Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

SBP as an org is lazy and without vision.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

There actually is a process and factors to consider
    I've done it before for a prospect..
    Can't really discuss, but safe to say there really isn't any issue here, if you knew what the total picture

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    There actually is a process and factors to consider
    I've done it before for a prospect..
    Can't really discuss, but safe to say there really isn't any issue here, if you knew what the total picture
    the process takes time.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    the process takes time.
    The SBP should have known that. Remy has been in the radar of Pinoy basketball followers for like 3 years already and the kid, even the mother, has been making it knkwn Remy's desire to play for the country even since 2017

Big picture? Remy has always expressed his desire and has been known for years. The sbp still doesn't know? The big picture is painted by the incompetence of the SBP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    Big picture? Remy has always expressed his desire and has been known for years. The sbp still doesn't know? The big picture is painted by the incompetence of the SBP.
    politics

So when did Remy really get noticed and was sure to be good?, 2 years ago at 18?
    How old was Greg Slaughter's when he got his passport?

How long did it take before Greg got clearance?

only when was it that the request for exemption made for Greg, wasn't it only when he officially made it in a 12 man roster?

Was request made when he was merely a pool member or just a prospect?

Now ask your self why?
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

I think sbp had shortcomings but we cannot deny that theyre trying despite the politics that is happening behind the scenes, like 3x3 for example(there is also a delicate issue in here)
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    So when did Remy really get noticed and was sure to be good?, 2 years ago at 18?
    How old was Greg Slaughter's when he got his passport?

How long did it take before Greg got clearance?

only when was it that the request for exemption made for Greg, wasn't it only when he officially made it in a 12 man roster?

Was request made when he was merely a pool member or just a prospect?

Now ask your self why?
    Because SBP lacked foresight. THEY could have cleared up Slaughter's or Martin's eligibility way before a toyrbament you want to play them. Take tje casemof Slaughter, perhaps SBP even during the time of Reyes coyod have cleared it up with Fiba. BUT then politics comes to play, which is not entirely SBPs fault, kasi taga SMC, why bother pag tiyaga na lang namin undersized Center na si Belga.. Same with Martin, as early a last year when Martin was included in 2023 Cadets poop. SBP could have clarified Martin's eligibilitt at that time. SERUOUSLY, you still have to wait June 2019 to check his eligibility when you pkan to use him for Gilas at WC.

I really believe that the rhetoric of Panlilio regarsing his eligibilty is more of a damage control, kasi kakahiya, you have a top fight talebt volunteering his servuce, pero nirefuse ng mayabang na Coach...

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Because SBP lacked foresight. THEY could have cleared up Slaughter's or Martin's eligibility way before a toyrbament you want to play them. Take tje casemof Slaughter, perhaps SBP even during the time of Reyes coyod have cleared it up with Fiba. BUT then politics comes to play, which is not entirely SBPs fault, kasi taga SMC, why bother pag tiyaga na lang namin undersized Center na si Belga.. Same with Martin, as early a last year when Martin was included in 2023 Cadets poop. SBP could have clarified Martin's eligibilitt at that time. SERUOUSLY, you still have to wait June 2019 to check his eligibility when you pkan to use him for Gilas at WC.

