No announcement yet.

The worst players - EB2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Olyfan Two games is way too early to make a determination like that but I guess if I had to answer I would have went with Valanciunas since his favored team lost to Georgia and he couldn't outplay an inferior player like Zaza in which he was matched up against. If you're gonna pick Doncic after those two games you must view him as the second coming because other than his shooting he wasn't that bad.
    Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Came to this thread thinking, what kind of useless human being would create such a thread.
      Anyway Im happy that none of Lithuanian fans posted here. Good job guys showing some class.

Comment

A lumpen is making an so-called assessment which is clearly on the verge of trolling, some guys are trying to come up with logical explanations in return. Summary of the thread if anyone doesn't want to bother himself with the farce of the guy that Doncic has just loomed over his team like a nightmare
        Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
        Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
          I suppose the question meant "the most disappointing player" and not "the worst player of Iceland". Because there were very high expectations from Doncic, I undertstand the mention of his name, not considering the game against Greece.
          First game, 12pts, 8rbd, 8 ass, 2 steals, 19 index. He missed all 5 2 pts attempts, but had solid 43% per 3 points. Pretty good game for a rookie. And he had weak second game. I don't know what expectations are, but it's normal for that young player to have many ups and downs. But for sure this games can't classified him as a worst or most disappointing player. He's still a prospect not fully developed player. And after today's game my question is, who with 18 years scored 22 points or more against Greece in Eurobasket in the past?
          Last edited by Killer Bob; 09-03-2017, 06:16 PM.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

My goodness, cant believe i saw Doncic's name in here.
            Why so much hate about a little guy who quite frankly is -at this age- leading both his club and his NT and is constantly showing us what kind of a rare talent he is.
            Appreciate greatness and show some class.

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
              Giannis, Porzingis
              When they were 18?
              previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                When they were 18?
                Yeah I agree as evident by his upcoming draft position. Doncic projects to be picked higher than both Giannis and Porzingis.
                Top 3 minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                  Is it so hard to accept that Doncic is the greatest European prospect we have seen for a while, and he's actually having a good tournament considering how inexperienced he is in national team? Loosen up a bit and enjoy good players
                  Giannis, Doncic, Porzingis, Jokic (and maybe Schröder who is closest thing to Parker after his retirement, he at least is more or less at Dragic level). Those have a shot to be next FIBA European superstars, IMO.

As for the topic...worst also doesn't mean most disappointed...so it's a very tough to judge...
                  LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                  Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                  Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    Giannis, Doncic, Porzingis, Jokic (and maybe Schröder who is closest thing to Parker after his retirement, he at least is more or less at Dragic level). Those have a shot to be next FIBA European superstars, IMO.

As for the topic...worst also doesn't mean most disappointed...so it's a very tough to judge...
                    Yeah those guys are better prospects than Doncic is now obviously because they are further ahead but I think the statement that Doncic was a better European prospect at this stage than they were is pretty accurate.

Comment

When they were 18?
                      Does it matter though, given where are they now ?
                      1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

I'm not so good in bashing other teams' players but if I have to pick the worst player of team Finland, it is Gerald Lee Jr by far.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post

Jokic blossomed only after going to NBA, and we haven't "seen" Giannis and Porzingis in the highest stage in Europe. So why were able to see Doncic in Europe, at the highest stage, as one of the leaders of Real Madrid? Because he can't even go to NBA yet, he is that frigging young. Obviously we don't know if he will achieve the success of aforementioned names in NBA, hence the title "prospect", but what he has shown so far makes calling him "greatest European prospect for a while" justifiable, doesn't it?
                          Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                          Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                          Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by Liha View Post
                            I'm not so good in bashing other teams' players but if I have to pick the worst player of team Finland, it is Gerald Lee Jr by far.
                            I remember him from Buducnost. Tragic player.

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                              Does it matter though, given where are they now ?
                              If we compare them as prospects it matters.

Some people here are acting like Doncic is 25 years old in his prime. How anybody can be disappointed if 18 years kid makes 12/8/8? How many players can have that kind of stats? Let's say Doncic will improve in next 2 years only a little bit in every area of his game. Do you understand how much better will he be in next Eurobasket and he will still be U20? When he will add midrange jumper, become a little stronger and will attack the rim with more confidence, he will become really unstoppable. So yes, age matters.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

If we compare them as prospects it matters.

Some people here are acting like Doncic is 25 years old in his prime. How anybody can be disappointed if 18 years kid makes 12/8/8? How many players can have that kind of stats? Let's say Doncic will improve in next 2 years only a little bit in every area of his game. Do you understand how much better will he be in next Eurobasket and he will still be U20? When he will add midrange jumper, become a little stronger and will attack the rim with more confidence, he will become really unstoppable. So yes, age matters.
                                We have yet to see what he will be capable of doing in the NBA in order to call him the best European prospect in a while.
                                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information