No announcement yet.

The worst players - EB2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't mind, he is just prejudiced regarding Luka, who is having a very good Eurobasket. Despite shooting, he is also excellent on the boards and is creating for others. Just enough so that Dragic can take breathers. He is essential..

Comment

Originally posted by jamescaan View Post
      A player with 80%,43%,83% split is not throwing brick after brick. You might be thinking about brickmaster Calathes.
      Where are you even seeing those numbers?
      He's 38% fg, 31.6% 3pfg after today. Before this game when this question was asked he was at 27.3% fg and 25% 3pfg

So I guess it's not me who's biased, it's you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
        He's 38% fg, 31.6% 3pfg after today. Before this game when this question was asked he was at 27.3% fg and 25% 3pfg

He was cold the first two games but what about everything else. How about rbs, assists, running the offense for others. Putting him in the list of worst players is just a disgrace.

Comment

When I write splits, I use 2pt% 3pt% FT%. His last game splits against Greece are what I posted.
          His overall split is 46.7% 31.6% and 90%. A brickmaster would not shoot 90% from FT line. You cannot call a player as worst player with those stats.
          Just to give you an example, Spanoulis in your standards is one of the worst players in Euroleague last season because his split was 47.9% 31.5% and 75.9%. So you be the judge with your unbiased! standards.

Comment

Normal in EB17 is Doncic throwing brick after brick but maybe you haven't been watching.
            Fg 58% with 22 points is throwing bricks? And don't forget he's the second most important player for the team who has 3/3 wins. If that qualifies him to be in the worst players category, than I agree with you.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
              He was cold the first two games but what about everything else. How about rbs, assists, running the offense for others. Putting him in the list of worst players is just a disgrace.
              Rebounds for a guard 9 times out of 10 is the result of statpadding.
              If rebounds are so important, Calathes is an elite euroleague guard.
              Neither have his assists numbers been impressive -or even ok- and Slovenia's offence is basically Dragic heroics. I haven't seen them playing anything resembling spursball.

But maybe that's me and my bias.

Comment

Oh.... VSpan again I suppose managed to forget all your other nicknames dude
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

When I write splits, I use 2pt% 3pt% FT%. His last game splits against Greece are what I posted.
                  His overall split is 46.7% 31.6% and 90%. A brickmaster would not shoot 90% from FT line.
                  So let me get this: A question was asked this morning on eurobasket's worst players, at that point Doncic stats were what I write above but saying he was bad is biased because hours later he'd put up good numbers against Greece?

Rubio is the 'brickmaster' and a good free throw shooter but the question isn't who's shooting worse from the free throw line so this is a pretty pointless thing to bring up.

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                  Fg 58% with 22 points is throwing bricks?
                  You have a slight text comprehension problem, it's ok, I understand.

Comment

So let me get this: A question was asked this morning on eurobasket's worst players, at that point Doncic stats were what I write above but saying he was bad is biased because hours later he'd put up good numbers against Greece?

Rubio is the 'brickmaster' and a good free throw shooter but the question isn't who's shooting worse from the free throw line so this is a pretty pointless thing to bring up.
                    Then before commenting on things, you should wait and see. 2 games is not a good sample size for any statistics. What about Spanoulis? Is he one of the worst players in Euroleague based on your standards for Doncic after 3 games?

Comment

This just in, taking 10 shots a game and having 27 fg% is good and anyone who says the opposite is biased.

Please, go and tell that to random people who have even the slightest familiarity with basketball. See what they think.

Comment

The topic is worst players, not bad or mediocre. Putting Doncic and his play so far in a category for worst is just ridiculous. You can say nothing special so far, not really great or average etc. The topic is very specific...

Comment

Then before commenting on things, you should wait and see. 2 games is not a good sample size for any statistics. What about Spanoulis? Is he one of the worst players in Euroleague based on your standards for Doncic after 3 games?
                          Some things you seem to be missing:

1) I didn't ask the question
                          2) It's a question on a basketball forum, it's not the be all, end all of intellectual discussions. You are allowed rush judgements and exaggerated hot takes.
                          3) What I wrote isn't even that, it was perfectly justified by stats and games and level of play.

I won't be bullied into not even saying an opinion so you can stop trying.

Comment

I wouldn't even try to explain my arguments when someone tells me Doncic is on the list of worst players in the tournament, but that's just me

Is it so hard to accept that Doncic is the greatest European prospect we have seen for a while, and he's actually having a good tournament considering how inexperienced he is in national team? Loosen up a bit and enjoy good players
                            Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                            Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                            Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                            Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Choose one in IL team, you'll be right
                              2022/2023:
                              PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                              SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                              SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                              PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                              PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                                The topic is worst players, not bad or mediocre. Putting Doncic and his play so far in a category for worst is just ridiculous. You can say nothing special so far, not really great or average etc. The topic is very specific...
                                Ok, so we should all agree that the worst player is Iceland's/Ukraine's/ etc 12th man. Was that the point of the question?

I think it was who's been the most disappointing. Probably Iceland's 12th man could come in and shoot less than 27% but he's not allowed to.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information