Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
    I say if this kid plays for Gilas as a local player, nobody in Asian basketball would be able to keep in step with him. Remy is just awesomely quick & agile even by US NCAA Div. 1 standards. I once heard a commentator covering a game of Arizona State marveling at how quick & athletic Remy is. This to think that super quick & athletic guards are very common in US college basketball.

Believe me when I say that even a prime Jayson Castro or a Johnny Abarrientos won't be able to keep in step with this kid.
    agree, i think he has limited stats because of garbage time.Paano pa if Remy and JC plays together? or better, Remy,JC and Jalen.I think we might not win against a loaded NBA laced Australian team but we would not get beat up that much. Remy may not score beyond 20 points but he has to have double digit assists a game, JC and the naturalized player would be the primary source of points, of course Kai and AJ will have to do their share, probably scoring 12 or 13 points and focusing on getting the offensive and defensive rebounds and of course blocking shots. Our PBA players will have to be good relievers and cheer leaders. Sorry for the Fantasy roster posts, but i do love a roster that would make our Chinese friends cry.
    Last edited by Alex07; 08-10-2020, 04:58 AM.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• The thing about Remy martin is that, his improvement in his stats line has been very impressive. From averaging 9 ppg in his rookie year, to 12 ppg in his sophomore yr., to an incredible 19 ppg in his third year.

Averaging 19 ppg in your third year in an NCAA Div. 1 school is no mean feat.
      "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
        I say if this kid plays for Gilas as a local player, nobody in Asian basketball would be able to keep in step with him. Remy is just awesomely quick & agile even by US NCAA Div. 1 standards. I once heard a commentator covering a game of Arizona State marveling at how quick & athletic Remy is. This to think that super quick & athletic guards are very common in US college basketball.

Believe me when I say that even a prime Jayson Castro or a Johnny Abarrientos won't be able to keep in step with this kid.
        Sadly, Remy looks like really ineligible. Wala syang mapakitang passport at documents e.

So, Remy will be added to the list of our "sayang"

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
          Sadly, Remy looks like really ineligible. Wala syang mapakitang passport at documents e.

So, Remy will be added to the list of our "sayang"
          whatever happens,lets get JC and Remy to play in the Asian Games.Just to keep that national team fire burning and their willingness to play. I think with JC,Remy and a naturalized player, we would end up getting a medal at least,if not the gold.Tingnan natin kung papayag ang China trans: I believe the next Asian Games will be in China.
          "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• if it is in china then expect the virus spreaders to cheat again
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by live_evil View Post
              if it is in china then expect the virus spreaders to cheat again
              yep, China will host the next Asiad

https://tv5.espn.com/olympics/story/...eania-athletes

Comment

• Remy Martin's game winner vs.Washington State, Remy finished the game with 23 points and tied Eddie House's record for consecutive games with 20 plus points (8 straight games) in Arizona State basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by barok espinoza View Post
                  https://cnnphilippines.com/sports/20...PGYFrydy1libV8

martin and clarkson for the 2022 asiad.
                  also include Ron Harper Jr. if the purpose is to win a medal in 2022 Asian Games(if interested and already had a PH Passport),,if AJ Edu is healthy that time and had already finish his commitments at Toledo we might as well include the kid on that line-up to familiarize himself to the system of coach Tab for WC 2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                    Just like Korea did to us in Asian games that they change the rules and they applied some FIBA eligibilty rules plus atleast 3 year residency rule.. That's why we can't able to secure Blatche at that time.. You can change eligibility rules in Asian games basketball if you are host nation..
                    korea did not change the rule. they invoked an existing guideline on naturalized players as per d olympic council of asia rules (d one that asian games follow for all sports).

Comment

• Originally posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
                      also include Ron Harper Jr. if the purpose is to win a medal in 2022 Asian Games(if interested and already had a PH Passport),,if AJ Edu is healthy that time and had already finish his commitments at Toledo we might as well include the kid on that line-up to familiarize himself to the system of coach Tab for WC 2023.
                      we must avenge the humiliating 5th place finish last 2018 despite the presence of clarkson.

Comment

• The 19th Asian Games to be held @ Hangzhou next year wherein the Oceania nations will be competing on several Olympic team sports like basketball, volleyball and football..this however will be a big challenge to us if the purpose is to win a basketball medal on that tournament, parading some of the ineligibles on the line-up are ain't a guarantee that we will be able to play on the medal rounds considering that China, Japan, South Korea and Iran may be able to send their A team in preparation for WC 2023..forget about politics but I think I had a gut feeling that we might be able to include those ineligibles in the line-up because we had a good relationship with the mainlanders just like what we did in the 18th AG @ Indonesia wherein we also had a good relation on our Asean neighbor that is why we sneaked JC on the last minute.

Oceania nations, including sporting powerhouse Australia, have been invited to compete in Olympic team events such as football and basketball at the 2022 Asian Games for the first time.

Comment

But they used FIBA eligibility rules.. So Fil-Am ineligibles can't play.. With China hosting 2022 Asiad eh for sure they will use FIBA eligibility because for sure they will be massacred by our team if we parade likes of Clarkson.. They see that already in 2018 that they won only 1 possession against us.. They afraid of what we can formed a line up, especially last 2018 Asiad eh we only formed a team last minute hassle.. So don't expect them to use relax eligibility rules just like 2018..
                          they used OCA rules in 2014 and 2018 asian games (not fiba rules).

china wont relax eligibility rules obviously, whether its FIBA or OCA.

Comment

• Originally posted by neo View Post
                            they used OCA rules in 2014 and 2018 asian games (not fiba rules).

china wont relax eligibility rules obviously, whether its FIBA or OCA.
                            So, other things being equal, clarkson and kouame can play together in 2022 asiad. it's martin that's unclear.

i think asiad 2022 presents a perfect opportunity where the coaching staff can experiment with a lineup that is a mixture of pba and gilas mainstays plus clarkson.

Comment

But China not playing fair.. Expect they will find a way to exclude Clarkson to play Gilas.. Basketball in China is one of their national pride, Just like us.. So expect the unexpected..
                              first, they must show us the grounds. they just can't exclude a player on a whim.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information