what do you mean your people?"

Syracuse dumps Arizona State out of March Madness 60-56. Remy Martin was scoreless in 19 minutes of play but had 7 REB and 4 AST. Syracuse used only 7 players - 2 of which played the whole 40 minutes.
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Syracuse dumps Arizona State out of March Madness 60-56. Remy Martin was scoreless in 19 minutes of play but had 7 REB and 4 AST. Syracuse used only 7 players - 2 of which played the whole 40 minutes.
    Typical style of college teams.. 7-8 man rotation.. No wonder kobe got bench when he was in creighton

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Typical style of college teams.. 7-8 man rotation.. No wonder kobe got bench when he was in creighton
    You either get pt or not no in between in college basketball
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Maybe this is one of the reasons which influenced Kobe's decision...
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Maybe this is one of the reasons which influenced Kobe's decision...
    Let's see what the new coach can do for kobe to stay at CSUN and guarantee him playing time.

Remy Martin will have little or no trouble with Chot's dribble drive system.Just imagine this guy running along with Clarkson, the Asian opponents will have trouble keeping up with them.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    Remy Martin will have little or no trouble with Chot's dribble drive system.Just imagine this guy running along with Clarkson, the Asian opponents will have trouble keeping up with them.
    kid is perfect for DDO.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast