Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 206

Thread: Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

  1. #161
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    i-call up na yan, this is not the a Continental tournament but a the World Cup. Im sure Arizona State would be so proud if 1 of their own will represent.

    For full pinoy effect : Let's petition to have the pronunciation of his family name to be changed from the Mart' N to Mar-Tiiin (short "A" followed by strong sounding last syllable)
    ..

    Yup,Yeng is excited about the kid that he actually looked him up in youtube. And everytime they announce his name it should be the Pinoy way,with a hard "Mar" tiin,he sounds Pinoy already.

  2. #162
    Senior Member Joe Yabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Justin Brownlee as our naturalized doesnt seem so bad imo, dude loves playing for us

  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    540
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
    Justin Brownlee as our naturalized doesnt seem so bad imo, dude loves playing for us
    Dude is one of the nicest people.

    Saw him buying shoes for his household staff here.

    Always approachable towards his fans.

  4. #164
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    7,631

    Default

    can brownlee be our naturalized player in the SEA games?
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

  5. #165
    Senior Member interxavierxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,412
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    can brownlee be our naturalized player in the SEA games?
    If his naturalization papers are processed by then, why not?
    SAN ANTONIO SPURS FAN
    est. 2001
    *****


  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mordor
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Remy Martin real PINOY

    https://www.facebook.com/PBATrashtal...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARBKf699K_ihc82jZlCl2wCkK8jTX0oGs7EZIxmz2gfRWI 1pIm59S7refqICJMbaz_3uJ2EHDM96OAHxW5awDx0_QJC9y9iW cp4RYFfEIqrS2AKGCh7YtCkTQJo4-ihP54yEe3JDWx5stuXyWKr7E3nnTus1XeNSAgMP6fHW8BxuQsz deQCaAYVn8HBjQJB82ixedy8Da9g54dCFjAqfs33I8xbtYKu-yI_V4EeM65vPhJKx7HlNlUtaeir02TqK-CPJOk6rgWIUYRbjgjj5YJPTB42RTefVuJcIY3LphYK7mLOpNp3 wzcus66m_PDO8Ad3uaMPF8jZuyVWTdlnzACJ3Un-uydbObDe3EqDNU542iiN1ruUkf6kKv3l4_Ixt9xg
    You know how to WIN against the Philippines? Zone them do death and watch them crumble. Been working Since 2002 and coaches until today don't have the answer for it.

  7. #167
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Remy Martin in full display as the Sun Devils currently is playing Oregon State.

  8. #168
    Senior Member digitalsuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    9,081
    Country: Indonesia

    Default

    this kid is really good. looks like a hyper charged jayson castro
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

  9. #169
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Remy Martin in full display as the Sun Devils currently is playing Oregon State.
    They won this one, close but still a win. ASU is currently in 2nd place in the conference, and has a first round bye in the PAC 12 Tourney.

  10. #170
    Senior Member Dotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    988

    Default

    Remy Martin and the Arizona State Sun Devils repeated vs rival Arizona Wild Cats.

    Remy's stat line is as impressive as the first game:

    27 points
    8 rebounds
    7 assists

    in 37 minutes of actions

  11. #171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    621
    Country: Saudi Arabia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotch View Post
    Remy Martin and the Arizona State Sun Devils repeated vs rival Arizona Wild Cats.

    Remy's stat line is as impressive as the first game:

    27 points
    8 rebounds
    7 assists

    in 37 minutes of actions
    And they say "mamamain lang siya"... Hello!!! he face against some NBA prospects and Brownlee type of players there!!! I think he's ready now to be seniors member of Gilas this coming WC... and also to learn more from veterans, especially Castro, before the latter retires from International duties... because he will be our next in line best PG in our team...

  12. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    497
    Country: Canada

    Default

    And imagine, with all of these great offensive stats, his best strength is still his defensive tenacity.

