Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Remy Martin: Russell Westbrook of the Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    he’s not in Philippines..

in the pic or in his instagram, remy is in seafood city california. Plus the spring break is already done in US.. back to school for them
    Ah okay!!! According to some of my friends the dude is just finishing some school works before jumping to the first available flight going here to manila accompanied by his mother and meet with coach yeng at pampanga wherein his mother hails..I hope this scenario became a reality.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ_Reloaded View Post
    Ah okay!!! According to some of my friends the dude is just finishing some school works before jumping to the first available flight going here to manila accompanied by his mother and meet with coach yeng at pampanga wherein his mother hails..I hope this scenario became a reality.

He's cramming everything now so that he won't have to go to summer school and he will be free to practice with Gilas.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    He's cramming everything now so that he won't have to go to summer school and he will be free to practice with Gilas.
    Sir the kid is so much enthusiastic and excited to come over..in fact every time someone open up about Gilas and FIBA World Cup..lalo daw lumalaki ang mata pag napag uusapan ang bagay na yan..masaya yung bata sa gusto niya mangyari.

Sir the kid is so much enthusiastic and excited to come over..in fact every time someone open up about Gilas and FIBA World Cup..lalo daw lumalaki ang mata pag napag uusapan ang bagay na yan..masaya yung bata sa gusto niya mangyari.
    Great News.. for me his a shoo-in the final 12..

in a guard country like Philippines guy is a shoo in?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    To be fair he is a division 1 player playing in the Pac 12. Not many guards that can say that in the philippines

Don't know how many guards in the country that can play in the NCAA div. 1 and do well?

The only advantage that our current gilas guard has against Martin is that they have been veterans of the International game already I hope Castro and Alapag can help Martin in that situation...

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Don't know how many guards in the country that can play in the NCAA div. 1 and do well?

The only advantage that our current gilas guard has against Martin is that they have been veterans of the International game already I hope Castro and Alapag can help Martin in that situation...
    maverick ahanmisi....stanley pringle both are good but point guards in Philippine basketball teams.is much much delicate..I have no problem.for remy to take that 3rd pg slot since kiefer is out thats hiw ultra competitive that gilas pg slot is..

If he is that good he shouldve declared himself in the nba draft..

maverick ahanmisi....stanley pringle both are good but point guards in Philippine basketball teams.is much much delicate..I have no problem.for remy to take that 3rd pg slot since kiefer is out thats hiw ultra competitive that gilas pg slot is..

If he is that good he shouldve declared himself in the nba draft..
    He is not nba level yet but he is still good enough to be a 2nd stringer in pg slot

That's good to hear as we all know that US NCAA is strict with their "Student Athletes",the word student comes first for a reason,kid knows what to do and he has a vision on what lies ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoloxy View Post
    He is not nba level yet but he is still good enough to be a 2nd stringer in pg slot
    yup i agree but the competition mark barroca.. although you put remy there if he can prove that he has the potential to be a great 2 way player like mark..And im even not putting the ming ming bros in the convo..

yup i agree but the competition mark barroca.. although you put remy there if he can prove that he has the potential to be a great 2 way player like mark..And im even not putting the ming ming bros in the convo..

Yup, not all d1 pg with pinoy roots are exceptionally better than locals. Denver lopez and ryan wetherell
    smart gilas 1.0:
    98-75-3
    gilas 2.0:
    35-12-1
    gilas 2014:
    14-15-0
    gilas 3.0:
    16-7-0

Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    Yup, not all d1 pg with pinoy roots are exceptionally better than locals. Denver lopez and ryan wetherell
    to be fair thus guy are bench players..I am not saying martin isnt better than our guarfs but calling him exceptionally superior and a shoo in?

to be fair thus guy are bench players..I am not saying martin isnt better than our guarfs but calling him exceptionally superior and a shoo in?

Well sounds like you want him to audition or maybe have him go one on one against the Gilas proven PGs,maybe he gets embarrass and goes home,or better yet he beats them and then to prove a point goes home.So is he in or out? So if there's an abundance of guards and if they think they're all better than him,then lets not waste the kids time,he deserve to have a nice summer with his family after school and basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMIR View Post
    Well sounds like you want him to audition or maybe have him go one on one against the Gilas proven PGs,maybe he gets embarrass and goes home,or better yet he beats them and then to prove a point goes home.So is he in or out? So if there's an abundance of guards and if they think they're all better than him,then lets not waste the kids time,he deserve to have a nice summer with his family after school and basketball.
    I definitely want this guy to prove what he is capable of and besides we are just not looking at this World Cup 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua Light View Post
    I definitely want this guy to prove what he is capable of and besides we are just not looking at this World Cup 2019
    Diba good players will be get noticed,i dont care if he embarass our local players as long as he plays point guard/combo role well for our team not only make himself good..

Declare for the NBA draft? He's not that good there our different teirs of level, not even Clarkson was ready for the NBA as a 20 year old.
    And that's what we have to remember he's only 20, so to say he's already as good as veterans is pushing it, yes heay be a better talent, but not necessarily a better PG now, that's obvious and is really a different thing

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Declare for the NBA draft? He's not that good there our different teirs of level, not even Clarkson was ready for the NBA as a 20 year old.
    And that's what we have to remember he's only 20, so to say he's already as good as veterans is pushing it, yes heay be a better talent, but not necessarily a better PG now, that's obvious and is really a different thing

Then he's not good enough to play for Gilas until he reached the NBA then? Well lets not waste the kids time,he should be told that he had to earned it hard,this is where Gilas needs like a half a dozen tuneup games to see if he can jell with the locals.Doesn't this apply to Clarkson too?If Clarkson doesn't fit it in the system and with the homegrown players,what's the point of having him too?

the only thing to see if he is that good is to see him play personally.Maybe heis waiting for someone to send him a ticket or something?
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast