[1/2 Finals] Spain - Slovenia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry but this is me now...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Like Doncic senior said, Serbia in the finals and gold for Slo.

Also
    Originally posted by Kwijibo View Post
    We win Ez. Gasol vs Doncic: The beard vs the unhairy balls, the titan vs the kid, nacho vidal vs elniñopolla
    LEL!!!!

Comment

• Very happy for Slovenia, they deserve it. Last decade they had one of best teams in world with Udrih, Bečirević, Laković, Nachbar, Lorbek, Nesterović, Brezec, youg Dragić etc. . . and they never come close except 2009.
      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• Congratulations to Slovenia for the historic win!
        as people pointed out, they had pretty impressive rosters in the past, and it feels right for them to get a medal finally. I hope for a gold, a fresh name on the list.
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
          Very happy for Slovenia, they deserve it. Last decade they had one of best teams in world with Udrih, Bečirević, Laković, Nachbar, Lorbek, Nesterović, Brezec, youg Dragić etc. . . and they never come close except 2009.
          Good to see Lakovic pop up on Slovenia's bench.

Comment

• Like many, very happy for this win (and no, not because Spain lost) as Slovenia is running a very fluid game during this tournament, with a nice balance (even though obviously the backcourt is holding the keys of the success).
            I am still surprised this kind of ball game (offense oriented) is efficient, but for sure it's more fun than a free throw contest.

Anyway congrats Slovenia and their fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
              I agree with you that this is a small sample, but basketball is a game of streaks and in this current tournament outside shooting is one of Spain's strengths. Surely some slovenian players can shoot better than they have shown, but that's the case for some spaniards, too. Juancho is a 41% career shooter from NBA distance.

And another strength for Spain is defence. We're better suited for stopping the kind of offence Slovenia has shown up to this moment than Latvia's. Both Gasol can sit under the basket and block shots all game long without becoming a liability, as they are when forced to defend out of the painted area. And Slovenia lacks the big bodies to harass them and prevent Pau or Marc, or even Willy, to get good position. For once, playing both Gasol at the same time may not be such a poor idea. If they are doubled, we have enough shooting to make them pay for it. It's quite a simple gameplan, which doesn't mean it will be enough to win. But it's nothing different that we've been doing all tournament, meanwhile Slovenia has to kick it another gear and start making more shots from outside. Turkey and Germany couldn't. Let's see.
              Like I said stats can be very deceiving if you don't know what's behind them. Having good percentage against Romania and Montenegro in meaningless game is one thing and having good percentage in semis against serious team other. And about rebounding, Gasol brothers 16, Doncic 12.

Doncic with the most assists, rbd, the best PIR and +/- of the both teams, in the most important game of his life. Who would believe he's 18 years old?
              Last edited by Killer Bob; 09-15-2017, 07:46 AM.
              previously known as Beno

Comment

• I put so much positive energy on Spain! I am wondering why they lost! I am so sad!
                Congratulation to Slovenia!
                You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

• Congratulations Slovenia!

Doncic and Dragic are OP.
                  İzmir’in dağlarında çiçekler açar
                  Altın güneş orda sırmalar saçar
                  Bozulmuş düşmanlar yel gibi kaçar
                  Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa
                  Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                    For my friend Beno aka Killer Bob

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10079[/ATTACH]
                    nice photo. I'm sure he will cheer for you today, but on Sunday I wouldn't be his opponent. We all new how good he's, but it's unbelievable how relax he is. Like he's playing school game with his friends not semifinals in Eurobasket. Slovenia didn't win anything and then 18 years old kid comes and we're in the Final.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Gremo Slovenci...

Congrats guys, fully deserved!
                      https://twitter.com/AirAvangarda

Comment

• Jesus, what a game, what a team, what heart!

I am simply in shock. Not even in my wilds dream did I think we would blow Spain out of the game. And not even with Dragic and Doncic, but with Nikolic and Dimec. I mean come on.

After so fucking many painful losses, that awful lose in the semis 2009 vs. Serbia, all those losses in the 1/4 finals, especially the one in 2007 vs. Greece. That lost golden generation of Nachbar, Smodis, Nesterovic, Becirovic, Udrih, Lakovic, Milič, Brezec and Lorbek. With that awful, despicable excrement of a coach Ales Pipan... All those times we fans knew we had a special team hurt so much, now we can start to heal Now Slovenia finally is, where it deserved to be.

And I actually went and checked. The last time someone blew Spain out of the game by +15 was in 2008, when the Redeem Team blew them out by 37. Since then i don't think anyone has done it by more then 10. Simply amazing.

Also for me MVP is ofcourse Dragic, but MVP in the shadow, has to go to Prepelic who is shooting 55,6% for 2, 42,5 for 3 and 94,1% for FT, with 13 PPG. Too bad FIBA doesn't track fouls drawn, i think he is amazing in that aspect as well. He is finally playing to his full potential this tournament.

Congrats to the guys again.
                        My homage to The heroes:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

• Originally posted by Tesla View Post
                          Good to see Lakovic pop up on Slovenia's bench.
                          next coach, rumours say

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information