Nowitzki will play at Pre-Olympic Qualification Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nowitzki will play at Pre-Olympic Qualification Tournament

Marc Cuban cleared Dirk to play at next July's tournament.

"It's not about four guys working to get one player open and give the ball to him."- Ettore Messina

Sanchez, Ginobili, Basile, Kukoc, Sabonis

Way to go!
    That only shows how committed he is to play in the Olympics.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

It seems this will be interesting tournament
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Good news, not much of a surprise though. Nowitzki always said that the he dreams about a participation in the Olympics, and I guess that Cuban won't want to be the one who destroys that dream. He also should be well aware that it's most likely Dirks last year with the NT, so it's a calculated risk imho, it'll just tie Nowitzki more to Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMajerle
          Marc Cuban cleared Dirk to play at next July's tournament.

http://www.basket.de/nncs/ussport/20...437900000.html
          Nice avatar.

Originally posted by parso
          Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
          Originally posted by sseppel
          it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
          Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
          Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

Just hope germany and dirk won't be treated by the referees the same way as they did in eurobasket...
            http://greekhoopz.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dirk should be an example for all other NBA players. A true star.

Comment

GER - Nowitzki not ready to leave German national team after summer

NEW ORLEANS (Olympics) - Reaching the Olympic Games would be arguably Dirk Nowitzki's finest moment with Germany but don't make the mistake in thinking it will be the last time you'll see him in a national team uniform.

No, despite speculation that it could be the end of Nowitzki's days with Germany, he has other ideas.

"If I make the Olympics, I said I was going to have a break," the 29-year-old said during the NBA All-Star Weekend.

"I didn't say I'm going to retire nationally. You never want to say, you know, that this is it.

"I always want to keep the future open. If I may have a break, one or two years, I might miss it that much that I want to play. It all depends on how the future plays out, how my body holds up."

No player has meant more to international basketball than Dirk Nowitzki the past several years.

The most valuable player of the 2005 FIBA Europe Championship, Nowitzki became the first European to ever be named as the NBA's MVP at the end of last season.

At no time has his fame or success, or career in America, become too important to represent his country.

"I always love representing my country," he said. "I've always had a blast, so hopefully we can go to the Olympics and take a little break."

Germany may have the toughest road to travel of all the teams trying to reach China after being drawn in Group B with New Zealand and Cape Verde for the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament.

If they finish first or second in that group, Germany will take on tournament hosts Greece, Brazil or Lebanon in the quarter-finals.

Only the teams that reach the final, and the side that finishes third, will advance to the Beijing Games.

So to even get to the semi-finals, Germany could have to beat Greece or a star-studded Brazil side that includes Leandro Barbosa of the Phoenix Suns.

"It's definitely going to be a beating," Nowitzki said.

"It's going to be a battle. I saw the groups. It's actually not too bad, (but) I think Brazil is very dangerous …

"Greece, I mean, really to get through it's going to be a hard job.

"But being part of the Olympics is still one of my biggest dreams. So we're going to be there hopefully, and hopefully we're going to make it."
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information