EC 2007 summary & impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stardusted
    Flames and spams aside, agreeing or disagreeing, a salute to all with who we discussed in civilized or not so civilized ways this eurobasket.

It was one of the things that made it a little more tasty after all, just like when we discuss it with our friends and families.

Be well, love the game, and if you can, play it too!

Now let the Euroleague season begin...
    I subscribe to that
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

For the Poruguese friends I would like to say that if their team wins Latvia and Israel with most players being some kind of amateurs, then good things are coming if they can take advantage of some of the young kids they have at their youth teams. As a matter of fact I saw a game of the previous U18 Fibaeurope competition and I really liked Claudio Fonseca although he seemed a bit afraid of physical contact which I could not understand because he has strong body. Why was he not at the men national team?

Comment

Originally posted by Stardusted
        Now let the Euroleague season begin...
        but there's the Erobasket for women before that.. sure, it's "boring" and "irrelevant", but still better than nothing, don't you agree?
        (and all regular suspects are in it, including Greece )
        stop russia

Comment

Originally posted by kestas
          but there's the Erobasket for women before that.. sure, it's "boring" and "irrelevant", but still better than nothing, don't you agree?
          (and all regular suspects are in it, including Greece )
          Talking about that, I was shooting a bit with a girl from a local basketball team yesterday at open courts... I would consider dressing her as a man and taking her to the NT if I was Yannakis. She was that good.

Still, women basketball in greece is way way behind (sadly).

Comment

Originally posted by OSCAR_SCHMIDT
            As a matter of fact I saw a game of the previous U18 Fibaeurope competition and I really liked Claudio Fonseca although he seemed a bit afraid of physical contact which I could not understand because he has strong body. Why was he not at the men national team?
            There were rumours about him being chosen, but the truth is he still very raw to play at senior level, he's just 18 and physically not ready yet.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by kestas
              but there's the Erobasket for women
              Good mistyping I must say

Comment

because of a great achievement of his team, Carlo Recalcati was awarded with a new two year contract..
                wohoo
                "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
                  because of a great achievement of his team, Carlo Recalcati was awarded with a new two year contract..
                  wohoo
                  It's beyond me...
                  Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
                    wohoo

Well, not exactly. The italian federation renewed the Recalcati contract a couple of months before the Euro Championship (probably thinking we would qualified at least for the pre-olympic tournament)... 2 years @ 800.000 euros...

So, even with the recent failure (the third consecutive after Belgrade '05 and Japan '06), they can't go Recalcati home (because of the high payed contract)... they were blind to give him a new contract before the EC and here in Italy we're ALL angry...

BTW Belinelli just said next year he could not play for the italian NT (and so Bargnani) if his NBA team wants that...

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information