Rank the potential Finals matchups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank the potential Finals matchups

Out of the potential four finals we could see, how would you rank them?

For me.

1: Spain - Serbia

Spain's been the best team in Europe, and Serbia's gotten the best european finishes in world tournaments. It's about time they met in the European final.

2: Slovenia - Serbia

For the first time ever, two former Yugoslavian nations fighting for champion of Europe.

3: Slovenia - Russia

No favorites, contrast of styles...yeah that's all I like about it.

4: Spain - Russia

Rematch of 2007
    Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Slovenia are favorites for gold the way it looks now. Undefeated and knocked out the very clear favourites. If they get Russia in the final I would also bet my house on Slovenia. Although I don't believe in betting. Slovenia would be favourites against Serbia also but I think Serbia will have a better chance then Russia for some reason I don't know why.

Comment

Slovenia carrying a clear tag of favorites for the first time now. It's theirs to lose. How will that sit with the psychology of the game now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla View Post
        Slovenia carrying a clear tag of favorites for the first time now. It's theirs to lose. How will that sit with the psychology of the game now.
        I won't lie. I would be terrified by that tag usually, but this year the guys are playing so mature, its like watching one of the old powerhouse play. They don't miss a beat. I was shaking 5 mins into the 4th quarter, since it was Spain. Now, for the first time ever...., i think we'll have the gold. If we don't who cares we get 2nd place. For the first time ever. Win win.

Comment

If you think it's win win if you are second now, that is really weak.

Comment

Did you watched Dragic, Doncic and co. yesterday? They are here to win a gold, and they all want Serbia, because they want to win against the best team. Nobody is satisfied and nobody is scared, they're just enjoying the moment. Yesterday Doncic was laughing going in the fast break and it was some minutes to go. And this won't change on Sunday. Kokoskov did a great job and he has Dragic and Doncic who don't care against who and for which position are playing. And others sense that and that's why, players who normal are not that good, playing basketball of their life.
            Last edited by Killer Bob; 09-15-2017, 12:19 PM.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

Slovenian people in my opinion, have maybe the overall healthiest mentality in Europe. Slovenia is in the middle of Europe. There are no complexes. Slovenians drink unpasteurized and unhomogenized milk.
              Last edited by Tesla; 09-15-2017, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Slovenian people in my opinion, have maybe the overall healthiest mentality in Europe. Slovenia is in the middle of Europe. There are no complexes. Slovenians drink unpasteurized and unhomogenized milk.
                What did I just read? What does it has to do with their basketball team or basketball at all?

Comment

It's just an example of the overall healthy mindset in Slovenia.

Comment

It's just an example of the overall healthy mindset in Slovenia.
                    There are pluses and minuses in it, both in Slovenian mentality and unpasteurized milk
                    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Thank you for the kind words, but we have many many complexes,, problems and no we don't have the healthiest mentality

NT success has united everyone a bit though!

Comment

Really? I have been to Slovenia many times. I feel stupid if I am missing some Slovenian complexes. What do you mean?

Certainly in comparison to any other country, Slovenia seems to be highly balanced to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information