Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Qualification for EC 09 in Poland

Poland - Italy 51-43
    mid through third quarter, game live on Rai Sport
    men Italy looks like crap..
    no defense, no offense, no team play, outsmarted..
    Gortat is doing whatever he wants..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Poland won 75-74
    they were up by 13 mid through the fourth quarter but then italians fought back with some three point shooting..
    but basicly my impression is that Italy will dissappear from the list of serious european bball national teams if they don't find a true big men...
    without him they will just become another one crazy shooting team with no real threat to any serious team..
    it was hillarious what Gortat did to them under the boards..
    he scored 28 points and got 13 rebs and practicly alone destroyed Italy,
    Ignerski was also good with some nice shooting but the rest of the team looked mediocre to say atleast..
    I'm seriously concern if this Italy team can really make the next EC in Poland if they continue playing like this..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Quote Originally Posted by Picek
    Poland won 75-74
    they were up by 13 mid through the fourth quarter but then italians fought back with some three point shooting..
    but basicly my impression is that Italy will dissappear from the list of serious european bball national teams if they don't find a true big men...
    without him they will just become another one crazy shooting team with no real threat to any serious team..
    it was hillarious what Gortat did to them under the boards..
    he scored 28 points and got 13 rebs and practicly alone destroyed Italy,
    Ignerski was also good with some nice shooting but the rest of the team looked mediocre to say atleast..
    I'm seriously concern if this Italy team can really make the next EC in Poland if they continue playing like this..
    It was just the 2nd preparation game... in fact we have won the last 4 friendly games played... yeah, we lack a decent future big man if Crosariol doesn't step up (in the end we need a big man who grabs rebounds and blocks shots, not more) but we also have very good talent in the other positions starting from SF (Gallinari, Datome) to PF (Bargnani, Mancinelli, Gigli)... we're not bad even in the PG (Poeta-Vitali-Hackett is a good trio) and SG spots... Historically we lack good true big men (outside Dino Meneghin) but we achieved medals even without them... i think our main problem right now is the coaching: Recalcati is done...

We won first game against Italy. But I am not staisfied. I hope this team will qulify for Eurobasket. But in order to contend for the title we need:Milicic,Pavlovic,Stojakovic,Macvan etc.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Wow Italy lost to Hungary.
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Senior Member Juan Carlos Nadal's Avatar

We won a second game in a row, this time against Finland on the road. Final score: 68-90. A fairly comfortable win, for a second game running. If Italy continues sucking so much we may actually have a chance for the second place in the group and a direct qualification. It is too early to say though. This time we did not solely rely on Jaaberev (10p, 7reb, in 40 mins) but mainly on D. Ivanov and Stoykov (24 and 28 points respectively).

I have to say however that I don't like this team. The fact that we are using a naturalized player annoys the heck out of me. The people that know me know that there is nothing racist about this. I would feel the same even if Jaaber was an blond Icelander with a PhD thesis on atheism, rather than a contract-breaking, religious fundamentalist, from New Jersey. I think that we have enough talent in this team to try and qualify without extraneous help. The second reason I don't like this team is obviously Gershon's coaching (or the lack of).

The only thing that makes me still wanna watch this team is the fact that their main sponsor this year is the brewery from my hometown of Mezdra (Ledenika)
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Damn, we SUCK!!!!

Terrible team... players missing are important but not so important to lose the face like we're doing. I doubt we can qualify as 2nd team in the group... Bulgaria should be much better than Hungary and we lost to Hungary!!!

Recalcati, please go out!!!

that's what you get when you don't bring key players because you think that with the 2nd team you can win.

Quote Originally Posted by Iverson.A
    that's what you get when you don't bring key players because you think that with the 2nd team you can win.

No, it's not true. Our missing players:

- Belinelli, Bargnani -> Working out for the NBA season
    - Gallinari -> Injured
    - Hackett -> Southern California didn't let him go

Recalcati wanted all of them...

Our problem is the old coach Recalcati and the mediocre players he picked. Still, we could have maken a better team even without "american" guys...

If Italy lose today against Bulgaria in Sofia, then they are out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buducnost PG
    If Italy lose today against Bulgaria in Sofia, then they are out.
    Well, not exactly.

We can still qualify through the Additional Qualifying Round (it's enough the 3rd or 4th place in our group) but it would be sad for a supposed big team like Italy...

Quote Originally Posted by Toxicity
    Well, not exactly.

We can still qualify through the Additional Qualifying Round (it's enough the 3rd or 4th place in our group) but it would be sad for a supposed big team like Italy...
    I think it is realistic that your team will play the Additional Qualifying Round. Bulgaria is playing nice. I dont see much chances today for Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buducnost PG
    I think it is realistic that your team will play the Additional Qualifying Round. Bulgaria is playing nice. I dont see much chances today for Italy.
    Yeah, definitely. The way we're playing right now doesn't give us much chances to win in Sofia... while in the AQR next year we'll have a much better team so the qualification should be safe and we can enter the Eurobasket as underdog...

Hey guys, maybe you know if some TV channel will broadcast Bulgaria - Italy? I followed some Italy's friendlies on Rai Sport Piu, maybe that channel is broadcasting today's game and other Italy's games? thnx

Man what happened to Italy? 1-3 now without a definitive turn around they won't make Eurobasket for the first time in about 40 years or so.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

We lost against Finland with 80-77.

Ah, I wanted so badly to break the news... Finally Finland showed that they can actually play! (no, Serbia was not bad, Finland was just better, this time)

After two weak games Finland gave a good team defense (covering its lack of strength and length with a good rotation), had an above-average 3point-show when it was needed the most, a good floor general in Koponen and 1st class big man in Mttl (who fouled out with 3 minutes to go and boy was I sure that that was the end of the game for Finland).

Still, my main hope is that they can avoid the relegation round.

Senior Member Juan Carlos Nadal's Avatar

This is one screwed up group already. I predict high drama to the last gameday. BG may be 3-0 so far but I expect the Serbs and the Italians to bounce back.
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtown
    Man what happened to Italy? 1-3 now without a definitive turn around they won't make Eurobasket for the first time in about 40 years or so.
    What happened? I don't know but... did you see our roster? did you see our coach? Enough said...

This is pathetic. Serbia, a once power house loses to a shitty team of Finland.

This is what happens when one players scores all points for us. (Krle) ZzzzzzzZ

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast