Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 625

Thread: Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Their courtside reporters need a lot of work... It's comical!

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    222
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Can anyone give me the list of arenas?? especially QC. Planning to watch lolz

  3. #43
    Senior Member amamangloy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    mandaue
    Posts
    519

    Default

    are there official lineups for all teams?


    "I have to tell you now, you take your final vow! Don't wait for me to lay my hands on you!"
    -MAY THE STALLIONFORCE BE WITH YOU

  4. #44
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,929
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    the f*** are these people doing? reading their notes like a student and still buckle? are these people really serious in continuing this league?

    in fairness, puno ang venue.
    Last edited by ja.he; 01-27-2018 at 12:30 PM.

  5. #45
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,929
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    gary david is struggling even in this league. lol

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cavite
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Excited to watch Melencio of Imus Banderas later if he can translate his A game in this lower tier pro league.

  7. #47
    Senior Member fthesaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Have you seen the gate attendance and the amount of support that these teams are getting from the communities that they represent? Goes to show that there is future in this league. To the organisers, I know that at this time, everything is still on baby steps stage but keep grinding out there. You are doing a good job!
    " Bayan Muna Bago ang Sarili "

  8. #48
    Senior Member reamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fthesaint View Post
    Have you seen the gate attendance and the amount of support that these teams are getting from the communities that they represent? Goes to show that there is future in this league. To the organisers, I know that at this time, everything is still on baby steps stage but keep grinding out there. You are doing a good job!
    No one can beat the atmosphere in barangay leagues.. punuan yan..

    And Bob Guerrero covering a basketball game lol.. is like jim ross calling basketball hahahah
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  9. #49
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    18,313
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    ligang labas with tv coverage lol.. big time na ligang labas..

  10. #50
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,929
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    ligang labas with tv coverage lol.. big time na ligang labas..
    Mpbl is our own version of nz's nbl and taiwan's sbl except that the latter two's level of competition is slightly lower or equal to that of pba.

  11. #51
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,894
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    No one can beat the atmosphere in barangay leagues.. punuan yan..

    And Bob Guerrero covering a basketball game lol.. is like jim ross calling basketball hahahah
    Bob Guerrero is the worst playcaller today. Eric Tipan is underrated tho
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Bob Guerrero is the worst playcaller today. Eric Tipan is underrated tho
    guerrero just shouts... he still thinks he's covering an azkal game

  13. #53
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,929
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    mpbl expands to 13 possibly 14 teams as danao, ilocos norte, and masbate joins the league with nlex-sponsored team just only needs to find a city to be formally included.

  14. #54
    Senior Member judasmartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,124
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ja.he View Post
    mpbl expands to 13 possibly 14 teams as danao, ilocos norte, and masbate joins the league with nlex-sponsored team just only needs to find a city to be formally included.
    Slow and steady. Once the MPBL gains enough traction, the PBA may be forced to go regional just to draw the non-Ginebra fans in.
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

  15. #55
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,929
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
    Slow and steady. Once the MPBL gains enough traction, the PBA may be forced to go regional just to draw the non-Ginebra fans in.
    But before they challenge pba, they need to go full-pledged professional league. That means higher salary for players. That also means that they can no longer give free admissions to all in order cope out with their expenses. They also need to set a standard in terms of stadium/arena. Every teams' homecourt should have atleast 3,000 seating capacity. They need to reassure also that their media partner will hit mark in viewer shares.

  16. #56
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,929
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    What is interesting though is the fact that mvp will join the league through nlex. I expect smc will soon join the league if it succeeds and the mvp-sponsored team emerged victorious.

    If this happens, mvp-smc rivalry will spill from pba, uaap, psl to mpbl.

  17. #57
    Senior Member mangangalakal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,894
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Some lessons for MPBL:
    1) They need commitment from long-term sponsors. It's unwise to tap LGUs because these guys see nothing beyond their 3-year terms.
    2) Local businessmen can help support the league but not for long. This helped hasten the demise of Liga Pilipinas.
    3) A cost-effective way to run a truly national league was pioneered by Liga Pilipinas. They divided the season into legs, with each team getting a home leg playing against 4-5 other teams. That way, teams travel less and the provincial fans get more home games.
    4) They should take care not to compete with the PBA. When the PBA established the D-League, the major sponsors moved there.
    5) The big conglomerates are the most stable basketball supporters. Tanduay is already in the MPBL. Who knows, we might see the Valenzuela BBB Beermen, NLEX Pampanga, or Davao Phoenix Aguilas someday
    "Never doubt that a small group of concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
    -Margaret Mead

  18. #58
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,929
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Some lessons for MPBL:
    1) They need commitment from long-term sponsors. It's unwise to tap LGUs because these guys see nothing beyond their 3-year terms.
    2) Local businessmen can help support the league but not for long. This helped hasten the demise of Liga Pilipinas.
    3) A cost-effective way to run a truly national league was pioneered by Liga Pilipinas. They divided the season into legs, with each team getting a home leg playing against 4-5 other teams. That way, teams travel less and the provincial fans get more home games.
    4) They should take care not to compete with the PBA. When the PBA established the D-League, the major sponsors moved there.
    5) The big conglomerates are the most stable basketball supporters. Tanduay is already in the MPBL. Who knows, we might see the Valenzuela BBB Beermen, NLEX Pampanga, or Davao Phoenix Aguilas someday
    The possibility of big corporations coming into this league is there. The potential market of this league really big. Imagine the players are your walking billboard and they going aroubd many places.

  19. #59
    Senior Member ja.he's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,929
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    aside from danao, masbate and ilocos norte, binan, san pedro and sta rosa from laguna, san juan, makati, bacoor, and taguig (BENCH/ will bankroll this team) are now in talks with the mpbl management. if all of these teams got their approval to participate next conference, the league will balloon from 10 to 20 teams. not to mention, the mvp is joining the league, then the team participating teams will be 21. if mpbl survives its 5th season, then the pba should have talks with this league maybe folding the d-league.

    https://www.facebook.com/notes/mahar...2877886009934/

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,871

    Default

    let's see who among the current teams will stay... heard some teams are now having a hard time with their day-to-day operating expenses

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •