Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Qualification for EC 09 in Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Freaknick View Post
    Wow. I had to rub my eyes when I saw that score. Goodness gracious. France would scare the hell out of me, and I think they're instantly the best team in Group B. Anybody know what the best ever finish is for a team who advanced in the qualifying round?
    I know that in football Denmark won European championship back in 1992 making it to the final tournament only after Yugoslavia was disqualified due to the Yugoslav wars...

Quote Originally Posted by Freaknick View Post
    Wow. I had to rub my eyes when I saw that score. Goodness gracious. France would scare the hell out of me, and I think they're instantly the best team in Group B. Anybody know what the best ever finish is for a team who advanced in the qualifying round?
    Last time the additional qualification round took place it was before Eurobasket 1993. 15 new countries have appeared on the map of Europe, so the additional special qualification round was arranged. Estonia, Latvia, Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia and Herzegovina have qualified through this tournament.

The final standings of these countries are:

3. Croatia
    6. Estonia
    8. Bosnia and Herzohovina
    10. Latvia
    16. Slovenia

Quote Originally Posted by sashikas View Post
    Last time the additional qualification round took place it was before Eurobasket 1993. 15 new countries have appeared on the map of Europe, so the additional special qualification round was arranged. Estonia, Latvia, Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia and Herzegovina have qualified through this tournament.

The final standings of these countries are:

3. Croatia
    6. Estonia
    8. Bosnia and Herzohovina
    10. Latvia
    16. Slovenia
    Thanks for that. I'm thinking France will find themselves somewhere between Estonia and Croatia in those standings...probably closer to Croatia.

Turiaf – ‘Stockton-Like Diot Made Me Better’
    http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/coi...leMode_on.html

One of the assists:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SccNzr68N_E
    Last edited by ip84; 08-31-2009 at 12:45 PM.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314