No announcement yet.

Scottie Pippen in Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He must really be in a huge bankrupt if he has accepted playing in a team like this.
    I KISS BASKET

Comment

haha now finns have Lordi and Pippen

Comment

Originally posted by Test
        haha now finns have Lordi and Pippen
        also they have good education system, good conditions of work, they never rush, never stress. I would definetly go to live there for a while, but i hate cold weather.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward
          also they have good education system, good conditions of work, they never rush, never stress. I would definetly go to live there for a while, but i hate cold weather.
          Also one of the highest suicide rates worldwide... maybe that's why they have so little stress... you can't be stressed if you are dead, can you?

Originally posted by parso
          Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
          Originally posted by sseppel
          it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
          Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
          Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

LMAO. whats finnish food like, ive always been curious

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
            Why don't they pay him in Nokia phones?
            "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Finnish Fishwich

Finnish Meatballs

Finnish Pea Soup
              You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

The split pea soup looks delicious.

...and yet I'd rather go to the Chinese buffet...
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

So... do you want comments on Finnish food or basketball? Never fall for Ericsson, Nokia's better - Thank you for carrying money to our society, although seemingly it isn't anymore enough to maintain our welfare society or even "excellent" school system - well, both are being slowly destroyed by political choices of concentrating on efficiency and productivity. Our traditional foods are very much like Lithuanian ones (fish, meat, potatoes...), we just don't pack them in the zeppelin shape.

Cant' help it, but Topo feat. Pippen vs. Honka Playboys was a perfect marketing gimmick. The house was packed like the day before- meaning 2 x 3000-4000 viewers. The average audience of this league is ca. 900... Helsinki had no team on highest Finnish league in 2000-2005 (before that there were 3, all fell to financial trouble, Topo is the 1st to come back), so marketing is extremely important.

Pippen was again awful during first half, but during last 15 minutes he played as a regular and consistent teammate. We all know that his speciality was to be an excellent team member, and that was what he showed in the game. No selfish plays, no fooling around with things one could do years ago but not anymore, no circus tricks. Why to hire Tony Delk when you could have Scottie Pippen?

Pippen did not take any young Finns' place in the game, because the teams are allowed only three foreigners - one of the regular americans did not play. In fact, because Topo is having several injuries, the coach had collected bunch of young guys to the bench and let them play as much as possible (Honka's bench is also full of juniors). Topo won and happened because two Finns (Timo Heinonen and Iiro Tenngren) played an excellent game. 18th win a row... Honka's playmaker Petteri Koponen had decent statistics but in fact was totally uncapable to lead his team to any better result. Judging from yesterday, his NBA-dream is faraway. But there has been many better games, too.

Best of all, Topo's manager, who invited Pippen to Finland, has moved to business world, and hopefully his tricks are finished now and we can concentrate on developing and marketing our own players and teams. Judging from Topo's current coach's comments, he wasn't thrilled about the marketing gimmick, but as there were no other choice for him, he played along. The ex-manager has been talking about bringing Jordan to Finland... What can I say? Of course I want to see Jordan playing, but hes' the only acceptable one.

After all sarcastic comments, I have to admit, that the event was a nice success. People got to see an NBA legend showing some flashes of his former skills & despite of Pippen's presence, it was Finnish players who were they key players for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakkapeliitta
                    Cant' help it, but Topo feat. Pippen vs. Honka Playboys was a perfect marketing gimmick. The house was packed like the day before- meaning 2 x 3000-4000 viewers. The average audience of this league is ca. 900... Helsinki had no team on highest Finnish league in 2000-2005 (before that there were 3, all fell to financial trouble, Topo is the 1st to come back), so marketing is extremely important.
                    I suppose I'm glad that ToPo got what they wanted: the extra viewers and revenue. That's always important for a team. And frankly, if Pippen's one game can get more kids interested in basketball, well, that's important.
                    Pippen did not take any young Finns' place in the game, because the teams are allowed only three foreigners - one of the regular americans did not play.
                    Good. I suppose I was wrong about that.
                    Best of all, Topo's manager, who invited Pippen to Finland, has moved to business world, and hopefully his tricks are finished now and we can concentrate on developing and marketing our own players and teams. Judging from Topo's current coach's comments, he wasn't thrilled about the marketing gimmick, but as there were no other choice for him, he played along. The ex-manager has been talking about bringing Jordan to Finland... What can I say? Of course I want to see Jordan playing, but hes' the only acceptable one.
                    Of course, Hakka. If Pippen, heck, if BJ Armstrong came to play for the Dayton Jets (my hometown semi-pro team), of course I would go and see him! I would love to see him. Yeah, it would be a gimmick, but of course I would like to see him play.
                    After all sarcastic comments, I have to admit, that the event was a nice success. People got to see an NBA legend showing some flashes of his former skills & despite of Pippen's presence, it was Finnish players who were they key players for the win.
                    That's great. I'm glad to see you say that it was the Finns who made the game good. ...and yet, I still don't like it. I don't know why. I really don't know why I don't like it. Maybe I'm just stubborn.

--Matt
                    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

For those interested in watching the game check here.
                      Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                      Artificial Nature

Comment

the fish sandwich looks interesting, so long as its cooked i dont midn trying it. actually looks good, except the meatball thing, looks bland. actually all look bland
                        Last edited by mvblair; 01-13-2008, 04:39 PM.
                        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

It looks like Pippen is going through every Scandinavian league. This time he played in Sweden for Sundsvall (currently topping the league). In the match against Akropol last Friday he scored 21 pts (4/8 FG, 3/7 3pt, 4/5 FT) + 12 rebs + 6 assists + 2 steals in 30 minutes. Not bad at all I'd say. Full stats of the game here.
                          Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur
                            This time he played in Sweden for Sundsvall (currently topping the league). In the match against Akropol last Friday he scored 21 pts (4/8 FG, 3/7 3pt, 4/5 FT) + 12 rebs + 6 assists + 2 steals in 30 minutes. Not bad at all I'd say. Full stats of the game here.
                            I watched the game on telly and it was over before it started.

Akropol is a terrible team and got their rear end properly massaged before it was all over and done with (Sundsvall is the main favourite to win the championship this year(the only team that has the size to play competitive int. ball) imo).
                            Pippen played ok, it was hard to look past the fact that he is not exactly young anymore and it was even worse to see the way Sundsvall catered to inflate Pippens box score.
                            The arena, however, was packed and the game got shown on national tv (its only the playoffs that is normally shown) so everyone got theirs:

-Pippen got 300.000 SEK
                            -Akropol deservedly got torn a new one (they will hopefully be out of the league next year)
                            -The basketball league got some media exposure in midseason
                            -Sundsvall made a neat profit from the attendance and ad sales and finally
                            -the commentators got to practice their over the top US accents (and make themselves look ridiculous)

It looks like Pippen is going through every Scandinavian league.
                            Awwww, Rickhardur!
                            You just dropped a few notches in my book. Surely you are aware that Finland (albeit geopolitically and culturally close) are not part of Scandinavia?
                            Unicajism (or Unicajian Performance Fluctuation Syndrome: UPFS) in all its glory

Comment

Originally posted by Billy
                              Awwww, Rickhardur!
                              You just dropped a few notches in my book. Surely you are aware that Finland (albeit geopolitically and culturally close) are not part of Scandinavia?
                              Haha Billy I thought you knew me better I simply streched it a bit, it's common and not a mistake. Historically, geopolitically and culturally as you mentioned there's a relation, you know that better than me. I would never ever make such a mistake mate
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

I don't like it. I don't like it one bit. If Sundsvall is the favorite in the league already, why do they need to bring in Pippen? Like Hakka said, it's just part of the show. I still don't like it...the only problem is I'm not sure why I don't like it.
                                Originally posted by Billy
                                Akropol is a terrible team and got their rear end properly massaged before it was all over and done with

Would Arkopol have lost even if Sundsvall was without Pippen? Probably, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information