The worst players - EB2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vivo View Post
    Is it so hard to accept that Doncic is the greatest European prospect we have seen for a while
    Completely irrelevant. Or maybe when the best european prospects shoot 27% it's good, when others do it it's bad.

You have no arguments. You just refuse to say that a player played badly when he obviously did. Dragic was averaging 29.5 points in the first 2 games and Slovenia barely won them.
    I'm honestly amazed at how touchy everyone gets over this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
      Ok, so we should all agree that the worst player is Iceland's/Ukraine's/ etc 12th man. Was that the point of the question?

I think it was who's been the most disappointing. Probably Iceland's 12th man could come in and shoot less than 27% but he's not allowed to.
      He's definitely not the most disappointing either, it's not like they lost all the games. It's more logical to pick a star from a big name team who didn't achieve expectations.

Edit: I can't quote on mobile but it's not irrelevant. And maybe not everyone is touchy but you made a crazy claim and people are trying to argue it?
      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Is it so hard to accept that Doncic is the greatest European prospect we have seen for a while
        Giannis, Porzingis
        1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

I suppose the question meant "the most disappointing player" and not "the worst player of Iceland". Because there were very high expectations from Doncic, I undertstand the mention of his name, not considering the game against Greece.

Comment

He's definitely not the most disappointing either, it's not like they lost all the games. It's more logical to pick a star from a big name team who didn't achieve expectations.
            You mean where the team didn't achieve expectations? So if Slovenia had lost these games, Dragic?
            Or maybe Bogdanovic since Serbia can be thought to be under-delivering?

Valanciunas or Motjejunas are good choices too -only speaking based on their Georgia game- but I wasn't going to list everyone.

Comment

Completely irrelevant. Or maybe when the best european prospects shoot 27% it's good, when others do it it's bad.

You have no arguments. You just refuse to say that a player played badly when he obviously did. Dragic was averaging 29.5 points in the first 2 games and Slovenia barely won them.
              I'm honestly amazed at how touchy everyone gets over this.
              Doncic Fg% in tournament is 38.2% and not 27%. He had 12/8/8, 43% 3 points in first game. He had bad night yesterday and very good game today. And he could play in U18 tournament, but he instead of that plays in Eurobasket and is essential for Slovenia, who beat you few hours ago and only Sloukas made more than 10 points for Greece, Luka scored 22.
              previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                Doncic Fg% in tournament is 38.2% and not 27%.
                You're not really doing much for that reading comprehension problem, are you.
                When the thread was posted and when I replied to it, Doncic was at 27%.

I won't repeat that again, anyone who doesn't want to understand can keep acting like a fool.

Slovenia, who beat you few hours ago
                Huge feat.

Comment

You mean where the team didn't achieve expectations? So if Slovenia had lost these games, Dragic?
                  Or maybe Bogdanovic since Serbia can be thought to be under-delivering?

Valanciunas or Motjejunas are good choices too -only speaking based on their Georgia game- but I wasn't going to list everyone.
                  If Slovenia had lost, maybe Doncic in first 2 games, but once again, he played very well today. Which shows why quick judgment calls aren't good. Bogdanovic obviously not, as it seems without him Serbia would be demolished.
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                    Giannis, Porzingis
                    You're correct, I should have added Euroleague somewhere there. Although I believe Doncic has the potential to exceed Porzingis' level.
                    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Which shows why quick judgment calls aren't good
                      The very point of this thread was to make quick judgements. Don't you talk about sports in your daily life?

Comment

You're not really doing much for that reading comprehension problem, are you.
                        When the thread was posted and when I replied to it, Doncic was at 27%.

I won't repeat that again, anyone who doesn't want to understand can keep acting like a fool.

Huge feat.
                        You said after the game he's shooting bricks.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

The very point of this thread was to make quick judgements. Don't you talk about sports in your daily life?
                          I do, I simply disagree with both your criteria and related assessment of worst players, that's all.
                          Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

This Doncic discussion is silly. Even before today's game his team was undefeated and he was playing solid. If he was a one dimensional player who only provided scoring then maybe you can argue he was a big disappointment. But everyone knows the uniqueness of his game is that he does a little bit of everything.
                            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                              You said after the game he's shooting bricks.
                              I said that's what was normal in EB 17. I didn't comment on today's game. The thread was posted before today's game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                                This Doncic discussion is silly. Even before today's game his team was undefeated and he was playing solid. If he was a one dimensional player who only provided scoring then maybe you can argue he was a big disappointment. But everyone knows the uniqueness of his game is that he does a little bit of everything.
                                So what would your answer be this morning? I'm all ears.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information