Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Maybe this is one of the reasons which influenced Kobe's decision...
    Loyalty yan with theus and athletic director..Japeth got sideswiped innwku when the coach changed.. christiannstandjardinger was released in nebraska when new coach coming the coach who recruited got in hawaii and guess where Cs go after the park scandal..

And reggie theus although longshot is a former nba coach..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
      kid is perfect for DDO.
      Yeah. With his blinding speed & athleticism, it would be easy for Remy Martin to beat his man off the dribble & drive strong to the basket. American basketball panelists describe Martin as super quick & I think that is not an exaggeration. The kid is really amazingly quick.

Imagine some 5 years from now, Martin playing alongside 3-pt. shooting shooting guards & wingmen, and a Kai Sotto that towers over everyone. Imagine such a rich offensive options like that. The defense has to collapse once Martin penetrates, which of course will free up the shooters in the corners. Martin can also dish off a drop pass to the center if he is able to draw the 2nd line of defense.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

is there a slim chance he can play with Gilas while still in College?
        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
          is there a slim chance he can play with Gilas while still in College?
          Under a set-up of limited to 1 or 2 weeks at the most (includes prep) during the US summer , preferrably early summer (July) i think he at least has a shot.

Steven Adams I'm predicting will play in the July window of the home and away for the 1st time for NZ, mainly because of the limited time required ( he's litteraly going to have 1 or 2 practices and play 1 to 2 games) so a week in total literaly.
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

For me, a 18 years old Kiefer Ravena is better than a 18 years old Remy Martin. Skill-wise and basketball I.Q. lamang si Kiefer, lamang lang si Remy in terms of athleticism.

Comment

the most talented,tallest lineup ever?

Sayang talaga, by 2023 we would have a fully loaded lineup with point guard Martin (already 23 years old by that time), shooting guard Clarkson (30 years old by that time) and small forward Jalen Green (6'7 / 21 years old). Plus Kai and Aj Edu. That would be very terrifying for our Asian counterparts.
              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                For me, a 18 years old Kiefer Ravena is better than a 18 years old Remy Martin. Skill-wise and basketball I.Q. lamang si Kiefer, lamang lang si Remy in terms of athleticism.
                I doubt an 18-year old Kiefer Ravena could play in the US NCAA Div. 1 level the way Remy Martin does. An 18-year old Kiefer having higher basketball I. Q. than Remy Martin, I agree. But skill-wise, I don't think Kiefer, when he was 18, had the edge over the current skills of Remy Martin. For one, Kiefer's 3-pt. was a big question mark when he was 18. Martin on the other hand, already have a decent/respectable 3-pt. shooting in this stage of his young career.

You see, the competition in the US NCAA Div. 1, specially among the guards, is ridiculously very tough. Subrang dami ang mga magagaling na guards sa US college level.

Remy Martin averaging close to double figures in scoring in only his rookie season at Arizona State U is no mean feat. I don't think Kiefer is capable of making such impact had he went to an NCAA Div. 1 when he was 18 or 19 years old.
                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                  I doubt an 18-year old Kiefer Ravena could play in the US NCAA Div. 1 level the way Remy Martin does. An 18-year old Kiefer having higher basketball I. Q. than Remy Martin, I agree. But skill-wise, I don't think Kiefer, when he was 18, had the edge over the current skills of Remy Martin. For one, Kiefer's 3-pt. was a big question mark when he was 18. Martin on the other hand, already have a decent/respectable 3-pt. shooting in this stage of his young career.

You see, the competition in the US NCAA Div. 1, specially among the guards, is ridiculously very tough. Subrang dami ang mga magagaling na guards sa US college level.

Remy Martin averaging close to double figures in scoring in only his rookie season at Arizona State U is no mean feat. I don't think Kiefer is capable of making such impact had he went to an NCAA Div. 1 when he was 18 or 19 years old.
                  We can both agree to disagree but for me an 18 years old Kiefer can hold his ground against good PG of the US NCAA D1, but I can only speculate because it never happened(play in NCAA D1). Playing against PBA players when he was teenager really helped his game. Way back in 2009, he and Guo Ailun are the best U-16 PG of Asia. Come 2023 Kiefer and Remy are the PG of Gilas Pilipinas!!
                  Last edited by tomcat; 03-19-2018, 11:56 AM.

Comment

And here is the basketball highlight of Remy Martin..

Comment

It's a question worth pondering. So many kids in the US are so athletic and big at such a young age (dunking in traffic @ 12 yrs old) so the game is very different compared to the Philippines. Training is also taken way seriously and way earlier compared to the Philippines, which means that along the way, Remy has come across a lot of really skilled and high BBIQ PGs. Players such as Kai right now will have a very difficult time playing against top players of his same age in the US (around Jalen Green's level).

Having said that, I do not think it would've been far-fetched to think that Kiefer could've had success in the US at 18 (being around the PBA at a young age really brought his game up). Playing against grown men when he was a kid negated that need to train abroad (which I think is essential to be able to play against elite size which is not feasible in the Philippines). That is why I am so hopeful for a homegrown player to have success in the US so the level of basketball in the Philippines would have some legitimacy. Until then, we can not ask for that recognition just yet.

Comment

Remy Martin is turning 20 years old this year. He was born on June 16 1998. The kid reminded me of a young Jayson Castro when he played for PCU. I think Martin is a better shooter, and a legit 5'10.75" without shoes.

Comment

Kiefer couldnt even make a G League team, I doubt greatly he's as good as the PAC12 6th Man of the Year.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
                            Kiefer couldnt even make a G League team, I doubt greatly he's as good as the PAC12 6th Man of the Year.
                            because he didn’t apply for the g league draft. had he apply, he might get drafted in later rounds
                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                              because he didn’t apply for the g league draft. had he apply, he might get drafted in later rounds
                              He got a tryout. If he was worth picking he wouldve entered the draft.

Comment

About the Kiefer Ravena-Remy Martin comparison: The thing is, Remy Martin was already been impressive in only his rookie year in the NCAA Div. 1 league. So somehow, Martin has already proven himself in that level of competition.

On the other hand, we can only "second guess" of how Kiefer would have performed in the NCAA Div. 1 tournament had he played there when he was 19 or 20 years old. That's the best we could do, just to "second guess" becoz such thing never happened. You don't evaluate a player for something that never happened.

Some experts are saying that the legendary Oscar Schmidt of Brazil would have upstaged Dirk Nowitzki's NBA accomplishments had Oscar Schmidt played in the NBA. But such experts' analysis is just a "second guess" becoz Oscar Schmidt never had the chance to prove himself in the NBA while Nowitzki had more than proven himself in the NBA.
                                Last edited by JAMSKIE; 03-20-2018, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information