I really believe that the rhetoric of Panlilio regarsing his eligibilty is more of a damage control, kasi kakahiya, you have a top fight talebt volunteering his servuce, pero nirefuse ng mayabang na Coach...
    imo, i believe that remy is more likely eligible. i think hindi sila maglalakas to present their son to play for philippines kung alam nila na hindi qualified. circumstances may show that al panlilio's statement is more of a damage control since yeng probably turned down remy. remember, yeng has a history of ignoring/snabbing players because he prefer his guys. 2009, he excluded the likes of jimmy alapag and dondon hontiveros who were probably better backcourt presence than that year's team pilipinas team. 2018, he excluded dray, pogoy and romeo for the crucial game against iran by not including them in the initially list of gilas. that almost cost as a world cup ticket. not only that, yeng repeated insisted pringle in all crucial matches of qatar and kazkahstan in the 4th and 5th windows respectively. based on history, yeng has indeed committed that kind of decisions.
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    imo, i believe that remy is more likely eligible. i think hindi sila maglalakas to present their son to play for philippines kung alam nila na hindi qualified. circumstances may show that al panlilio's statement is more of a damage control since yeng probably turned down remy. remember, yeng has a history of ignoring/snabbing players because he prefer his guys. 2009, he excluded the likes of jimmy alapag and dondon hontiveros who were probably better backcourt presence than that year's team pilipinas team. 2018, he excluded dray, pogoy and romeo for the crucial game against iran by not including them in the initially list of gilas. that almost cost as a world cup ticket. not only that, yeng repeated insisted pringle in all crucial matches of qatar and kazkahstan in the 4th and 5th windows respectively. based on history, yeng has indeed committed that kind of decisions.
    This decision of Guiao can give a negative signal to prospective Fil for players of our. I'LL go the extra mile of having my papers process pero di naman ako paglalaruin, so why bother... If Guiao is still the Coach of 2023, even for exapmle Sage Tolentino has his papers in place, Guiao wont select gim kasi bata pa, he will go with his veteran guys Belga, Erram and Almazan in 2023.hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    This decision of Guiao can give a negative signal to prospective Fil for players of our. I'LL go the extra mile of having my papers process pero di naman ako paglalaruin, so why bother... If Guiao is still the Coach of 2023, even for exapmle Sage Tolentino has his papers in place, Guiao wont select gim kasi bata pa, he will go with his veteran guys Belga, Erram and Almazan in 2023.hahaha
    Screw Guaio bro.

I think remy is a great talent but upon seeing his game, yeng thinked, if he diesnt have jones cup to gauge this guy abilities eh baka mag castri barrica parks na lang ako sa pg position.. I think the emergence of parks making guiao think twice here..As for sbp eto yun nawawala if you dont have a cadet team , what if some in the team.a got unavailable, theres no more replacement and you couldve put remy there the way cs was back in jones cup

Eh wala..the cadet pool we have except for barangays favorite player ferrer have become vital cog on their teams
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

"so when was Remy noticed, 2 years ago?"

I don't know about the SBP and the others but he was already big during highschool. Unfortunately, Facebook and YouTube bloggers find out way ahead of the SBP. Maybe they'll make better scouts than the ones running SBP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    The SBP should have known that. Remy has been in the radar of Pinoy basketball followers for like 3 years already and the kid, even the mother, has been making it knkwn Remy's desire to play for the country even since 2017
    yup sbp knows that. the time and effort not to mention the money involved is not worth undertaking as of now since we have good guards with experience to cover the pg position.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    Screw Guaio bro.
    i wonder if you can go to a pba game and say that to his face?

Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    SBP as an org is lazy and without vision.
    someone may get angry at you.but he is no sbp employee,he is with the spirit of volunteerism.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    i wonder if you can go to a pba game and say that to his face?
    Obviously not, thank god for the internet

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Yeah, but who’s saying he’s ineligible? Reading between the lines, Panlilio is saying he didn’t quite fulfill the passport before 16 prerequisite. That’s the only thing I said. If you wanna interpret Panlilio’s statement otherwise, be my guest. Just saying it does not take a lot to confirm if someone has a Phil passport before 16 or not.
    its ok if he said he is not eligible outright.but why not confirm if he is truly ineligible?kung ineligible then its all moot and academic,dont tell me about interpretation if you havent taken statutory construction as a subject.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    its ok if he said he is not eligible outright.but why not confirm if he is truly ineligible?kung ineligible then its all moot and academic,dont tell me about interpretation if you havent taken statutory construction as a subject.
    I don’t give a fuck even if you’re a lawyer or a judge. I argue points based on merits and academic background doesn’t mean shit to me. Your being a law guy doesn’t exempt you from missing the point or misinterpreting things. Feeling mo dahil nagkasubject ka ng statutory construction immune ka na sa misinterpretations? Lol Ni hindi mo nga nakuha na ang sinabi ko lang eh he didn’t have his passport b4 16 (based on my own interpretation), you outright conclude I’m saying he’s ineligible.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast