Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

“ Out of shape kasi ang mga top players ng PBA. Including our top level team in the qualifiers will disrupt midget chemistry. I want to reward all the midgets in the PBA because they know my system better. An all 5’8 lineup can beat even Australia’s team A ” - Coach Yeng probably

Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    I hope you guys are right and I am wrong. Because the way I see it (the way Panlilio said it) it seems to me that way. The fact that he can’t say straight away that he had his passport tells a lot. Hope this is just me jumping the gun.
    how do you think this fiba eligibility works? do you have any idea? are you thinking that remy showing his first ph passport will do the trick?
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    how do you think this fiba eligibility works? do you have any idea? are you thinking that remy showing his first ph passport will do the trick?
    Not in any way privy to inside info, but as like most cases before, after establishing lineage it all boils down as to whether one's obtained Phil passport before 16 or not. For now, your guess is as good as mine re Remy's eligibility. No need for you to go at me with that sarcastic, condescending rhetorics as I've already made it clear I am actually hoping I am interpreting Panlilio wrong.
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Not in any way privy to inside info, but as like most cases before, after establishing lineage it all boils down as to whether one's obtained Phil passport before 16 or not. For now, your guess is as good as mine re Remy's eligibility. No need for you to go at me with that sarcastic, condescending rhetorics as I've already made it clear I am actually hoping I am interpreting Panlilio wrong.
    its not rhetoric nor sarcastic. its common sense. fiba would just not simply allow that easy if the player is not known to be born in the philippines and even if he did fiba would ask supporting documents. many times it was mentioned even for clarkson case.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    its not rhetoric nor sarcastic. its common sense. fiba would just not simply allow that easy if the player is not known to be born in the philippines and even if he did fiba would ask supporting documents. many times it was mentioned even for clarkson case.
    How long has been Remy in the pool? AJ Edu and Dalph Panopio never had this delay before. I know it's different case for different people, but the fact that SBP admits to wanting Remy play and yet wasn't able to come up with the necessary docs in time (unlike Edu and Panopio) and now this statement of Panlilio re passport before 16 requirement preventing him to suit up, you gotta at least cast a clout of doubt about his eligibility.

How sure are you he has a passport before 16? Even Panlilio can't or won't say that. If I am wrong then well and good, I'd actually love that. But talking about common sense in this case isn't the smartest thing to do. We all have our own interpretation of things and I find it classless you act as if you were smarter. Ikaw na ang me common sense, ok?

Fact: if you have a passport before 16 there are no additional papers required

In many cases one has a Philippine passport but is issued after 16th birthday (Wright), in this case one can still potentially be eligible by providing additional documents. What are these documents?
    Not limited to but examples, correspondence with DFA prior to 16th bday on intent to acquire citizenship.., intent to represent Philippines even before b day etc etc

Been there done that,,
    Remy didn't get his passport before 16, is likely hood, just need to provide other docs then

For the Nth time no one questions lineage, that's a moot issue and a given (no need for DNA or whatever silly evidence) no one in FIBA even questions that, you can be from Mars for all they care

The easiest straightforward which FIBA will not even question is present passport before 16 years old. It's the reasons we made that shameless attempt with.... Problema lang, it's Fake! Yes I'm calling it as is
    Last edited by analyzed; 06-15-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Any time I deal with Fil foreigner prospects, any sane parent who has a Philippine passport before 16 wil just show it (privately of course) and it's end of story, wala na wala ng Iba, this was case with AJ and others
    If this is case SBP would proudly declare openly to everyone he has a passport u16
    It's really a no brainer, did anyone hear anything about AJ from SBP on needing to confirm or get more documents. Of course not! Because he has a passport before 16, period! No explanation or further confirmation needed
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    For the Nth time no one questions lineage, that's a moot issue and a given (no need for DNA or whatever silly evidence) no one in FIBA even questions that, you can be from Mars for all they care

The easiest straightforward which FIBA will not even question is present passport before 16 years old. It's the reasons we made that shameless attempt with.... Problema lang, it's Fake! Yes I'm calling it as is
    Might be the wrong term to use, but by lineage I meant the citizenship of one or both parents or grandparents. In this case, Macaspac's (the mom) was already established to be Filipino. If she isn't/wasn't Filipino and Remy is living outside Philippines, that makes him outright ineligible, right?

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Any time I deal with Fil foreigner prospects, any sane parent who has a Philippine passport before 16 wil just show it (privately of course) and it's end of story, wala na wala ng Iba, this was case with AJ and others
    If this is case SBP would proudly declare openly to everyone he has a passport u16
    It's really a no brainer, did anyone hear anything about AJ from SBP on needing to confirm or get more documents. Of course not! Because he has a passport before 16, period! No explanation or further confirmation needed
    The very reason I became skeptic with Remy. Reading between the lines of Panlilio about him being in better position now to revisit these eligibility issues just made me sense something's amiss.

The very reason I became skeptic with Remy. Reading between the lines of Panlilio about him being in better position now to revisit these eligibility issues just made me sense something's amiss.
    Nothing amis, he probably just didn't get his passport before 16, hopefully was as a teenager or 17, that's all reasonably exemptable

What FiBA doesn't like is you only declare the person when he's already in the NBA, they're not that stupid

What

in my opinion, if remy was not included in the line up, he should have been included in the sea games team this year. fiba seeing remy martin representing philippines in a regional meet while young and in college maybe more acceptable to their eyes even if he secured only when he already let's say 17 or 18.

can we have him in the 2nd window next year?
    "If you can't beat them, join them." - kevin durant

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    GUIAO is such a joke... Cant even produce a win for NLEX in the PBA. Even his Cabalen dont believe and trust him, he has not won in the last to elections.
    lazatins are too anchored in angeles clark area, the nepomucenos ( who beaten pinuno last elections) lost to them...
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    in my opinion, if remy was not included in the line up, he should have been included in the sea games team this year. fiba seeing remy martin representing philippines in a regional meet while young and in college maybe more acceptable to their eyes even if he secured only when he already let's say 17 or 18.

Not possible, sea games is at november, thats the start of ncaa season. Maybe he can be at jones cup

NCAA season will be in full swing during the SEA Games and window games. The earkiest he can olay for Cadets will benon the 3rd window of Fiba Asia Cup qualifying...

NCAA season will be in full swing during the SEA Games and window games. The earkiest he can olay for Cadets will benon the 3rd window of Fiba Asia Cup qualifying...
    yeah. so we really miss the chance of having him this world cup.

The press release/statem of panlilio is pretty vague. Long statement that includes mentioning the need for a Philippine passport before 16 yet didn't confirm if Remy had it or not. Obviously, they're short of time and is trying to come up with all sorts of excuses. Why contact Remy just now when they know documentation for fil foreigners take time and the kid has long been signifying his willingness to play? And as far as I remember, Remy and his mother told remy has the passport before 16

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    The press release/statem of panlilio is pretty vague. Long statement that includes mentioning the need for a Philippine passport before 16 yet didn't confirm if Remy had it or not. Obviously, they're short of time and is trying to come up with all sorts of excuses. Why contact Remy just now when they know documentation for fil foreigners take time and the kid has long been signifying his willingness to play? And as far as I remember, Remy and his mother told remy has the passport before 16
    imo, sbp under al panlilio, so far, is doing bad job in scouting players overseas and that includes confirming documents. napapaisip tuloy ako, he is just a rich man's version of chot reyes - all talk, no substance. puro PR lang ang alam.

imo, sbp under al panlilio, so far, is doing bad job in scouting players overseas and that includes confirming documents. napapaisip tuloy ako, he is just a rich man's version of chot reyes - all talk, no substance. puro PR lang ang alam.
    Last year pa nagpaparamdam ang bata, yet SBP did not do anything to facilitate for his papers. Dyan talo ng SMC ang MVP grouo, MVP group is more into PR, walang personal touch which SMC which Chua brougjt to the organization. WHILE Chua is a villain to basketball community, he has this warmth and charisma which attracts the players towards him. Eh sa MVP group sino may ganya? Arespacochaga could be one, but he is viewed more as the intellectual tyoe rather than pang Masa...

Last year pa nagpaparamdam ang bata, yet SBP did not do anything to facilitate for his papers. Dyan talo ng SMC ang MVP grouo, MVP group is more into PR, walang personal touch which SMC which Chua brougjt to the organization. WHILE Chua is a villain to basketball community, he has this warmth and charisma which attracts the players towards him. Eh sa MVP group sino may ganya? Arespacochaga could be one, but he is viewed more as the intellectual tyoe rather than pang Masa...
    this is not the only time that they made inaction to our prospects. jeron artest and on harper, jr. could have solved our wing problems but they did nothing. also, both guys and their families signified their intention to represent gilas. but what happened? because sbp did nothing.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast