Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Long shot, but I wish him well. If he doesn’t get drafted, he’d be a hot target in Euroleague.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

can he still play in college in case he doesnt get drafted?
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
        can he still play in college in case he doesnt get drafted?
        I believe if he goes without an agent yes

Comment

• he’ll be pick late 2nd round or mid 2nd round
          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Hoepfully, he gets drafted. Looks to be a charismatic guy, good for marketing.
            sigpic

Comment

Will get undrafted.

Comment

• This is pure speculation.

But I think remy will not apply for the draft if there are no teams promised him that they will get him.

Anyway if he is not drafred, he can be signed like kendrick nunn

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                  This is pure speculation.

But I think remy will not apply for the draft if there are no teams promised him that they will get him.

Anyway if he is not drafred, he can be signed like kendrick nunn
                  i may get a lot of no no's for this especially from the purist crowd but i really think remy, rayray, and clarkson will make the most formidable backcourt trio. well, maybe not in fiba world cup 23 as i understand two of the three have eligibility issues, but maybe in the next asian games which we should win to make a statement going straight to the 2023 WC.

Comment

he’ll be pick late 2nd round or mid 2nd round
                    Hope so. He has a stellar junior year and I hope that’s good enough to get him drafted.
                    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
                      Hope so. He has a stellar junior year and I hope that’s good enough to get him drafted.
                      I think he has a decent chance of getting drafted. If some team manager will take advantage of the hype and his value in the marketing standpoint (because of the filipino blood)

I think Dallas or San Antonio should give this guy a look. Mark Cuban has an eye on international players like Dirk and Luka. Barea is aging. Remy might be a good fit. Meanwhile, San Antonio because of Pop and Mills is also aging. Walker IV is a shooting guard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                        I think he has a decent chance of getting drafted. If some team manager will take advantage of the hype and his value in the marketing standpoint (because of the filipino blood)

I think Dallas or San Antonio should give this guy a look. Mark Cuban has an eye on international players like Dirk and Luka. Barea is aging. Remy might be a good fit. Meanwhile, San Antonio because of Pop and Mills is also aging. Walker IV is a shooting guard.
                        We often talk about the increased marketability of fil-american players because of the pinoy population in the US but is there really a concrete basis for this? is there even any available news article that says, for example, jordan clarkson is attracting a considerable number of the pinoy crowd to the nba market?

i know this is only anecdotal but our relatives in the US have never talked about clarkson along the same line as they have about pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by barok espinoza View Post
                          We often talk about the increased marketability of fil-american players because of the pinoy population in the US but is there really a concrete basis for this? is there even any available news article that, say, jordan clarkson is attracting a considerable number of the pinoy crowd to the nba market?

i know this is only anecdotal but our relatives in the US have never talked about clarkson along the same line as they have about pacquiao.
                          Pacquiao is an all time great boxer, Jordan is an at best sixth man or role player for a good team and starter for a bad team. Also Pacquiao coming from the Philippines helps him relate to the OFW/immigrant population and gives the filams someone to look up to and represent. Jordan is 1/4th filipino and most people don't really even know he has filipino heritage.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRodster21 View Post
                            Pacquiao is an all time great boxer, Jordan is an at best sixth man or role player for a good team and starter for a bad team. Also Pacquiao coming from the Philippines helps him relate to the OFW/immigrant population and gives the filams someone to look up to and represent. Jordan is 1/4th filipino and most people don't really even know he has filipino heritage.
                            my point exactly. so there's really no assurance remy martin will be marketable to filipinos.

Comment

• didnt know Remy had a chance to play against Chinese players.

"How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                                didnt know Remy had a chance to play against Chinese players.

I say if this kid plays for Gilas as a local player, nobody in Asian basketball would be able to keep in step with him. Remy is just awesomely quick & agile even by US NCAA Div. 1 standards. I once heard a commentator covering a game of Arizona State marveling at how quick & athletic Remy is. This to think that super quick & athletic guards are very common in US college basketball.

Believe me when I say that even a prime Jayson Castro or a Johnny Abarrientos won't be able to keep in step with this kid.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information