Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NOiNU View Post
    Yeah, but who’s saying he’s ineligible? Reading between the lines, Panlilio is saying he didn’t quite fulfill the passport before 16 prerequisite. That’s the only thing I said. If you wanna interpret Panlilio’s statement otherwise, be my guest. Just saying it does not take a lot to confirm if someone has a Phil passport before 16 or not.
    maybe they’re asking for more documents? remember the lassiter case? they ask more documents.. naniniguro lang for SBP part..
    Last edited by Silent Killer; 06-15-2019, 03:16 PM.
    Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Just read he didn’t have a Phil passport before 16.
      not necessarily. for those players who will play as local fiba will ask additional documents and they will judge if they will allow him to play as a local provided the document is complete and compelling. however it takes time before fiba makes a decision.plus the cost. we have many good guards anyway in the pros.so it is not a priority as of now.
      The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• I hope you guys are right and I am wrong. Because the way I see it (the way Panlilio said it) it seems to me that way. The fact that he can’t say straight away that he had his passport tells a lot. Hope this is just me jumping the gun.
        Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Comment

• I was hoping that Martin be included in the jones cup but mighty sports is not a national team so there will be eligibility issues with the NCAA.
          sigpic

Comment

• seems like martin is eligible thru his mother being filipino citizen when remy was born as passport before 16 was out of equation now..
            Last edited by reamily; 06-16-2019, 02:30 AM.
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
              source?

he doesnt have Clarkson and Martin,chances are gilas will be blown out of proportion come WC.If thats the case theres no good reason to keep him.the guy has a very hard bald head.First was Blatche, he didnt get him till it was panick button time,now Martin.There's something wrong with the guy's ego against stateside ballers.Maybe he wants to insert Ighalo in the final lineup.
              GUIAO is such a joke... Cant even produce a win for NLEX in the PBA. Even his Cabalen dont believe and trust him, he has not won in the last to elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by xenoloxy View Post
                Yeng should handle NT at least until Fiba asia cup qualifiers
                With him as Coach, we might lose even to Indonesia and Thailand. Knowing this two teams are not that strong, he might experiment again bringing his NLEX team as he will say that the players are familiar with his system.... ��

Comment

• “ Out of shape kasi ang mga top players ng PBA. Including our top level team in the qualifiers will disrupt midget chemistry. I want to reward all the midgets in the PBA because they know my system better. An all 5’8 lineup can beat even Australia’s team A ” - Coach Yeng probably

Comment

I hope you guys are right and I am wrong. Because the way I see it (the way Panlilio said it) it seems to me that way. The fact that he can’t say straight away that he had his passport tells a lot. Hope this is just me jumping the gun.
                    how do you think this fiba eligibility works? do you have any idea? are you thinking that remy showing his first ph passport will do the trick?
                    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                      how do you think this fiba eligibility works? do you have any idea? are you thinking that remy showing his first ph passport will do the trick?
                      Not in any way privy to inside info, but as like most cases before, after establishing lineage it all boils down as to whether one's obtained Phil passport before 16 or not. For now, your guess is as good as mine re Remy's eligibility. No need for you to go at me with that sarcastic, condescending rhetorics as I've already made it clear I am actually hoping I am interpreting Panlilio wrong.

Comment

Not in any way privy to inside info, but as like most cases before, after establishing lineage it all boils down as to whether one's obtained Phil passport before 16 or not. For now, your guess is as good as mine re Remy's eligibility. No need for you to go at me with that sarcastic, condescending rhetorics as I've already made it clear I am actually hoping I am interpreting Panlilio wrong.
                        its not rhetoric nor sarcastic. its common sense. fiba would just not simply allow that easy if the player is not known to be born in the philippines and even if he did fiba would ask supporting documents. many times it was mentioned even for clarkson case.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                          its not rhetoric nor sarcastic. its common sense. fiba would just not simply allow that easy if the player is not known to be born in the philippines and even if he did fiba would ask supporting documents. many times it was mentioned even for clarkson case.
                          How long has been Remy in the pool? AJ Edu and Dalph Panopio never had this delay before. I know it's different case for different people, but the fact that SBP admits to wanting Remy play and yet wasn't able to come up with the necessary docs in time (unlike Edu and Panopio) and now this statement of Panlilio re passport before 16 requirement preventing him to suit up, you gotta at least cast a clout of doubt about his eligibility.

How sure are you he has a passport before 16? Even Panlilio can't or won't say that. If I am wrong then well and good, I'd actually love that. But talking about common sense in this case isn't the smartest thing to do. We all have our own interpretation of things and I find it classless you act as if you were smarter. Ikaw na ang me common sense, ok?

Comment

• Fact: if you have a passport before 16 there are no additional papers required

In many cases one has a Philippine passport but is issued after 16th birthday (Wright), in this case one can still potentially be eligible by providing additional documents. What are these documents?
                            Not limited to but examples, correspondence with DFA prior to 16th bday on intent to acquire citizenship.., intent to represent Philippines even before b day etc etc

Been there done that,,
                            Remy didn't get his passport before 16, is likely hood, just need to provide other docs then
                            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• For the Nth time no one questions lineage, that's a moot issue and a given (no need for DNA or whatever silly evidence) no one in FIBA even questions that, you can be from Mars for all they care

The easiest straightforward which FIBA will not even question is present passport before 16 years old. It's the reasons we made that shameless attempt with.... Problema lang, it's Fake! Yes I'm calling it as is
                              Last edited by analyzed; 06-15-2019, 08:50 PM.
                              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

• Any time I deal with Fil foreigner prospects, any sane parent who has a Philippine passport before 16 wil just show it (privately of course) and it's end of story, wala na wala ng Iba, this was case with AJ and others
                                If this is case SBP would proudly declare openly to everyone he has a passport u16
                                It's really a no brainer, did anyone hear anything about AJ from SBP on needing to confirm or get more documents. Of course not! Because he has a passport before 16, period! No explanation or further confirmation needed

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information