  13. #173
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    257
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    And they say "mamamain lang siya"... Hello!!! he face against some NBA prospects and Brownlee type of players there!!! I think he's ready now to be seniors member of Gilas this coming WC... and also to learn more from veterans, especially Castro, before the latter retires from International duties... because he will be our next in line best PG in our team...
    I think the only real concern with having Martin at gilas is how will the rest of the team keep up with his energy. With Remy at the helm, you will have to run the floor with him, you will have to be continuosly moving and cutting. He'll be perfect for guys like japeth, Rosario but may not be jel well with blatche. Perhaps he'll get the phase changer role for the 2019 team but will get a greater role in 2023. I think he'll be perfect for a core composed of Kai sotto, AJ Edu, thirdy Ravena and even Kobe Paras. I can also see him jel with JGDL

  14. #174
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,601
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    I think the only real concern with having Martin at gilas is how will the rest of the team keep up with his energy. With Remy at the helm, you will have to run the floor with him, you will have to be continuosly moving and cutting. He'll be perfect for guys like japeth, Rosario but may not be jel well with blatche. Perhaps he'll get the phase changer role for the 2019 team but will get a greater role in 2023. I think he'll be perfect for a core composed of Kai sotto, AJ Edu, thirdy Ravena and even Kobe Paras. I can also see him jel with JGDL
    That's the Pinoy style of basketball - run and gun. Guys like Thirdy, 1GDL, CJ Perez, Ricci Rivero and hopefully Kobe Paras are good open court type of players who thrive in a high-octane up-tempo style of basketball. I see these young guns as better open court players than their older counterparts like of Lassiter, Matt Wright, Pogoy, Paul Lee or Scottie Thompson.

    Philippine basketball will never run out of greyhounds.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  15. #175
    Senior Member Alex07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    bahay
    Posts
    7,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by interxavierxxx View Post
    If his naturalization papers are processed by then, why not?
    let me rephrase, if ever he gets naturalized on time, would he still need the 3 year residency period for naturalized players?
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

  16. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,601
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
    let me rephrase, if ever he gets naturalized on time, would he still need the 3 year residency period for naturalized players?
    Wasn't Standhardinger our "naturalized" player during the 2017 SEA Games? I don't think Standhardinger would have passed the 3-year residency rule if there was that rule in 2017 SEA Games.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  17. #177
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    Wasn't Standhardinger our "naturalized" player during the 2017 SEA Games? I don't think Standhardinger would have passed the 3-year residency rule if there was that rule in 2017 SEA Games.
    They using oca rule, if they used the fiba rule on eligibility he wouldnt need the residency....He had his passport due to his mom being filipina.

    If they used oca rule, can Brownlee justify that he is living in Pinas since 2016?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  18. #178
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    23
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    That's the Pinoy style of basketball - run and gun. Guys like Thirdy, 1GDL, CJ Perez, Ricci Rivero and hopefully Kobe Paras are good open court type of players who thrive in a high-octane up-tempo style of basketball. I see these young guns as better open court players than their older counterparts like of Lassiter, Matt Wright, Pogoy, Paul Lee or Scottie Thompson.

    Philippine basketball will never run out of greyhounds.
    facts. i expect our future guards (which are taller than our present ones ) will have alot of fastbreak dunks

  19. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,601
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    facts. i expect our future guards (which are taller than our present ones ) will have alot of fastbreak dunks
    U can bet that the very athletic, super quick, skilled & good size point guard in Remy Martin will have a lot of those fastbreak finishes (either dunks or simple lay-ups don't matter to me as long as they are made baskets). The thing I observed about "small" point guards (like Johnny A., Alapag, Hector Calma), is that no matter how quick & skilled they are/were, they cannot easily finish fastbreaks even if they are a step ahead of their defender becoz maabot pa rin sila ng tapal ng mas malaki/matangkad na defenders. I have seen many times Johnny A. or Jimmy Alapag deciding not to finish the break becoz they knew that maabot sila ng supalpal ng defenders nila. On the other hand, it would be more difficult for defenders to stop or block taller point guards like Stan Pringle, Kiefer Ravena or Robert Bolick running the break.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

  20. #180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    963
    Country: Austria

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    U can bet that the very athletic, super quick, skilled & good size point guard in Remy Martin will have a lot of those fastbreak finishes (either dunks or simple lay-ups don't matter to me as long as they are made baskets). The thing I observed about "small" point guards (like Johnny A., Alapag, Hector Calma), is that no matter how quick & skilled they are/were, they cannot easily finish fastbreaks even if they are a step ahead of their defender becoz maabot pa rin sila ng tapal ng mas malaki/matangkad na defenders. I have seen many times Johnny A. or Jimmy Alapag deciding not to finish the break becoz they knew that maabot sila ng supalpal ng defenders nila. On the other hand, it would be more difficult for defenders to stop or block taller point guards like Stan Pringle, Kiefer Ravena or Robert Bolick running the break.
    This is why having leaping ability can be really important. Hard to lebron chase down when it's a dunk so having guys who can easily dunk can be important to finish strong.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •