View Poll Results: who will advance to the semifinals?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slovenia

14 48.28%
  • Latvia

15 51.72%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [1/4 Finals] Slovenia - Latvia

Default [1/4 Finals] Slovenia - Latvia

Sep 13, 20:30 CET / 21:30 local time.

Top8 for Latvia is already good result for us. Not sure we can compete with Slovenia this year.
    Last edited by archaz; 09-10-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by archaz View Post
    Top8 for Latvia is already good result for us. Not sure we can compete with Slovenia this year.
    As far as I can remember we have always won over Slovenia in Eurobaskets. This time Slovenia is really strong with Goran Dragic, Doncic and Randolf. Their back-court is even stronger than Serbian one (Bogdanovič, Jovič), which destroyed us in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boom_shakalaka View Post
    As far as I can remember we have always won over Slovenia in Eurobaskets. This time Slovenia is really strong with Goran Dragic, Doncic and Randolf. Their back-court is even stronger than Serbian one (Bogdanovič, Jovič), which destroyed us in the first game.
    I think we shouldn't be too modest. Yeah Slovenia has won all the games, they have a very good team. We beat them with much worse team 2 years ago (well, they also had a worse team there). It will be a tough game, but that's given - the battle for medals starts now. Maybe it will be our toughest game yet. I do not look at Serbia game as much now, as we definitely suffered from lack of good matchups with serious teams and vs hostile or neutral crowd in preparation... last two games (Romania and Czechs) we even played without Porzingis and a lot of time with reserves on the court, so naturally Serbia beat us - and still, it was a tie 3 minutes from the end of the game, so game could have gone the other way with some good runs by us. Russia is a very good team this tournament too and we managed to break the game vs them. We are capable, we are capable even to knock out Spain if we manage to go past Slovenia, if we shoot like today and have good defense and Spain underestimates us a bit. We are good enough to win this thing, we are not favourites for that but the team is THAT good.

As Latins said "Capre Diem"This is the moment for Latvia,this is propably the best team they've ever had.You cant go in this game having in mind that quarter finals is already a good result.It actually isnt,Latvia reached the quarters 2 years ago even without Porzingis.

I would bet on Latvia, both teams are on a good form, but Latvia has better offensive weapons. Should be high scoring game. Good luck Latvia!

Fantastic matchup, and a hell of a game in announcement! I give Latvia a slight edge here.

much better backcourt slivenia has i would like to see slovenia win
    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

I will cheer for Latvia but Slovenia is equally strong.

Nice to see that one of these teams is guaranteed a shot at a medal. They've had nice tournaments and deserve it.

slovenija and latvija with spain look like best teams on tournament.

I'll be cheering for my brothers from Latvia. It will be really good game. If Dragic plays like in 1/8 - easy win for Latvia. Randolph defence against Porzingod will be key in this mach. He has good foot work to chase him, but lack of size under the basket. If Slovenia put Vidmar against Porzingis - they'll dig a grave for themselves

Out of the remaining 1/4 games I think this is the most interesting.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Doncic vs Timma will be interesting matchup can't wait, gonna go with Latvia in this one.

I have a feeling that the winner of this Eurobasket is hiding in this match up.

Sep 13, 20:30 CET / 21:30 local time.

We can have a modesty contest than, since I am afraid of you guys

One of the less reknown coaches from Slo, but still my favourite TV commentator said If Slovenia starts running wild in a fast pace with Latvia, that's their game, while Slovenian chances lie into pressuring the perimeter hard to the extent they would disturb the game organisation.
    After all of it, it can just get down to having a good or a bad day from the range and that's basicaly it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Bet on Latvians.Will be very suprised if Slovenia will manage to win it.

Latvia wins this one. I think only Spain can stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Liha View Post
    Latvia wins this one. I think only Spain can stop them.
    Latvia's frontcourt is a nightmare matchup for Spain. If we meet in the semis it's going to be a bloodfest on both sides of the court. On the other hand, Spain's backcourt will have a field day. If Ricky and Sergio carry forward the impressive performance they are showing up to this moment, I can see both teams scoring over 100 points.

I'm much less worried by Slovenia in this regard, even though they have experience on their side I think Spain matches up pretty well with them.

Of course, we've got quarterfinals first to worry about.

Semifinals will be Latvia's best record ever, not counting pre-USSR days (They have a gold and silver in 1935 & 39). Their chances are good. Their bench is clearly better than Slovenia.

Wikipedia says Slovenia has never beaten Latvia in Eurobaskets. 0-2 so far. (edit: FIBA says it's 2-2 actually)

after saying all these, Slovenia with Dragic is more convincing to me.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

uncertain and close game I believe, no favorites.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast