Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Road to the 2018 World Cup

Default The Road to the 2018 World Cup

Brilliant Isco Leads Spain Show of Dominance Over Italy

Richard Martin, Reuters
    Posted at Sep 03 2017 09:00 AM

MADRID - Two brilliant strikes from Isco and a late goal from Alvaro Morata gave Spain a spectacular 3-0 win over Italy, their nearest challengers in Group G, to move into the driving seat for automatic qualification to the 2018 World Cup.

Real Madrid attacking midfielder Isco, who was deployed in a "false nine" position as a deep-lying striker, curled a free kick beyond the reach of veteran Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon to put Spain ahead in the 13th minute.

Isco then received the ball on the edge of the area and danced past a defender before cracking a low shot into the near bottom corner which again proved too quick for Buffon five minutes before halftime.

Substitute Morata crafted a superb counter-attack with Sergio Ramos to start and finish the move for the third goal which he slotted past former Juventus team mate Buffon 13 minutes from time, rounding off Spain's best performance against Italy since their 4-0 win in the Euro 2012 final.

"I'm very satisfied with the players' response since I've been here, their mentality and commitment is excellent. Perfection doesn't exist, but we played a great game tonight," Spain coach Julen Lopetegui told reporters.

"You can always improve but it's hard to ask how today. We understood the importance of the game, and we have to thank the fans for how they created an atmosphere like the ones we've seen in Paris and Wembley. We felt their presence."

Spain top Group G on 19 points, three ahead of Italy and seven clear of Albania, who beat basement side Liechtenstein 2-0 on Saturday while Macedonia pulled off a surprise 1-0 victory at Israel.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: http://news.abs-cbn.com/sports/09/03...nce-over-italy)

Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts on this work. Its really a positive share and experience for the readers. Good article that provides great solutions to the problem . Insightful that these power profiles seem to regard sleep as unimportant. I will be waiting for your further write. If you have writing related queries or need any writing support, feel free to contact top best essay writing service. I have an awesome experience with them. They brighten my academic career.

The schedule of games (Philippine time) of the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia

35328113_2029154734018781_62393836017549312_n.jpg

Highlights of the match between Russia and Saudi Arabia to kick off the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. Russia won via a rout, 5-0.

A great 3-3 Draw between Portugal and Spain on the second day of the 2018 FIFA World Cup

RE: The World Cup in Football Countries and in the Philippines

I used to work in a country where Football is the number one sport for three wonderful years (the best years ever in my life), and one thing I noticed then was how during the World Cup, when you turn on the TV there would be nothing but endless Replays, Highlights or Analysis of World Cup games.

Yesterday I turned on the TV here in the Philippines, and I searched all of the channels on my Cable subscription and there was almost NO FIFA World Cup coverage. There was one later on ABS-CBN Sports and Action, but it was more of a Pre-Game Roundup than an actual Replay or a Wrap Up of the previous days' games.

It is kinda funny how our perception of reality (in this case Football) changes so much just by being in another country. Anyway, for now I will have to content myself with watching FIFA WC games highlights actual games on Youtube. At least they post the actual games there live.

With very little TV coverage of the 2018 FIFA World Cup here in the Philippines, you can follow the games via the official channel of FIFATV on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/FIFATV/videos

Ronaldo scored a Hat Trick recently against one of the favorite countries to win the World Cup this year while Messi misses a Penalty Shot against a team who just made their debut in the World Cup ...

France surprisingly couldn't put away Australia, needing help from Goal Line Technology to confirm their winning goal

Croatia comfortably dispatches Nigeria ...

A good game despite the low scoreline between Peru and Denmark, lots of great saves

I have published a summary of the TV schedule of the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018 that is available to Philippine viewers: ABS-CBN S+A FIFA World Cup Russia TV Schedule, June 17-21, 2018

Major upset by Mexico over Germany. Will another previous World Cup Champion make an early exit in the next World Cup?

Mexico looked very sharp in the First Half, though. They were very fast during their counter attacks, very accurate with their mostly one touch passing.

And another favorite falters, Brazil unable to put away Switzerland

Good game by fellow Asian country South Korea, with Sweden winning only via a Penalty Kick.

England debuts with a narrow win over Tunisia

Ronaldo scored his fourth goal in the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia giving Portugal its second win in the tournament

Only in the Philippines where a local third tier Basketball League like the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) gets prioritized coverage on Television (TV) than the ongoing World Cup.

Heck, the local first tier Philippines Football League (PFL) can't even get TV coverage nowadays, and yet you have the MPBL getting Live Coverage in almost all of their games.

This just sadly reflect how little respect in general Football gets from the Corporate Sponsors in the country.

Lionel Messi remained scoreless for the second straight game, and worst is the fact that Argentina lost via a rout. With Messi hitting 30 years old, this is probably his last World Cup, so he will likely be leaving it on a bad note.

France gets a win and eliminates Peru

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast